spendius

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 11:06 am
@farmerman,
How could they impress if they were "outrageous pseudo- science and weirdness and supernatural ****.".

I want to know what they were and not just some vague assertions about them. Am I just supposed to accept that they were "outrageous pseudo- science and weirdness and supernatural ****" on your say so.
farmerman

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 12:46 pm
@spendius,
then you listen to the show and report back you lazy sotted sumbitch
spendius

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 01:34 pm
@farmerman,
OK--I understand. Reading you loud and clear.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2012 10:38 am
@farmerman,
Ontario won’t allow fracking without proof it’s safe: McGuinty

Quote:
The New Democrats shared McGuinty’s concerns about negative environmental impacts from fracking, especially on drinking water.

“We’ve been watching what’s been happening across the country and across North America on the fracking issue, and one of the things we’re obviously concerned about is making sure that water tables are safe, making sure that the process doesn’t threaten other important environmental considerations,” said NDP Leader Andrea Horwath.

<snip>

Quote:
The Council of Canadians opposes fracking, and wants Ontario to follow Quebec’s lead and impose a moratorium on the practice. It warns fracking in Ontario could have serious long-term and cumulative impacts on the Great Lakes.

Quebec has a moratorium on fracking and all oil and gas exploration activities under the Saint Lawrence River, but other provinces, including BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan, allow fracking.

At least 175,000 wells have been fracked in Canada, the majority of them in Alberta.

Nova Scotia had some fracking operations in 2007-08, but the NDP government has said it won’t approve any more hydraulic fracturing until a review of the process is completed in 2014.

A report done for the New Brunswick government, released in October, said the province should proceed with shale gas exploration but with a phased-in approach that would limit it to one to three sites to allow for research and development.

The BC Oil and Gas Commission said in September that a spate of small earthquakes in the province’s northeastern corner were caused by fracking in the Horn River Basin, a gas-rich shale formation that’s attracted some of the industry’s biggest players. The 38 quakes ranged between magnitudes of 2.2 and 3.8 on the Richter scale.

farmerman

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2012 01:33 pm
@ehBeth,
There seems to be a simiLAR ROUTE BEING FOLLOWED IN THE dEM STATES of US. NY has shut off fracturing nd so has Mass (I doubt even that Mss hs much recoverble gas in all but the Triassic basin)
jomoonbeam

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2012 01:46 pm
@farmerman,
I feel better already!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 05:00 am
@farmerman,
The large part of funded research into environmental concerns of fracking have pretty much dismissed the claims that fracking has resulted in gas esacping into water supplies. However, the occasional umping of frack fluids into streams is an ongoing issue.

A new series of data bases open to public download have been set up by the industry.
farmerman

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 05:06 am
@farmerman,
The really interesting thing is that huge areas of the gas fields of PA are puposely being shut down. Wells are being capped and drillers are leaving . This is because the price of natural gas has plummeted .thus proving that its all market and not government that drives these events.

If Pa could get a new governor with a more balanced look at the resorce, wed all be better off.
This governor is just jockying for a post gubernatorial cushy consultants jobs with the gas industry.

US will be the world leader in all hydrocarbon production in 20 years, thus pushing back any real hope for renewable energy policy.
spendius

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 05:14 am
@farmerman,
Don't you know Parkinson's Law fm?
farmerman

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 07:45 am
@spendius,
I assume that a bleedin obvious spendi point will shortly follow?
0 Replies