Fear of a Black President

McGentrix

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 02:20 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Advocate wrote:
If one were to say that a particular woman were hot, MM would want to know her temperature.

...and the size of her boobs.

I heard a noise a bit ago and I wondered what it was. Turns out it was just the sound of Advocates post going over C.I.'s head. :wink:
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 02:26 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
If it was a bear cave, then yes, he probably knows something about bears.

See? Even Foxfyre agrees that ceej grew up in a cave.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 02:38 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
If it was a bear cave, then yes, he probably knows something about bears.

See? Even Foxfyre agrees that ceej grew up in a cave.

Laughing

Well not quite, but I'll admit the caveman analogy does fit...mostly in a good way....just every now and then. Smile
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 04:11 pm
In retrospect, this thread should have been titled:

FEAR OF AN INCOMPETENT BLACK OR WHITE PRESIDENT.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 04:18 pm
ican711nm wrote:

Agreed.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 04:59 pm
Were you afraid of what Bush, jr. would do, before he was in - or were you confident that he, unlike Obama, was acceptably competent?
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 05:09 pm
ditto the question.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 05:50 pm
tritto the question.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 05:56 pm
snood wrote:
Were you afraid of what Bush, jr. would do, before he was in - or were you confident that he, unlike Obama, was acceptably competent?

Yes, I was afraid of what Bush would do!
I voted for Bush as an incompetent who was less incompetent than Gore or Kerry. At least I was right about that.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 06:03 pm
that's a matter of opinion...actually just a misstaement...
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 06:29 pm
H2O_MAN wrote:
ican711nm wrote:

Agreed.

There is much incompetence in McCain's history. I have not found it in Obama's. Have you?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 07:11 pm
Advocate wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:
ican711nm wrote:

Agreed.

There is much incompetence in McCain's history. I have not found it in Obama's. Have you?

I have not seen any in McCain's history and Obama's history is just sketchy.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 07:56 pm
ican711nm wrote:
I voted for Bush as an incompetent ...

Was there any other way?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 08:12 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
actually just a misstaement...

I think you can go to the clinic for that.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 10:24 am
Tragically incompetent McCain is totally CLUELESS on foreign policy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time's Joe Klein calls out the incompetent GOP nominee for President:

Quote:
At a press conference here, I just asked John McCain about why he keeps talking about Obama's alleged willingness to talk to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who has no power over Iranian foreign policy, rather than Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei, who does. He said that Ahmadinejad is the guy who represents Iran in international forums like the United Nations, which is a fair point. When I followed with the observation that the Supreme Leader is, uh, the Supreme Leader, McCain responded that the "average American" thinks Ahmadinejad is the boss. Didn't get a chance to follow up to that, but I would have asked, "But isn't it your job to correct those sorts of mistaken impressions on the part of the American public?" Oh well.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 10:42 am
McCain is not only incompetent but confused on many issues; and so many Americans want him as our president; it continues to boggle the mind (if they have one).
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 11:02 am
Advocate wrote:
Tragically incompetent McCain is totally CLUELESS on foreign policy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time's Joe Klein calls out the incompetent GOP nominee for President:

Quote:
At a press conference here, I just asked John McCain about why he keeps talking about Obama's alleged willingness to talk to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who has no power over Iranian foreign policy, rather than Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei, who does. He said that Ahmadinejad is the guy who represents Iran in international forums like the United Nations, which is a fair point. When I followed with the observation that the Supreme Leader is, uh, the Supreme Leader, McCain responded that the "average American" thinks Ahmadinejad is the boss. Didn't get a chance to follow up to that, but I would have asked, "But isn't it your job to correct those sorts of mistaken impressions on the part of the American public?" Oh well.

That's just simply retarded. How many world leaders have actually had meetings with Khamenei? It was a stupid question to ask and an even stupider followup.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 11:44 am
Jealousy is an ugly thing.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 12:28 pm
ican711nm wrote:
snood wrote:

Yes, I was afraid of what Bush would do!
I voted for Bush as an incompetent who was less incompetent than Gore or Kerry. At least I was right about that.

the last few elections have given us the choice between mediocre and bad.

Bush was definitely the preferable choice. I shudder to picture Al Gore in charge on 9/11

the Clinton/Gore response to at least 4 major terror attacks in the 90s was pathetic and invited escalating attacks culminating in 9/11

this election again is between mediocre and bad, and I'll pull the lever for mediocre. I'll NEVER just sit home and not vote. no way.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 12:30 pm
Quote:

Bush was definitely the preferable choice. I shudder to picture Al Gore in charge on 9/11

Why? The people would have been dead just the same, and it isn't as if AQ has been stopped or OBL has been caught. Please, tell me specifically how things would have been worse under Gore then they are now.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies