Clinton: Open to being Obama's vice president

soozoo

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 08:16 pm
It's true that Obama might get some of Hillary's supporters to vote for him if she was on the ticket. However, my opinion is that more people would NOT vote for him with her on the ticket (me included). I have been impressed with Obama's intelligence and forward thinking. I hope he proves to this country that he is as wise as he seems.

Also, doesn't a presidential candidate usually decide who he will pick for VP? Has anyone ever "offered" to serve in that capacity before and been taken up on that offer?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 08:18 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
but you guys are changing the game.... above the fray...supposedly.... and here you are... with an historic chance to be gracious in victory... continuing to pile on... sure seems like the same old washington game to me....maybe obama will disassociate himself from you

You're right, BPB. Tonight is indeed a night for gracious celebration for our country. I hope everyone will participate in that and leave the bitterness and ridicule for another day. There will be plenty more days ahead for that.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 08:19 pm
Ha, are you listening to Obama speaking right now? He's congratulating
Hillary, and he's acknowledged that she made history. This man has class
and knows what is the right thing to do.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Butrflynet wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
but you guys are changing the game.... above the fray...supposedly.... and here you are... with an historic chance to be gracious in victory... continuing to pile on... sure seems like the same old washington game to me....maybe obama will disassociate himself from you

You're right, BPB. Tonight is indeed a night for gracious celebration for our country. I hope everyone will participate in that and leave the bitterness and ridicule for another day. There will be plenty more days ahead for that.

my only point.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Obama effusive in praising Hillary as we speak. Her of him...not so much.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 08:20 pm
soozoo wrote:
It's true that Obama might get some of Hillary's supporters to vote for him if she was on the ticket. However, my opinion is that more people would NOT vote for him with her on the ticket (me included). I have been impressed with Obama's intelligence and forward thinking. I hope he proves to this country that he is as wise as he seems.

I definitely agree with your statement, soozoo.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 08:21 pm
Obama did not play the viscious games Hillary played. He's the winner. I'm really happy someone who stood against Bushie's war in Iraq when it was unpopular to do so has won. And happy that was the defining issue.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 08:21 pm
CalamityJane wrote:

Be careful what you say. You might force Obama to disassociate himself from you.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 08:22 pm
CalamityJane wrote:

gracious.... why don't you guys try it?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 08:22 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
then why not let it go at that? her character is being assassinated on this thread like crazy.... from you raising the game above it all folks....
Assassinated? More like a victim of suicide. Her gracelessness in defeat is the reason she's getting ragged. Most Lefties liked Obama and Hillary until Hill played divide and conquer in ugly fashion. She deserves what she gets.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 08:23 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
CalamityJane wrote:

Why couldn't Hillary try it for once? Did you listen to her speech?

It was truly perfect, it honestly summed her up. A tenacious, yet incredibly narcissistic person.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 08:24 pm
Butrflynet wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

At the head of the line should be that b+tch Hillary....congratulate Obama and go away. That is what she needs to do for the good of the nation and for the good of the party. This is his night, let him have it.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 08:27 pm
and if obama gives hill the nod is this how you will speak of her bill? cause that's not good for the party
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 08:28 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
CalamityJane wrote:

Why couldn't Hillary try it for once? Did you listen to her speech?

It was truly perfect, it honestly summed her up. A tenacious, yet incredibly narcissistic person.

Cycloptichorn

so why are acting in kind?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 08:33 pm
Obama doesn't need her gracious acknowledgement of her defeat. He did it without her and will continue to so without her. She may not have graciously acknowledge her loss, but she did graciously acknowledge his accomplishment at the beginning of her speech.

Celebrate this historic moment tonight with the joy of it all and stop focusing on the pettiness of what Hilary Clinton does or doesn't do. It is no longer about her.
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 08:35 pm
Obama taking the higher road is nothing new.
She has been "looking up" this entire race not solely because Obama is the better candidate but because she is trash.

whether she is on the ticket or not, this is all she can be.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 08:38 pm
Butrflynet wrote:
Obama doesn't need her gracious acknowledgement of her defeat. He did it without her and will continue to so without her. She may not have graciously acknowledge her loss, but she did graciously acknowledge his accomplishment at the beginning of her speech.

Celebrate this historic moment tonight with the joy of it all and stop focusing on the pettiness of what Hilary Clinton does or doesn't do. It is no longer about her.

Right...let's all ignore that Hillary could not do the right thing, could not concede the race once it was clear to every single person that she had lost it. No, instead lets call her behaviour what it is, an affirmation that the right person won, and the right person lost. Let's celebrate that.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 08:41 pm
Yes, Butrflynet, you are right! This is not about Hillary anymore - this
is Obama making history and we're here to celebrate with him and always
will remember this election. Very remarkable!!
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 08:42 pm
hawkeye10 wrote:

Right...let's all ignore that Hillary could not do the right thing, could not concede the race once it was clear to every single person that she had lost it. No, instead lets call her behaviour what it is, an affirmation that the right person won, and the right person lost. Let's celebrate that.

That was never clearer than it is now.
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 08:46 pm
What disturbs me is that Clinton, though evil is not dumb, she knows full well that her concession, (done properly) would have immediately initiated the task of joining the factions but no.......and what's worse during that speech she even reiterated her claim that she is trying to do "the best thing" for the party.

She continues to fracture the party, while claiming to want a democrat in office.
0 Replies