Fear of a Black President

Advocate

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 10:49 pm
The vast bulk of the water used in the world is for agriculture, sanitation, mining, etc., and not for water. Duh!

There are an increasing number of water wars, dopey, despite desalinization.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 11:22 pm
Advocate wrote:
The vast bulk of the water used in the world is for agriculture, sanitation, mining, etc., and not for water. Duh!

Would you be so kind as to list them then?
If there is a shooting war going on over water anywhere on the planet, I havent heard of it.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 11:24 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
That pictures shows how desperate the conservatives are; they're losing ground so fast, all they have left are attacks on Obama that will only backfire on them.

No better way to get blacks angry at the republican party, and most Hispanics are already changing their votes to Obama. This is almost too funny to observe; talk about the republicans shooting themselves in the foot - they missed and hit their head.

How do you know that conservatives or even repubs created that picture?
It wasnt sourced, and for all you know it might have been created specially for A2K and to make the liberals or dems on here angry.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 11:47 pm
Advocate wrote:

Nothing you've written here alters any point I've made one iota. You've yet to make one. (Unless looking foolish was your point)
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 01:38 am
Advocate wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Advocate wrote:
Gore and Kerry are superb leaders who would have been great presidents. It is crazy to argue otherwise.

Except Gore couldnt even win in his home state, where the voters know him best.
That should tell you something.

It tells me that the Reps had taken control of politics in TN.

they had. and they got even stronger. i was there for a couple of months in 2006 and watched corker's team do some real slimy **** to harold ford. "aahhh, alla his family's a buncha criminals". yeah? what'd they do? " ah, i don't know. but i heard it was bad.".

i was just there again (this is all in east tn., btw), for 3 months wrappin' up my dad's house. still pretty republican, but i saw a fair number of obama signs and a bumper sticker that read; "republicans, you are fired".

and even better; " i never thought i'd miss nixon".

it'll be interesting to see if mccain takes arizona. i can't get past the thought that he's been "allowed" to be the nominee because the rnc believes that they haven't got a prayer in 2008.

or,... could be that mccain will suddenly drop out, do to health reasons, with another set to step in at the convention.

there's something about this whole election cycle that leaves me unsettled. like waiting for the other shoe to drop, somewhere.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 01:56 am
mysteryman wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
That pictures shows how desperate the conservatives are; they're losing ground so fast, all they have left are attacks on Obama that will only backfire on them.

No better way to get blacks angry at the republican party, and most Hispanics are already changing their votes to Obama. This is almost too funny to observe; talk about the republicans shooting themselves in the foot - they missed and hit their head.

How do you know that conservatives or even repubs created that picture?
It wasnt sourced, and for all you know it might have been created specially for A2K and to make the liberals or dems on here angry.

Fine. We don't know who made it...

We sure as hell know who used it.

T
K
O
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 06:57 am
mysteryman wrote:
Advocate wrote:

If there is a shooting war going on over water anywhere on the planet, I havent heard of it.

You are soooooooo literal. There are probably thousands of lawsuits in the USA over water issues. In my area, there is one in which an area in NC is trying to tap into a river that furnishes SC critical water supplies. Who knows, it may later involve guns.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 07:38 am
Advocate wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Advocate wrote:

You are soooooooo literal. There are probably thousands of lawsuits in the USA over water issues. In my area, there is one in which an area in NC is trying to tap into a river that furnishes SC critical water supplies. Who knows, it may later involve guns.
People have been fighting over water use since there's been people... but there is no point to this point. It affects nothing we've been discussing. One Billion people will suffer this year without adequate water for personal needs and Five Million of them will perish. <- that's the reprehensible point.

BTW, even if we were to supply sufficient water for all of them, for every purpose, at American Standards of consumption (unheard of on most of the planet); it would still cost less than the Iraq war on a weekly basis. I'm not suggesting anything this drastic... but 5 million people dying for something as easily solved as water, is a stain on our collective soul.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 07:57 am
Advocate wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Advocate wrote:

So then you admit you exagerated when you said there are water wars going on now?

Diest said...

Quote:
Fine. We don't know who made it...

We sure as hell know who used it.

T
K
O

Yes, we do.
It was used by ONE PERSON, not the repub party and not the conservative movement.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 09:57 am
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Advocate wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Advocate wrote:
Gore and Kerry are superb leaders who would have been great presidents. It is crazy to argue otherwise.

Except Gore couldnt even win in his home state, where the voters know him best.
That should tell you something.

It tells me that the Reps had taken control of politics in TN.

they had. and they got even stronger. i was there for a couple of months in 2006 and watched corker's team do some real slimy **** to harold ford. "aahhh, alla his family's a buncha criminals". yeah? what'd they do? " ah, i don't know. but i heard it was bad.".

i was just there again (this is all in east tn., btw), for 3 months wrappin' up my dad's house. still pretty republican, but i saw a fair number of obama signs and a bumper sticker that read; "republicans, you are fired".

and even better; " i never thought i'd miss nixon".

it'll be interesting to see if mccain takes arizona. i can't get past the thought that he's been "allowed" to be the nominee because the rnc believes that they haven't got a prayer in 2008.

or,... could be that mccain will suddenly drop out, do to health reasons, with another set to step in at the convention.

there's something about this whole election cycle that leaves me unsettled. like waiting for the other shoe to drop, somewhere.

I think you're right; McCain won't be able to handle the stress of this campaign - not only because Obama is getting all the media coverage, but because of all the gaffs he's making to reduce his chances in November. That's a whole lot of stress - at his age.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 10:06 am
Obama is more incompetent than McCain. So vote for Obama 'cause he's more revealing about his incompetence than McCain Question
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 10:15 am
ican711nm wrote:
Obama is more incompetent than McCain. So vote for Obama 'cause he's more revealing about his incompetence than McCain Question

Can you cite any evidence of O's incompetency? I doubt it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 10:42 am
We all know ican lives in a nether world; he's lost his ability to navigate the contemporary world when he bought Bush's ten reasons for his preemptive attack on Iraq, and the casualty numbers continued to increase at what most would call "alarming."

ican now fails to read the media or listen to the tv reporters during Obama's trek across the Middle East and Europe that some in the US call Obamamania, while his candidate, McCain, continues his gaffs and missteps to destroy himself. It's a comedy of errors and tragedy all rolled into one for McCain, and we can be assured his senility will prolong this show until November.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 10:59 am
That's more of cicerone imposter's malarkey!

By the way, Obama advertises his incompetence every time he gives a speech not written for him. Of course, many of his speeches written for him demonstrate the incompetence of some of his speech writers.

Obama said he admits the Surge was successful, but he still would oppose it, because he doesn't know whether or not what he proposed be done would have been equally or more successful. Shocked

What he alleges he proposed be done, is that the USA demand that the Iraq government take more responsibility for securing Iraq. Shocked

But the USA has been insisting the Iraq government since its election take more responsibility for securing Iraq, and the Iraq government has been doing that.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 11:10 am
Obama has frequently echoed the Soros Gang's chant that since drilling for oil now will not solve the energy supply problem now, we must emphasize alternate solutions ... that will take more time than drilling to solve the energy supply problem..
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 11:12 am
ican711nm wrote:
Obama has frequently echoed the Soros Gang's chant that since drilling for oil now will not solve the energy supply problem now, we must emphasize alternate solutions ... that will take more time than drilling to solve the energy supply problem..

But, drilling for oil will NEVER solve the energy supply problem. That's the whole point; as long as we are addicted to oil, we are going to be facing shortages and geopolitical problems. If we can get off the sauce, we can achieve a state where this is not a problem.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 11:14 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
ican711nm wrote:

But, drilling for oil will NEVER solve the energy supply problem. That's the whole point; as long as we are addicted to oil, we are going to be facing shortages and geopolitical problems. If we can get off the sauce, we can achieve a state where this is not a problem.

Cycloptichorn

Agreed, but HOW do we get "off the sauce"?

Do we just go cold turkey and stop any more oil from coming into the country immediately?
Do we wean ourself off of it slowly while looking for alternative energy sources?

Is there a 12 step program to end our dependence on oil?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 11:17 am
mysteryman wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
ican711nm wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Do we just go cold turkey and stop any more oil from coming into the country immediately?
Do we wean ourself off of it slowly while looking for alternative energy sources?

We wean ourselves off of it slowly while looking for alternative sources.

This is accomplished by a common sense approach: not shutting down our sources or going 'cold turkey,' but spending our money and investment on domestic, non-exportable, renewable sources of energy, such as wind, solar, hydro, nuclear, and geothermal. Not only will this guarantee jobs here in America - which cannot be outsourced - these facilities have the potential to produce FAR more total energy in the long run, which of course is the goal.

You said it perfectly, MM!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 11:23 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
ican711nm wrote:

Cycloptichorn

We wean ourselves off of it slowly while looking for alternative sources.

This is accomplished by a common sense approach: not shutting down our sources or going 'cold turkey,' but spending our money and investment on domestic, non-exportable, renewable sources of energy, such as wind, solar, hydro, nuclear, and geothermal. Not only will this guarantee jobs here in America - which cannot be outsourced - these facilities have the potential to produce FAR more total energy in the long run, which of course is the goal.

You said it perfectly, MM!

Cycloptichorn

So then we still need to have oil to use, dont we.
And since most of the alternative energy sources are no economically viable yet, or are still in the experimental stages, we still need to find and use oil.

Would I like to see the US totally energy independent?
Of course I would.

But until that day comes, we must have oil.
Whats wrong with finding our own and reducing our imported oil amounts?
That would also produce good paying jobs in the US.

BTW, none of the sources you listed " wind, solar, hydro, nuclear, and geothermal", can be used to power an internal combustion engine, so how do you propose that goods and produce get transported around the country.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 11:30 am
Quote:

So then we still need to have oil to use, dont we.
And since most of the alternative energy sources are no economically viable yet, or are still in the experimental stages, we still need to find and use oil.

Yes, we will always need petroleum oil, until some miracle bio-plant is created in the future.

No, most alternative energy sources ARE economically viable. Nuclear, as George has pointed out, is one of the most viable sources. Solar and wind are as well, Hydro is fantastic. This stuff isn't in the 'expirimental' stages at all. We do not need to find additional sources of oil for the reason you stated.

There's a hidden tax on oil, did you know that? It's called the Department of Defense. The money we spend protecting our foreign oil sources is the same thing as adding money on to the bill every time you hit the pump. With local and renewable energy generation, that's not near as much of an issue and considerable savings can be achieved.

Quote:

BTW, none of the sources you listed " wind, solar, hydro, nuclear, and geothermal", can be used to power an internal combustion engine, so how do you propose that goods and produce get transported around the country.

A combination of bio-diesel (which most certainly does power combustion engines) and electric cars and trucks. Won't be too long before that is all that is available.

Like I said, we will have to work for this over time. It won't all happen at once, but it's silly to expect it to.

Cyclotpichorn
0 Replies