Fear of a Black President

RexRed

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 12:41 pm
mysteryman wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
Who said anything about not "supporting our troops?"

Here again, you show your ignorance. Bush used that rhetoric often "support our troops," but he cut veteran's benefits and services. That's what is called a "hypocrite." Do you understand? Maybe not!

So even though the money for veterans services and benefits has increased every year since Bush took office, thats still a cut?

I wonder where you went to school where an increase is actually a decrease.

BTW, have you or Rexred sent an e-mail or a letter to Russia telling them that their invasion of Georgia is an illegal war and they must stop?
Somehow, I dont think you have.

I figured I would wait 'til the dust settled in Georgia and then see what our government's response was before I stuck my foot in my mouth. I do have my own opinion concerning the matter in Georgia.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 01:22 pm
Summer 2003: Finding Courage
Veterans Benefits CutRepublican congressmen claim that Veterans Affairs spending will actually increase, but Democratic lawmakers say that would be true only if one ignores rising health care costs. According to Ashley Decker, writing in an article at Commondreams.org, the cuts could cause approximately half of all veterans to lose their only source of medical care and might prevent them from receiving their disability pensions. VA hospitals treated 4.2 million veterans in 2001, and 70 million Americans are potentially eligible for VA benefits.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 01:28 pm
RexRed wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
Who said anything about not "supporting our troops?"

Here again, you show your ignorance. Bush used that rhetoric often "support our troops," but he cut veteran's benefits and services. That's what is called a "hypocrite." Do you understand? Maybe not!

So even though the money for veterans services and benefits has increased every year since Bush took office, thats still a cut?

I wonder where you went to school where an increase is actually a decrease.

BTW, have you or Rexred sent an e-mail or a letter to Russia telling them that their invasion of Georgia is an illegal war and they must stop?
Somehow, I dont think you have.

I figured I would wait 'til the dust settled in Georgia and then see what our government's response was before I stuck my foot in my mouth. I do have my own opinion concerning the matter in Georgia.

That didnt stop you from calling the Iraq war an "illegal war".
After all, Russia doesnt have permission from the UN to invade Georgia.
Whats the difference?
Diest TKO

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 02:24 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Quote:
No WMDs, except the ones we used to blow them to bits.

T
K
O

There were no WMD's used by the US in Iraq.

You know that so your statement makes you look silly.

Had we found ordinance with the equal capability of the ordinance we used, we would have celebrated that we found WMDs...

Aside form that, the point was more philosophical than anything. Are we using weapons of MODERATE destruction then? What do you call the weapons we use? Our ordinance proved itself to do more mass destruction than any of the imaginary doomsday WMDs we were promised to find.

So it's not me who is silly.

T
K
O
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 06:04 am
@mysteryman,
Doesn't stop ME from saying the SAME thing! It IS an illegal war! Congress was stupid enough to give thier power to Busch and claim they regret it, but are in bed with him! It's a "slam-dunk"!
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 10:29 am
@teenyboone,
teenyboone is right! Congress approved the war, then later changed their mind by saying they would never have voted to approve this war if they knew now what was not available when they approved it.

The argument then became a claim that Bush said congress had the same info they had, but we learned that Bush had more detailed info from the intelligence community that was not privy to congress.

It's now a question of who do we believe, Bush or congress?

That's a no-brainer; Bush lied.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 10:36 am
@cicerone imposter,
Here's over 51,000 posts on the Bush lie: http://www.google.com/search?q=bush+lie%3B+congress+has+the+same+intel+on+iraq&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B3RNFA_enUS269US279
teenyboone

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 04:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
CI:
That's why it's called "Bush's War"! Sigh!
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 03:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Bush did not lie about Saddam possessing WMD.
Bush made a mistake about Saddam possessing WMD.
Saddam Hussein was violating the Kuwait armistice from 1992 to 2003.
Saddam was mass murdering non-murdering Iraqis from 1979 to 2003 at the average rate of over 228 per day prior to the invasion of Iraq.
Iraqi civilians were being killed at the average rate of less than 60 per day 2003 to 2007.
Iraqi civilians were being killed at the average rate of less than 30 per day in 2008.
Al-Qaeda was in Iraq BEFORE the USA invaded Iraq.
Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, 09/08/2006, wrote:

Congressional Intelligence Report 09/08/2006
Postwar information indicates that the Intelligence Community accurately assessed that al-Qa'ida affiliate group Ansar al-Islam operated in Kurdish-controlled northeastern Iraq

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 04:33 pm
@ican711nm,
Saddam did not "operate" in Northern Iraq. The US not only had a no-fly zone, but kept track of where the Iraqi military operated.

All your other "reasons" are not worth the statements to justify Bush's preemptive attack on a sovereign country. The world community and the UN were against this war.
ican711nm

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 05:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Saddam did operate in Northern Iraq in 1996. But that's irrelevant to the fact that al-Qaeda did establish its own sanctuary and did operate in Northern Iraq from December 2001 to March 2003, when the USA invaded Iraq. Saddam apparently did not assist al-Qaeda there.

Al-Qaeda established sanctuary in Afghanistan in May, 1996. The USA invaded Afghanistan in October 2001. The USA ignoring that sanctuary led to the terrorist attack on the USA on 9/11/2001.

Al-Qaeda did establish sanctuary in Iraq in December 2001. The USA did not wait 5 years this time before it invaded Iraq, Ignoring that sanctuary would probably lead to another terrorist attack on the USA by 2006.

The UN was not against the USA invasion of Iraq.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 02:59 pm
@snood,
USA is colour conscious and the US flag is the best peace of cloth to make their lives happy.
If- onlyif- usa is a democratic( not corporate sponsered One) country the people woould have hailed MLK as the president. But he was shot dead.
Now a person who is neither black nor white divert the attention with his words.

There are countries which uphold democracy, decency, decipline and decorum but USA is not yet matured to come out of his/her arrogance and the never ending flag-waving patriotism.
ican711nm

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 05:01 pm
@Ramafuchs,
Americans are people who have arrived here from many countries, or are the progeny of people who arrived here over time from many countries. Most of these people adhere to the same principles.

Exodus 20:1 " 20:14
Thou shalt have no other gods before Me;
thou shall not make unto thee a graven image,
Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain;
Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Honour thy father and thy mother,
Thou shalt not commit murder.
Thou shalt not commit adultery.
Thou shalt not steal.
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
Thou shalt not covet anything that is thy neighbour’s.

The Declaration of Independence
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

The Constitution of the United States of America
We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

There are people living in America and other countries who fail to adhere to these same principles. They are a torment to Americans as well as to human beings living throughout the world..

There are people living in America who have successfully aided millions throughout the world as well as Americans. There are now deceased Americans who have successfully aided millions throughout the world as well as Americans.

Thankfully, the are no alive or deceased Americans who participate in or participated in the mass-murders of millions of non-murderers.

There are and were Americans who participated in the mass-murder of mass-murderers of non-murderers in successful efforts to terminate or reduce the mass-murders of non-murderers.

It took Americans 89 years to end slavery. However, unlike too many other countries we have not permitted slavery in America in over 143 years.

Americans with few exceptions have learned to judge people by their character and the consequences of their actions, and not by their skin color, their gender, their religion, their ethnic group, or their national origin.

I hope and pray that we continue our good record, and continue to improve on that good record.

God bless America.

Diest TKO

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 08:51 pm
@ican711nm,
ican711nm wrote:

Americans are people who have arrived here from many countries, or are the progeny of people who arrived here over time from many countries. Most of these people adhere to the same principles.

Exodus 20:1 " 20:14
Thou shalt have no other gods before Me;
thou shall not make unto thee a graven image,
Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain;
Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Honour thy father and thy mother,
Thou shalt not commit murder.
Thou shalt not commit adultery.
Thou shalt not steal.
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
Thou shalt not covet anything that is thy neighbour’s.

The Declaration of Independence
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

The Constitution of the United States of America
We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

There are people living in America and other countries who fail to adhere to these same principles. They are a torment to Americans as well as to human beings living throughout the world..

There are people living in America who have successfully aided millions throughout the world as well as Americans. There are now deceased Americans who have successfully aided millions throughout the world as well as Americans.

Thankfully, the are no alive or deceased Americans who participate in or participated in the mass-murders of millions of non-murderers.

There are and were Americans who participated in the mass-murder of mass-murderers of non-murderers in successful efforts to terminate or reduce the mass-murders of non-murderers.

It took Americans 89 years to end slavery. However, unlike too many other countries we have not permitted slavery in America in over 143 years.

Americans with few exceptions have learned to judge people by their character and the consequences of their actions, and not by their skin color, their gender, their religion, their ethnic group, or their national origin.

I hope and pray that we continue our good record, and continue to improve on that good record.

God bless America.

Ican - I'm more convinced than ever that you don't have a clue what your'e talking about.

Ignoring your rigid view of what the USA is, if what you posted here was a grade card, the republicans you vote for are flunking out.

my personal favorite...
Quote:

Unfortunately, you forgot to mention the mass murdering done by Americans of non-murderers to use your phrasing. The US track record in Iraq for killing civilians is nothing to be proud of.

The number of non-murders murdered in every strike made on the US is small in comparison to the number of civilian deaths.

In short: You're full of crap, and you picked one of the worst arguments to try and make.

Fact: Americans kill innocents too.

T
K
O
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 08:55 pm
@Diest TKO,
Diest, You have reversed the rhetoric ican loves to use about non-murders and murders, but the example you gave about our country's responsibility for killing those tens of thousands of innocent non-killers will not register in his tiny brain.

ican's brain shrunk so small that new ideas cannot be absorbed; he parrots the same rhetoric as if he understands facts or any reality - which he doesn't.

Trying to communicate with such a turkey is a huge waste of time.
georgeob1

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 10:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Diest, You have reversed the rhetoric ican loves to use about non-murders and murders, but the example you gave about our country's responsibility for killing those tens of thousands of innocent non-killers will not register in his tiny brain.

ican's brain shrunk so small that new ideas cannot be absorbed; he parrots the same rhetoric as if he understands facts or any reality - which he doesn't.

Trying to communicate with such a turkey is a huge waste of time.
This was not exactly an illuminating or informative post either Cicerone.
ican711nm

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 07:19 am
@georgeob1,
Truth is an anathema to both diest and cicerone.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 07:23 am
@georgeob1,
Nice to see you agreeing with ican again george.
ican711nm

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 07:40 am
@parados,
Sorry parados. I should have credited you as well.
CORRECTION
Truth is an anathema to diest, cicerone, and parados.

They continue to blame America for the mass-murders of tens of thousands of non-murderering Iraqis that were perpetratrated by the mass-murderers among them after our invasion of Iraq. They were not caused by the USA. Our invasion of Iraq removed a regime that had mass murdered hundreds of thousands of non-murdering Iraqis. Since our removal of that regime, the murder rate of Iraqis non-murderers has decreased substantially.
Diest TKO

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 05:27 pm
@ican711nm,
ican711nm wrote:
They continue to blame America for the mass-murders of tens of thousands of non-murderering Iraqis that were perpetratrated by the mass-murderers among them after our invasion of Iraq.

So I guess you blame the non-murdering Iraqis that we murdered. Thanks for clearing that up. It's their fault they died; collateral damage. Clear as crystal what you're saying here, coward.

ican711nm wrote:
They were not caused by the USA. Our invasion of Iraq removed a regime that had mass murdered hundreds of thousands of non-murdering Iraqis.

Do you think that it's the US's global role to remove every regime like this? How did Iraq jump to the front of the line?

ican711nm wrote:
Since our removal of that regime, the murder rate of Iraqis non-murderers has decreased substantially.

And our Iraqi-kill score board is shooting through the roof. It's like we're competing with the "insurgents."

You're not convincing anyone of anything, and you're doing a horrible job at defending our choice to go to war.

Iraq did not attack us.
Iraq didn't have WMDs. In fact, their ballistic capability was a laughing matter when compared to what we were lied to about.

And before you blame bad intel, you're wrong.

Bad intel is saying that Iraq has 100 WMDs and then finding 50. Lies are having no conclusive intel and then posturing as if there was.

I know you hate it, but then again, nobody is claiming you're a fan of the truth.

T
K
O