Fear of a Black President

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 02:35 pm
CI, I suggest that you get that spot checked.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 04:20 pm
...at least you're a consistently unfunny dickhead.

Hey, I believe in trying to say something nice every so often...
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 04:24 pm
RexRed wrote:
http://www.wmtw.com/news/17120571/detail.html?treets=port&tml=port_natlbreak&ts=T&tmi=port_natlbreak_1_09530308072008

Another one of Barack's "mentors" perhaps?

Implied fear turns to disgust.

dig the mobster pinstripes (oh they changed the picture to a light brown suit, earlier this AM he was in black with white pinstripes.)

Pinstripe mayor
http://www.nationalheritageareas.com/pics/Detroit_Mayor.jpg

Pimped out mayor
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2272/2190485366_790b95ce53.jpg

Nothing to fear here... huh?

He's a handsome young man, pinstripes and all! The Mayor of MoTown!
What? Jealous? Cool
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 04:48 pm
DO YOU THINK LIBERAL COVETER PACIFIERS ARE EMULATING GEORGE ORWELL'S "PARTY" Question

George Orwell in NINETEEN EIGHTY-FOUR, published June 1949, wrote:

http://etext.library.adelaide.edu.au/o/orwell/george/o79n/

Part II, Chapter IX
The two aims of the Party are to conquer the whole surface of the earth and to extinguish once and for all the possibility of independent thought. There are therefore two great problems which the Party is concerned to solve. One is how to discover, against his will, what another human being is thinking, and the other is how to kill several hundred million people in a few seconds without giving warning beforehand.

Part III, Chapter II
Reality exists in the human mind, and nowhere else. Not in the individual mind, which can make mistakes, and in any case soon perishes: only in the mind of the Party, which is collective and immortal. Whatever the Party holds to be the truth, is truth. It is impossible to see reality except by looking through the eyes of the Party. That is the fact that you have got to relearn, ... It needs an act of self-destruction, an effort of the will. You must humble yourself before you can become sane.

Part III, Chapter III
The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power. What pure power means you will understand presently. We are different from all the oligarchies of the past, in that we know what we are doing. All the others, even those who resembled ourselves, were cowards and hypocrites. The German Nazis and the Russian Communists came very close to us in their methods, but they never had the courage to recognize their own motives. They pretended, perhaps they even believed, that they had seized power unwillingly and for a limited time, and that just round the corner there lay a paradise where human beings would be free and equal. We are not like that. We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now do you begin to understand me?
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 04:52 pm
ican711nm wrote:
DO YOU THINK LIBERAL COVETER PACIFIERS ARE EMULATING GEORGE ORWELL'S "PARTY" Question

George Orwell in NINETEEN EIGHTY-FOUR, published June 1949, wrote:

http://etext.library.adelaide.edu.au/o/orwell/george/o79n/

Part II, Chapter IX
The two aims of the Party are to conquer the whole surface of the earth and to extinguish once and for all the possibility of independent thought. There are therefore two great problems which the Party is concerned to solve. One is how to discover, against his will, what another human being is thinking, and the other is how to kill several hundred million people in a few seconds without giving warning beforehand.

Part III, Chapter II
Reality exists in the human mind, and nowhere else. Not in the individual mind, which can make mistakes, and in any case soon perishes: only in the mind of the Party, which is collective and immortal. Whatever the Party holds to be the truth, is truth. It is impossible to see reality except by looking through the eyes of the Party. That is the fact that you have got to relearn, ... It needs an act of self-destruction, an effort of the will. You must humble yourself before you can become sane.

Part III, Chapter III
The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power. What pure power means you will understand presently. We are different from all the oligarchies of the past, in that we know what we are doing. All the others, even those who resembled ourselves, were cowards and hypocrites. The German Nazis and the Russian Communists came very close to us in their methods, but they never had the courage to recognize their own motives. They pretended, perhaps they even believed, that they had seized power unwillingly and for a limited time, and that just round the corner there lay a paradise where human beings would be free and equal. We are not like that. We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now do you begin to understand me?

No George Bush, IS!
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 06:18 pm
tb, you think George Bush IS actually trying to emulate George Orwell's "Party" Question Shocked

You think George Bush is actually the one trying to stifle the USA's economy by stifling USA efforts to increase drilling for crude oil from domestic oil rich reserves.Question Shocked
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 07:26 pm
ican711nm wrote:
You think George Bush is actually the one trying to stifle the USA's economy by stifling USA efforts to increase drilling for crude oil from domestic oil rich reserves.Question Shocked

Nope, he's just doing what he's always done, trying to cover the enormous errors in judgment with glib, poorly thought out appeals to the large group of ignorant people who elected him. And guess what, it works sometimes. We see it in your every post.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 07:30 pm
JTT wrote:
ican711nm wrote:

Nope, he's just doing what he's always done, trying to cover the enormous errors in judgment with glib, poorly thought out appeals to the large group of ignorant people who elected him. And guess what, it works sometimes. We see it in your every post.

JTT, That's one of the wittiest response to the conservative view of our economy and Bush.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 07:33 pm
JTT wrote:
ican711nm wrote:

That's a really true statement if I ever saw one! Cool
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 07:34 pm
Gentlemen, gentlemen, you've completely ignored the parts where Sowell thought it a good idea to have Colin Powell, a war criminal, as a US presidential candidate.

You've ignored the part where Colin Powell sought to cover up the massacre of hundreds of men, women and children. More war criminal stuff.

You've ignored, [though here you can be partially forgiven for it wasn't in that particular article and folks of such limited intellect can't be expected to think of everything] the fact that Colin Powell lied to the UN about Iraq.

While that's a pretty good resume for a republican/conservative president, it doesn call Sowell's "judgment", and I use that word more advisedly than the quotation marks could possibly suggest, into question.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 07:37 pm
JTT wrote:
Gentlemen, gentlemen, you've completely ignored the parts where Sowell thought it a good idea to have Colin Powell, a war criminal, as a US presidential candidate.

You've ignored the part where Colin Powell sought to cover up the massacre of hundreds of men, women and children. More war criminal stuff.

You've ignored, [though here you can be partially forgiven for it wasn't in that particular article and folks of such limited intellect can't be expected to think of everything] the fact that Colin Powell lied to the UN about Iraq.

While that's a pretty good resume for a republican/conservative president, it doesn call Sowell's "judgment", and I use that word more advisedly than the quotation marks could possibly suggest, into question.

That speech was "prepared" FOR him! Cool
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 07:46 pm
teenyboone wrote:
JTT wrote:

He knew it was a lie, Teeny, he knew full well. He was just playing the role he has always played, a "I wanna move up the ranks quickly yes man".
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 10:37 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
JTT wrote:
ican711nm wrote:

JTT, That's one of the wittiest response to the conservative view of our economy and Bush.

The wonder of the internet.

A fool can caper madly with his pants around his knees and there is certain to be another fool who cries: "Bravo!"
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 12:20 am
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
The wonder of the internet.

A fool can caper madly with his pants around his knees and there is certain to be another fool who cries: "Bravo!"
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 03:05 am
Why do you encourage this cyberNazi, OB?
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 07:59 am
JTT wrote:
teenyboone wrote:
JTT wrote:

He knew it was a lie, Teeny, he knew full well. He was just playing the role he has always played, a "I wanna move up the ranks quickly yes man".

That, too! Cool
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 08:15 am
snood wrote:

Great response, 'you're a Nazi' Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 08:19 am
real life wrote:
snood wrote:

Great response, 'you're a Nazi' Rolling Eyes

Thanks. I liked it. Novel use of emoticons.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 08:21 am
Mr. Green Drunk
These are my favorite emoticons. I don't get to use them often, though.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 08:23 am
edgarblythe wrote:
Mr. Green Drunk
These are my favorite emoticons. I don't get to use them often, though.

Laughing

If I were you ed, I'd just throw 'em in randomly. Keep people guessing, y'know?
0 Replies