Please Answer This Question Obama Supporters

djjd62

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 01:27 pm
he's damned if he does he's damned if he doesn't

the seeds and rubes will run with the story either way
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 01:27 pm
Blinders....I refuse to believe they don't know he knew...This has turned into a weirder game.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 01:28 pm
squinney wrote:
I'm not afraid of a muslim woman sitting behind me either cause the Republicans can flash that in ads all they want to show I really am the candidate to unite us.

http://i29.tinypic.com/2ic02s9.jpg
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 01:28 pm
squinney wrote:
The problem is that it is too much like THIS.

Eeek. I don't think it's enough like that to warrant the kind of scorn that goes with such a thing. Yes, it does bring out his typical politician side, but manipulating the backdrop of an appearance doesn't quite compare to playing GI Joe with our armed forces.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 01:30 pm
Thanks, old europe.

I thought it was extremely likely that there was a picture of Obama with a woman in a hijab out there somewhere, but wasn't sure how to search.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 01:31 pm
Lash wrote:
Blinders....I refuse to believe they don't know he knew...This has turned into a weirder game.

The only real game here is 'how can we smear Obama?' And you are one of the players.

djjd62 is correct. He will be taking heat for rational and irrational reasons from you bunch from now until infinity. If the rest of us are supposed to act all worried every time a Concern troll like Bear, and a bunch of Republicans criticize what he does, we'd never have a moment to breathe.

You ought to get used to him doing things you don't like and disagree with, and get used to most people not caring. For that is the result of your party f*cking things up to the point that they have; a shift of the populace away from Conservatism and towards Liberalism. You can thank Bush and Cheney for that, and don't forget to look in the mirror and thank yourself as well; as a supporter, you bear some of the responsibility. I haven't seen you calling Republicans out on anything in a long, long time....

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Brand X

old europe wrote:
squinney wrote:
I'm not afraid of a muslim woman sitting behind me either cause the Republicans can flash that in ads all they want to show I really am the candidate to unite us.

Where was this pic taken? It looks like it was a specific group of women in that pic.
0 Replies

Lash

The only thing that was compared was culpability along a chain of command.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 01:32 pm
Well, I guess Obama supporters should just play the same card as the Bush supporters have for so long.

There are thousands of people working immediatly with the president (and the presidential nominees), and thousands beneath them. Factor in each state, each city in each state, every volunteer in each city in each state....if this is campaign policy, we can expect to see it more often.
If it was an anomoly, which it likely was, then we will see hijabs at the next rally, front and center.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 01:33 pm

The one on the left was truly blessed...
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 01:34 pm
candidone1 wrote:
Well, I guess Obama supporters should just play the same card as the Bush supporters have for so long.

There are thousands of people working immediatly with the president (and the presidential nominees), and thousands beneath them. Factor in each state, each city in each state, every volunteer in each city in each state....if this is campaign policy, we can expect to see it more often.
If it was an anomoly, which it likely was, then we will see hijabs at the next rally, front and center.

I dislike your equivocating of Bush and Obama, and the supporters of each. It's a little extreme, as one has read to significant problems with our economy and foreign policy. The other has had a few public relations issues. Not the same thing at all.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 01:35 pm
I know that song.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 01:35 pm
Lash wrote:

...and perhaps the consequences arising as a result of the decisions made throughout the chain of command.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 01:38 pm
sozobe wrote:
Thanks, old europe.

I thought it was extremely likely that there was a picture of Obama with a woman in a hijab out there somewhere, but wasn't sure how to search.

There was also this in the article that Bear linked.

Quote:
Photographs from a Seattle rally earlier this year also clearly show a couple in Muslim garb behind the candidate.

The administrator of the Muslims4Obama group on Obama's website, which is not a formal part of the campaign, also said she had "not heard anything regarding Muslim supporters being steered away from sitting behind Sen. Obama at the event" and noted that he had Muslim supporters present at events in Minnesota, including one at which he stood with a Muslim member of Congress, Keith Ellison.

Which is what made me think there was some concern specifically with either this location or this timing.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 01:40 pm
Brand X wrote:
old europe wrote:
squinney wrote:

Where was this pic taken? It looks like it was a specific group of women in that pic.

It was obviously taken during the shooting of an ad for Maidenform. Very Happy

My point earlier was that Obama needs to say "Fock it" and NOT set the stage. When pics like this get run through the republican e-blast he needs to say "So what?"

THAT would make him different.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 01:40 pm
Lash wrote:

Was that to me? I was responding to squinney.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 01:42 pm
Missed that, thanks.

I think it's more likely that these particular volunteers -- acting on their own, and not obeying orders from on high -- thought that it'd be a good idea to quash any grist for the rumor mill. I think everyone here agrees they made a bad decision.

But as you show, they seem to have made this decision in a philosophical vacuum -- that is, it doesn't seem to be general Obama campaign policy.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 01:43 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Lash wrote:

The only real game here is 'how can we smear Obama?' And you are one of the players.
Think of it as a continuum...when you are in denial that this guy could possibly ever have a selfish moment or an ethical **** up, people swing into accusatory mode, rather serious about showing you what you are refusing to look at. You are too old and too smart to consider appropriate criticism as smearing...jeez.

djjd62 is correct. He will be taking heat for rational and irrational reasons from you bunch from now until infinity.
Remind you of anything...?
If the rest of us are supposed to act all worried every time a Concern troll like Bear, and a bunch of Republicans criticize what he does, we'd never have a moment to breathe.
True. So just breathe and don't get so pinched off about it.
You ought to get used to him doing things you don't like and disagree with, and get used to most people not caring.
I think YOU should get used to the criticism, and try to understand that he's going to **** up now and then.
For that is the result of your party f*cking things up to the point that they have; a shift of the populace away from Conservatism and towards Liberalism.
These shifts happen cyclically...
You can thank Bush and Cheney for that, and don't forget to look in the mirror and thank yourself as well; as a supporter, you bear some of the responsibility. I haven't seen you calling Republicans out on anything in a long, long time....
When have you EVER called your buds out...?
Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 01:44 pm
squinney wrote:
My point earlier was that Obama needs to say "Fock it" and NOT set the stage. When pics like this get run through the republican e-blast he needs to say "So what?"

THAT would make him different.

FreeDuck wrote:

Quote:
Photographs from a Seattle rally earlier this year also clearly show a couple in Muslim garb behind the candidate.

The administrator of the Muslims4Obama group on Obama's website, which is not a formal part of the campaign, also said she had "not heard anything regarding Muslim supporters being steered away from sitting behind Sen. Obama at the event" and noted that he had Muslim supporters present at events in Minnesota, including one at which he stood with a Muslim member of Congress, Keith Ellison.

Apparently he's been willing to do just that in the past, and that these volunteers made a decision counter to what he's done (and, as candidone indicates), what he'll probably do in the future.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 01:44 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
Lash wrote:

Was that to me? I was responding to squinney.

It was out there to clarify the general idea that gitmo and hijabmo were being compared--since I had done it, in a way.
0 Replies