Long distance part 2

martybarker

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2008 11:54 am
I think what has me the most disappointed is that I was hoping that I was a better judge of character. I just don't want to make any more mistakes when it comes to choosing men.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2008 12:01 pm
Your eagerness to find a good guy mislead you.

I don't see why you couldn't find a nice man, attractive as you are.

Be sure he is interested in you, in case of doubt just be strong and drop him.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2008 12:09 pm
martybarker wrote:
I think what has me the most disappointed is that I was hoping that I was a better judge of character. I just don't want to make any more mistakes when it comes to choosing men.

i wouldn't be so hard on yourself-- you put yourself out there and it didn't work out. it's a good thing you found out sooner than later.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2008 12:10 pm
martybarker wrote:
Everybody wants a skill like that, Marty. It doesn't exist. Trial and error is the only way to go because the only way to avoid error is to avoid trials... and that's not very fulfilling. You are now one error closer to finding the right match. Since you can't know how many errors you have to make before you find what you're looking for; you may as well look forward to the next trial. Good Luck!
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2008 12:17 pm
Thanks guys. I'm really bummed, I just think that leading someone on and then dropping all contact is mean. And this is someone I would consider a friend otherwise.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2008 12:22 pm
awwww {{{{{{hugs!}}}}}}
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 11:12 am
Francis wrote:
Your eagerness to find a good guy mislead you.

I don't see why you couldn't find a nice man, attractive as you are.

Be sure he is interested in you, in case of doubt just be strong and drop him.

Francis, what a sweet thing to say. And I am at the point where this is taking up too much mental energy.

I've mourned the loss of my marriage---done with that.
I've adjusted to raising 2 teens alone---done that.
I've adjusted to being a single woman and doing things for myself---done that.
I hold down a stressful job---done that.
Started dating again?? Well this is the part of my life that I'm ready for, I really didn't think I would ever be able to open myself up again but meeting this guy in April proved this to myself.

Friday I emailed him a little note saying that evidently something must have happened for him to stop communication. I told him that my trip was for the purpose of finding some things out for myself, one being whether or not he'd want to see me again. I said that I'd like it very much if we could at the very least stay friends.

We had plans for him to come see me in August. He was planning a cross country motorcycle trip. So I again extended the invitation. I said that I'd be happy to put either him or him and his friends up at my house if they came through town.

I ended the note simply by saying to take care and to keep in touch.

I just felt like I had to say this and to let him know that I'm a big enough person to respect his feelings and to be a friend.

He responded later that night that he's been crazy busy and tired and that he would call me the next night. No phone call came through.

Now I'm feeling that he can't be respectful of me enough to even have a friendship. I don't need someone to say that they're going to call if they have no intention of doing so.

This adventure is a thing of the past, as disappointing as that is!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 12:39 pm
You've demonstrated that you are a bigger, kinder person than he and it reflects well on you. Step two is writing him off as the inconsiderate jerk he apparently is. He's not worthy.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 11:19 am
I'm so sorry - sorry that the guy is such a wimp or immature or some combo of the two. But like others said it is better know sooner than later.

One thing I can tell you is him not calling is because of one of those reasons - not anything to do you with you.

He is a loser!
0 Replies