Please Answer This Question Obama Supporters

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 09:55 am
okay I guess so.. since you said it. tell me Joe, what am I wearing? Where am I working tonight? Where am I going for lunch? Where in Chicago is BPB jrs' mother living? Where did I put my spare truck key?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 10:03 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
okay I guess so.. since you said it. tell me Joe, what am I wearing? Where am I working tonight? Where am I going for lunch? Where in Chicago is BPB jrs' mother living? Where did I put my spare truck key?

Wow. Bitter and suffering from Alzheimer's. That must be tough on you.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 11:28 am
Oh, it's HARD being BPB on A2K - so misunderstood, maligned and unappreciated!

Nobody knows...
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 01:10 pm
snood wrote:
Oh, it's HARD being BPB on A2K - so misunderstood, maligned and unappreciated!

Nobody knows...

snood, you just can't keep your nose out of my ass no matter what can you? I was going to say no matter how hard you try.... but you don't try.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 01:11 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Wow. Bitter and suffering from Alzheimer's. That must be tough on you.

well Joe I depend on all seeing all knowing people like you to help me struggle through my day.... and I feel a little let down when you can't deliver.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 01:11 pm
Laughing

1. Bear's not bitter. He's just amusing himself.

2. In a nutshell, he views Obama as the same as Bush, (Uniter, Change, Washington outsider claims... sound familiar?) but on the opposite side of the scale. 99.9% of us are going to vote for the Democratic nominee just because the Republicans have focked up so badly. Bear is just preparing you all for the "I told you so" he expects to be able to say sometime next year when Obama becomes president and the unity, change and Washington outsider claims prove to be no different than Bush.

3. Bear really can't find his spare truck key most of the time... nor the original.

Sozobe is correct in that it was Obama claiming to better / loftier / righteous (as sensed if not actually spoken) that has raised Bears brow.

**I don't speak for Bear. I just know him. He is free to correct me... other than on the key thing.**
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 01:13 pm
My Dearest Squinney

My spare truck key is on my Chest of Drawers next to the TV. So there. Cool

A very helpful place if I'm out and lose my keys or lock them in the truck. Embarrassed
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 01:14 pm
Just count me as one more who can't resist your universal charm and appeal, good buddy.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 01:21 pm
another cross to bear.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 01:35 pm
squinney wrote:
In a nutshell, he views Obama as the same as Bush, (Uniter, Change, Washington outsider claims... sound familiar?) but on the opposite side of the scale.

Yeah. That's hard to miss. But it's not like Obama's platform is in any way similar to Bush's.

Bush ran in an election where the current incumbent of the White House was from the opposite party. So is Obama. So was Clinton in 1992.

Want to go back and re-read how Bill Clinton's campaign theme was perceived?

Quote:
[...]

Both the geography of the Democratic Presidential nominee's day and the unpartisan, somewhat Presidential tone of his speeches are indicators of his sense of the shape of the race, where it appears clear that the margin of victory in a three-way contest between Mr. Clinton, Mr. Bush and Ross Perot will be decided by independent and Republican voters.

[...]

In matters oratorical, Mr. Clinton has all but abandoned the sort of partisan language used energize core supporters, turning instead to a feel-good theme intended to reach and reassure the Republican voters and the independent voters who were once supporters of Mr. Perot.

Speaking at the University of Nevada in Las Vegas this morning, he sketched a picture of a nation beset by an oppressive variety of ills but also facing an opportunity for "the greatest 20 years in our history." He urged his listeners to vote for him, not as a Democrat, but as a sort of national redeemer, a figure who would end the divisions of politics and move the country into a vague but glowing future.

"My fellow Americans, I do not seek a victory of political party," he told the cheering crowd. "I seek a victory for the American people. In times of change, Americans have to go beyond party."

Bruce Reed, a staff adviser to Mr. Clinton, said the candidate's typical speech in the remaining campaign days would probably continue along these lines.

Mr. Reed said Mr. Clinton's resolute depiction of himself as a "new" or "different" kind of Democrat helped also "in crass political terms."

[...]

(full article)

Plenty out there. So why, based on Obama's message of 'hope' and 'change', predict gloom and doom? Why, for that matter, not compare Obama's campaign with Clinton's '92 campaign?

I'm not saying you should trust any one candidate blindly, rely on the campaign message and ignore his political platform. No, quite the opposite. I'm questioning the wisdom of complaining endlessly about the packaging when you are, essentially, in agreement with the content.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 01:40 pm
old europe wrote:
I'm questioning the wisdom of complaining endlessly about the packaging when you are, essentially, in agreement with the content.

from this desk it looks like the platform is about the package, not the content

not saying it's the truth - but that is my perception of what I'm watching - a reaction to an effort (I don't know where it originates) to have the packaging valued, instead of the content

(and I'm not in agreement with the content - both significant American candidates are too far to the right for me, too attached to big business and lobbyists)
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 01:42 pm
why can't you just accept that I have a strong and unwavering opinion of Obama that I'm not planning to change?

You can think I'm stupid, you can think my opinions are stupid, you can think anything of me you like... but my feelings and opinions are what they are and they have been consistent.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 02:09 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
why can't you just accept that I have a strong and unwavering opinion of Obama that I'm not planning to change?

No problem with that. I just wanted to know what your opinion is based upon.

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
You can think I'm stupid, you can think my opinions are stupid, you can think anything of me you like... but my feelings and opinions are what they are and they have been consistent.

Gosh, I don't think of you or your opinions as stupid. As I said earlier, I can see the appeal a Hillary candidacy would have had, on an emotional level.

And I'm not in perfect agreement with Obama on all the issues, either. On health care, for example, I would have preferred Edwards over Hillary over Obama.

But Edwards is out - tough luck. And starting a new thread about Obama every other day won't change that. It'd rather come across as a bit whiny. Or bitter, alternatively.

Like Miller, in his Fight Against Universal Health Care, or Zippo in pointing out how The Jews Are The Downfall Of America. Or cjhsa's fight against the blue helmets who otherwise will invade America, knock down his door and confiscate his guns.

Not saying that you're on a similar crusade. You just come across like that occasionally. It's all about perception, as you're so fond of pointing out.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 02:52 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
well Joe I depend on all seeing all knowing people like you to help me struggle through my day.... and I feel a little let down when you can't deliver.

You need to slow down, relax, have a beer:

http://www.musselinn.co.nz/images/labels/bitter-ass-05web.jpg
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 03:37 pm
I don't drink beer..... but f*ck you very much for the offer. :wink:
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 03:42 pm
but in the spirit of friendship and sincerity you've demonstrated... please allow me to offer you a glass of wine.... I think you'll like it... in fact it has your name written all over it....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/fatbastard.jpg
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 03:46 pm
ehBeth wrote:
old europe wrote:
I'm questioning the wisdom of complaining endlessly about the packaging when you are, essentially, in agreement with the content.

from this desk it looks like the platform is about the package, not the content

not saying it's the truth - but that is my perception of what I'm watching - a reaction to an effort (I don't know where it originates) to have the packaging valued, instead of the content

(and I'm not in agreement with the content - both significant American candidates are too far to the right for me, too attached to big business and lobbyists)

yup
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 03:55 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Because the alternative is someone who has stated directly that he is not going to change the Bush policies of the last eight years. You can vote for McCain who is PROMISING NOT TO CHANGE or you can vote for someone who is saying he will change things, even if he doesn't succeed. Or you can fail to vote, which is stupid.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 07:00 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I don't drink beer..... but f*ck you very much for the offer. :wink:

I win!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 08:20 am
okay. Confused.... I'm not sure what it is you think you've won.... but here's a prize

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/whackoff.jpg
0 Replies