Fear of a Black President

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2008 04:32 pm
hbg, It's because people like okie are all hat and no cattle; a whole lotta prognostications about "small government, less government intervention, and less taxes, but most all the citizens of this country gets the wrong end of the stick. Them conservatives have now succeeded in mortgaging our children's and grand-children's future.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2008 04:54 pm
Them liberals have a plan to bankrupt this country long before our children and grand-children grow up.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2008 05:08 pm
HO2_MAN wrote :

Quote:
Them liberals have a plan to bankrupt this country long before our children and grand-children grow up.

so who'll be the "great saviour" ?
even on the northern side of the border we'd like to know .
we feel like the mouse lying next a snoring elephant - worrying the big fellow may want to roll over without regard to the mouse .
hbg
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2008 05:28 pm
H2O_MAN wrote:

Let's see; Bush "is" our president, and his record shows the biggest drop in the stock market in over 20 years, millions of families losing their jobs and homes, the largest federal deficit on record, everybody paying much more for fuel and food, and increasing numbers of "bankruptcies."

H2O must live in another country - or mental state.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2008 06:06 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Them conservatives have now succeeded in mortgaging our children's and grand-children's future.

I question your mental capacity & health. I hope you are not a gun owner.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2008 06:09 pm
hamburger wrote:
HO2_MAN wrote :

Quote:

so who'll be the "great saviour" ?
even on the northern side of the border we'd like to know .
we feel like the mouse lying next a snoring elephant - worrying the big fellow may want to roll over without regard to the mouse .
hbg

Our neighbors to the north have nothing to worry about, most Americans can no longer handle the cold snow & ice.

I don't know if a great saviour exists, but I do know Obama would be a huge set back.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2008 06:12 pm
H2O_MAN wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
Them conservatives have now succeeded in mortgaging our children's and grand-children's future.

You're afraid of me owning a gun when the world around you is collapsing? You are a/the joke!
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2008 06:26 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

You're afraid of me owning a gun when the world around you is collapsing?

You seem to be lacking common sense, something gun owners must have.
You better sit out the pending collapse and rely on the kindness of strangers.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2008 06:31 pm
Yeah, my lack of common sense allowed me to retire early from having worked in management positions for most of my working career, traveled around the world many times every year, just completing major renovations on our home, and both our sons graduated from college with honors.

If that's lacking common sense in your part of the world, you must live in denial 24/7.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2008 06:44 pm
hamburger wrote:
ican wrote :

Quote:
Also, I, together with other share holders, can influence the businesses in which we invest by the threat we will sell our shares if we no longer like what they are doing

the really big boys will often anticipate a coming stock sell-off and sell their shares before the less agile (small) investors do .
so the ones trying to sell in a falling market will often take a beating (the small investors) .
thereafter the so-called "undertakers" will often come in to pick up the remainder of a corporation for a song - it seems to happen often enough .

as far as "high taxes" are concerned , you and like-minded citizens are free to found a party that promises low taxes and a balanced budget .
i'm reasonable sure that if you can provide citizens with some personal guarantee that your system will work , enough citizens will put you and your party/compatriots into power .
all you have to do is figure out how you can sell enough eligible voters on your idea and you've got it made .
the question you would likely be asked : how can you guarantee that your idea/system will be of benefit to the individul ?
wishing you much luck (seriously !) .
hbg

One does not have to guarantee that our ideal/system will benefit the individual. One has to show that our ideal/system will probably benefit the individual far more than our current system. That too is admittedly a big job. Only believers in big government issue guarantees for that which they are unable to knowingly and truthfully guarantee.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2008 07:38 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Yeah, my lack of common sense allowed me to retire early from having worked in management positions for most of my working career, traveled around the world many times every year, just completing major renovations on our home, and both our sons graduated from college with honors.

Like I said - you better sit out the pending collapse and rely on the kindness of strangers.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2008 07:41 pm
H2O_MAN wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

Like I said - you better sit out the pending collapse and rely on the kindness of strangers.

Why? Because you're running short of memory and money?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2008 06:58 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

Why? Because you're running short of memory and money?

You are the one fearing a pending collapse. If your prediction comes true and Obama gets elected I will survive just fine, you may not...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2008 09:52 am
H2O, Let me spell it out for you; we are now completing major renovations on our home that costs $100,000. I just returned from Central Asia that costs $10,000. I have three more vacations planned for this year; a 10-day cruise to the Mexican Riveira, a 14-day trip to Bhutan and India, and a 26-day cruise from Papeete to Ft Lauderdale - total cost about $12K. I purchased an Acura TL last year - cash. Get the picture yet?

We live in Silicon Valley, one of the most expensive areas to live in the US.

You really think we're in financial trouble?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2008 10:00 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
H2O, Let me spell it out for you; we are now completing major renovations on our home that costs $100,000. I just returned from Central Asia that costs $10,000. I have three more vacations planned for this year; a 10-day cruise to the Mexican Riveira, a 14-day trip to Bhutan and India, and a 26-day cruise from Papeete to Ft Lauderdale - total cost about $12K. I purchased an Acura TL last year - cash. Get the picture yet?

What are you compensating for?

And why didn't you spring for the RL?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2008 10:10 am
H2O wrote:
What are you compensating for?

Answer: I'm enjoying my life in my retirement.

H2O wrote:
And why didn't you spring for the RL?

Answer: Because the TL had a better quality rating than the RL - even though the RL was priced higher.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2008 10:17 am
Yeah, the TL is a well executed glorified Accord - go get a hobby and
enjoy your retirement because internet banter is not your strong suit.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2008 11:57 am
cicerone imposter wrote:

We live in Silicon Valley, one of the most expensive areas to live in the US.

You really think we're in financial trouble?

Sounds like the guys at Enron, before the bubble burst and they lost everything.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2008 12:35 pm
ci, did you purchase carbon credits to offset all that travelling? LOL!!!!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2008 01:00 pm
mm, Do you know anything about Silicon Valley? We have most of the major high tech and biotech companies here; the future economy of the world. Our state is the richest fifth "country" on this planet; and FYI Enron was based in Texas.
0 Replies