Fear of a Black President

Advocate

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 12:47 pm
Gore and Kerry are superb leaders who would have been great presidents. It is crazy to argue otherwise.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 12:52 pm
Advocate wrote:
Gore and Kerry are superb leaders who would have been great presidents. It is crazy to argue otherwise.

Except Gore couldnt even win in his home state, where the voters know him best.
That should tell you something.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 12:53 pm
Advocate wrote:

Shocked

Wow... that's one crazy post.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 01:02 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Advocate wrote:

It tells me that the Reps had taken control of politics in TN.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 04:54 pm
kuvasz wrote:
hey snood.

white folk are afraid that if a black man is the president then other blacks will gain an attitude towards them.

its that simple. white american people are culturally engrained to be "bosses" towards people of color and it would be disconcerting to deal with those who they feel are their inferior acting as equals.

what is funny is that as a half-white, with a harvard education many blacks are prejudiced against the guy as being "black-bougie," AKA acting white.

obama channeling bill cosby last week for decrying those young ghetto bucks for not supporting their offspring is prima fascia evidence of how wrong most whites (and blacks) are about the man.

btw; last week obama said that he would support NAFTA and the House FISA legislation, and what liberal would support those things?

just wait until you see a you tube video cutting and pasting the scene from "the birth of a nation" where you see black legislators during reconstruction acting all wild in the capitals of the southern states and showing the scene as a post-bama nation. that scene is what the Right will attempt to engrain in the minds of white people.

Since I am Black, I disagree, with all of the above! I don't see Obama as a Black bougie, as you call it; just an educated Black man, since I AM middle-class and have always been Black Middle-class, by the neighborhood, schools, manners, general outlook, private schools, Religion. Where I come from Blacks are Rich, Middle and poor, just like the whites, you tend to emulate.

Birth of a Nation, is a work of fiction. Don't know what planet you're on, but you need to read Black History and stop knocking my people. If you have an opinion, so be it, but don't think you speak for me or any other Black person! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 04:55 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Advocate wrote:

Yeah, the vote was "fixed"! :wink:
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 04:56 pm
Obama looked mighty good in his "German" speech today.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 05:03 pm
http://www.hyscience.com/Osama%20Obama.jpg
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 05:11 pm
H2O_MAN wrote:
http://www.hyscience.com/Osama%20Obama.jpg

He looks even BETTER, here! Cool
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 05:17 pm
That pictures shows how desperate the conservatives are; they're losing ground so fast, all they have left are attacks on Obama that will only backfire on them.

No better way to get blacks angry at the republican party, and most Hispanics are already changing their votes to Obama. This is almost too funny to observe; talk about the republicans shooting themselves in the foot - they missed and hit their head.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 05:28 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
That pictures shows how desperate the conservatives are; they're losing ground so fast, all they have left are attacks on Obama that will only backfire on them.

No better way to get blacks angry at the republican party, and most Hispanics are already changing their votes to Obama. This is almost too funny to observe; talk about the republicans shooting themselves in the foot - they missed and hit their head.

You took the words right out of my mouth! :wink:
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 06:07 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Advocate wrote:

Shocked

Wow... that's one crazy post.
Shocked Nods.

teenyboone wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

You took the words right out of my mouth! :wink:
Yep. Very well said, CI.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 06:34 pm
Great, Bill the moron weighs in. I must be entirely correct. As you may recall, Bill is the guy who said that the USA can take in billions of immigrants without bad effect.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 07:01 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:

No better way to get blacks angry at the republican party, and most Hispanics are already changing their votes to Obama.

You have much to learn weed hopper - you must have total concentration.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 07:04 pm
Advocate wrote:
Great, Bill the moron weighs in. I must be entirely correct. As you may recall, Bill is the guy who said that the USA can take in billions of immigrants without bad effect.
Laughing Quote me you dilluted little ignoramous. Laughing
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 07:12 pm
H2O_MAN wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

No better way to get blacks angry at the republican party, and most Hispanics are already changing their votes to Obama.

You have much to learn weed hopper - you must have total concentration.

Don't bother translating what you're trying to say; probably grade school level stuff.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 08:56 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Advocate wrote:
Laughing Quote me you dilluted little ignoramous. Laughing

Hey, you little ahole, a lot of people saw your stupid statements. I'm not going to waste my time looking back. BTW, you also said that clean water is not a problem because we could desalinate for the billions more coming in.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 09:07 pm
A lot of people saw some elaborate, though highly flammable, straw men based on my statements... and saw them get torched shortly after you fools erected them. No shock you have no firmer grip on reality now than you did then. Prove otherwise or keep looking like the moron you are, talking out of your ass as usual.

BTW: Not only could we desalinate water for billions; we should.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 09:31 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
A lot of people saw some elaborate, though highly flammable, straw men based on my statements... and saw them get torched shortly after you fools erected them. No shock you have no firmer grip on reality now than you did then. Prove otherwise or keep looking like the moron you are, talking out of your ass as usual.

With that last statement, I rest my case. BTW, drinking water is only a very small percentage of the clean water needed.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 10:32 pm
Advocate wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:

With that last statement, I rest my case. BTW, drinking water is only a very small percentage of the clean water needed.
You rest what case, you damn fool?

Quick strokes for those who choose not to know:

More than 1 billion people suffer annually for lack of clean water. A human requires a bare minimum of 3 liters of water per day. The World Health Organization would like to see 50 liters per person... and this isn't that big of a deal... if the civilized world collectively gave a rat's ass.

As of 2006; Israel's Ashkelon Desalination Plant (reverse osmosis system with a capacity of 320,000m3 per day… which is 320,000,000 liters of water) is rocking and rolling.

Between the basic human need; and what the W.H.O. would like to see for basic consumption, cooking and bathing: it would require between 10 and 170 such plants to supply, via desalination, clean water sufficient for One Billion People.

The overall cost of the Israeli project is 52 cents per 1000 liters… or $166,400 per day… a bit over a million a week or roughly 60 million dollars per year. So, for 600 million dollars a year, 1 Billion people can have clean water to drink or for 10 Billion a year; 1 Billion can be in good shape according to the W.H.O.'s findings. This really isn't a lot of money, folks. To put that in perspective; We're spending 2 billion dollars a week in Iraq alone… which is ten times as much as it would cost to provide clean water via desalination to those billion people. Think about that.

These calculations are rough of course, because I spent all of 10 minutes putting them together. Feel free to repeat the experiment yourself. The sources I used, via a quick google search are:
http://www.water-technology.net/projects/israel/
http://www.geotimes.org/may05/feature_worldwater.html
0 Replies