Fear of a Black President

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 11:31 am
We don't have the needed capacity to refine much more than what we currently remove from the ground. We'd still have to export it elsewhere to be refined and then import it back to us as fuel until additional refineries come on line.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 12:33 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

bio-diesel (which most certainly does power combustion engines)
Cyclotpichorn

i don't remember seeing it this year, but i have seen a few billboards for willie nelson's bio-diesel down in tennessee before.

in agreement with cyclo, it's going to take a combination of different technologies to free us from dependence on foreign oil. we can easily produce enough locally for stuff like lubricants and such.

ms. dtom and i were talking about it the other night. could be that the trick is to see the power issue as a compartmental, i.e., new houses should be built with solar as part of the scheme. just automatically put panels on the roof in areas that get enough sunlight. even if it simply lowers that house's overall need for external energy, it's going to help.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 12:35 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

bio-diesel (which most certainly does power combustion engines)
Cyclotpichorn

i don't remember seeing it this year, but i have seen a few billboards for willie nelson's bio-diesel down in tennessee before.

in agreement with cyclo, it's going to take a combination of different technologies to free us from dependence on foreign oil. we can easily produce enough locally for stuff like lubricants and such.

ms. dtom and i were talking about it the other night. could be that the trick is to see the power issue as a compartmental, i.e., new houses should be built with solar as part of the scheme. just automatically put panels on the roof in areas that get enough sunlight. even if it simply lowers that house's overall need for external energy, it's going to help.

Yup!!!

Yaknow, you can convert your house to solar one room at a time, at home; not even that expensive or hard.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 12:37 pm
Butrflynet wrote:
We don't have the needed capacity to refine much more than what we currently remove from the ground. We'd still have to export it elsewhere to be refined and then import it back to us as fuel until additional refineries come on line.

Extremists who paint themselves as defenders of the environment have blocked any attempts for new refinery capacity.

Removing the hodgepodge of state fuel standards would help so that refineries didn't have to produce dozens of grades of gasoline.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 12:39 pm
real life wrote:
Butrflynet wrote:

Extremists who paint themselves as defenders of the environment have blocked any attempts for new refinery capacity.

Removing the hodgepodge of state fuel standards would help so that refineries didn't have to produce dozens of grades of gasoline.

Incorrect; they have merely required new refineries to use up-to-date technology to keep their emissions to a safe level, something which cuts into profitability and therefore is unacceptable to the Robber Barons in the oil industry.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 12:57 pm
face it folks, the oil companies will drag their feet on alternative and renewable sources as long as they are allowed to do so.

they've made claims of working on sources to diversify away from petro based power for thirty years.

sooo....? where is it?

but that's okay, if some americans want to continue relying on the middle east for oil; and continue funding and training our enemies.... well hell, what could be more patriotic than that???
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 01:22 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
ican711nm wrote:
Obama has frequently echoed the Soros Gang's chant that since drilling for oil now will not solve the energy supply problem now, we must emphasize alternate solutions ... that will take more time than drilling to solve the energy supply problem..

But, drilling for oil will NEVER solve the energy supply problem. That's the whole point; as long as we are addicted to oil, we are going to be facing shortages and geopolitical problems. If we can get off the sauce, we can achieve a state where this is not a problem.

Cycloptichorn

Cycloptichorn that's malarky!

First of all, NEVER is a very very ... very long time.! :wink:

Second of all, drilling for more oil will at the very least temporarily help solve the energy problem.

A rational debate would be over how long and how much will be the temporary help?

While working for alternate solutions to become significant sources of energy, drilling for more oil is necessary to reduce the damage being done to the USA's as well as the world's supply of energy due to failure of the USA to expand its drilling in ANWR and in its other oil rich reserves.

The argument that since X is not solving and will not solve the whole problem, abandon X and wait for development of Y to solve the whole problem, is so stupid an argument as to bring intelligent minds momentarily to virtual standstills.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 01:26 pm
ican hit the nail on the head. That's why I started the thread.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 02:07 pm
Bush's own Energy Dept, as well as virtually every oil expert, say that the drilling will not significantly lower gasoline prices. The oil companies will continue to charge us world-market prices, which includes their usual huge markup.

However, if the government took over the oil companies, as most countries are doing, the new oil could be sold in the USA only at cost, giving us a really big saving. Venezuela charges its people only about $.16 a gallon.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 02:44 pm
Advocate wrote:
Great, Bill the moron weighs in. I must be entirely correct. As you may recall, Bill is the guy who said that the USA can take in billions of immigrants without bad effect.

Bill and CI, the GENIUSES chime in! Cool
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 04:26 pm
teenyboone wrote:
Advocate wrote:
Great, Bill the moron weighs in. I must be entirely correct. As you may recall, Bill is the guy who said that the USA can take in billions of immigrants without bad effect.

CI is not a bad guy, and is often right about things. Bill, however, is a noxious fat little jerk who is almost always wrong.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 04:50 pm
Advocate, Thank you. You and I agree more often than don't agree, but have always enjoyed our discussions. Heck, I don't always agree with my siblings, and I'm talking about politics "and" religion.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 05:32 pm
real life wrote:

You are absolutely correct!

DontTreadOnMe wrote:
face it folks, the oil companies will drag their feet on alternative and renewable sources as long as they are allowed to do so.

they've made claims of working on sources to diversify away from petro based power for thirty years.

sooo....? where is it?

but that's okay, if some americans want to continue relying on the middle east for oil; and continue funding and training our enemies.... well hell, what could be more patriotic than that???

Our nation is bleeding and becoming totally self sustaining and independent is the only way to stop the bleeding.

A wide range of alternative power sources and fuel need to go online in a big way right away.
Wind, solar, Bio, increased Hydro and more need to be made affordable to the dumbmasses - you and I.

We must drill for own reserves in the interim to bring quick, yet temporary stability.
This much needed break will be a a brief window of opportunity - don't fu*k it up.
Think of drilling as an ouch-less band-aid.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 06:00 pm
H2O_MAN wrote:

Band-aids don't cure things, genius.

T
K
O
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 06:19 pm
It does cover the wound though! LOL
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 07:18 pm
Advocate wrote:
teenyboone wrote:
Advocate wrote:

CI is not a bad guy, and is often right about things. Bill, however, is a noxious fat little jerk who is almost always wrong.

No, he isn't! Neither is Bill! Cool
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 08:11 pm
teenyboone wrote:
Advocate wrote:
teenyboone wrote:
Advocate wrote:

No, he isn't! Neither is Bill! Cool
Having utterly and completely failed in his every attempt to prove me wrong, about anything, the Idiocy Advocate is left with little choice but to just boldly say so. Other fools may agree, for the mediocre mind isn't so good with reason.

And it isn't like it's all that hard to prove me wrong. McG and Okie both accomplished as much just yesterday. Advocate just has a bad habit of taking indefensibly stupid positions.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 08:58 pm
Diest TKO wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:

Lose the chip on your shoulder pipsqueak.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 02:56 am
H2O_MAN wrote:
Diest TKO wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:

Maybe I should put a band-aid on my shoulder.

That would fix things.
K
O
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 05:50 am
Diest TKO wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:
Diest TKO wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:

Maybe I should put a band-aid on my shoulder.

Maybe you should learn to read pipsqueak.
0 Replies