Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 08:47 am
The BArnett shale of The Texas E fields has shown a sizable quantity of recoverable gas (due mostly to advances in slant drilling and environmentally safe fracturing techniques). The present field estimates are in the 2hundred TRILLION cubic feet of gas. This is being dwarfed in reserve fdiled estimates in the Appalachian Devonian fields that extend from New York to Kentucky and TEnnessee. The recent drillings in the Pa MArcellus Shales show estimates of 200 TRILLION cubic feet in Pa alone. The sizes of these fields could be in the Quadrillion cubic feet, or enough gas for about 200 years.

As the energy crisis gets steeper. The production and exploration industry gets cranking.
ANDSS, we havent even tapped the methyl clathrate (renewable methane) deposits of the sea floor because industry doesnt have a 100% safe method of recovery YET.

I hope this cheers some of us up.

cjhsa

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 08:49 am
I just released a large amount of methane. It cheered me up.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 08:52 am
Thanks for sharing that. Thats the first exudate from you that actually makes sense
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 08:52 am
Didn't they option all that off to China? Just fooling. I hope they get into big scale production.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 08:54 am
The BArnett is already producing about .38.B cubic feet/yr I believe.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 09:01 am
I would drive a propane/methane powered car. We always had propane powered forklifs at my dad's plant. They didn't pollute the inside air so badly like a gasoline engine would.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 09:25 am
There would be minimal requisites to transfer from a liquid petroleum to a gaseous economy. Also doesel can be made from all the Oil Shales. We could still be energy independent if we just put our industry to work
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 11:30 am
fm-

Why does one of these fields not blow up when sparked.

If you attended our Boxing Day fart-lighting competition, which the favourite has won for the last 8 years, you would easily be able to imagine that putting a spark to the one cjhsa dropped a bit back would have charred the curtains at the very least.

But, if you don't mind a descent into frivolity, what you describe should put you on track to match Chinese economic growth for the forseeable future.

How fast can you all run?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 11:35 am
bush and cheney will have to figure out how to maximize they and their cronies profits while f*cking the general public before this can move forward. that could take awhile to set up and implement.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 11:39 am
Only 7 more months of this ****.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 11:41 am
but the same people will still be in charge behind the scenes unfortunately.

Seriously fm... how long before we could see some sort of major transformation?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 11:45 am
click your heels three times and say after me
"Theres no place like home..."
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 11:47 am
The gas is underground, spendius. No air, no fire. Now, there have been underground oil fires. One of the tertiary oil recovery methods involves air injection, which makes fire possible.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 11:49 am
farmerman wrote:
click your heels three times and say after me
"Theres no place like home..."

as I suspected...
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 11:52 am
fm wrote-

Quote:
Only 7 more months of this ****.

Hope springs eternal in the mind of Darwinianists who imagine we are on an escalator to perfection.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 02:03 pm
Quote:
Hope springs eternal in the mind of Darwinianists (sic)who imagine we are on an escalator to perfection.

Not really, just Americans who are sick and tired of deceit, lies, incompetence, and chicken-hawkery. Im certain that the Bush administration will be tied with Buchanan"s.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 05:34 pm
Dream on fm.

The party's over.

Nothing can survive a written constitution combined with a legal profession. Nothing!. Can you not understand history?

Separating church and state was a simple enough idea but setting it in stone as a dogma was a disaster.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 05:45 pm
Thanks for the info, Fm.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 06:07 pm
shpendiush[quote]Nothing can survive a written constitution combined with a legal profession. Nothing!. Can you not understand history?

Separating church and state was a simple enough idea but setting it in stone as a dogma was a disaster. [/quote]

Can anyone please decipher this response to my post about how Pres George
" Fredo" Bush will be remembered.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 06:17 pm
Maybe like Ceasar is remembered and they set upon him too.

Do you think you know fm?
0 Replies