Clinton: Open to being Obama's vice president

Zippo

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 04:01 pm
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24953561/

"I am willing to accept the Vice Presidency because, well, hey, look what happened to Lyndon Johnson!" -- Hitlery
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,297 • Replies: 107
No top replies

Mame

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 04:40 pm
WASHINGTON - Hillary Clinton told colleagues Tuesday she would be consider joining Barack Obama as his running mate.

On a conference call with other New York lawmakers, Clinton, a New York senator, said she was willing to become Obama's vice presidential nominee if it would help Democrats win the White House, according to a participant who spoke on condition of anonymity because this person was not authorized to speak for Clinton.

Advisers for Clinton are also indicating that the former first lady is withholding a formal departure from the race partly to use her remaining leverage to press for a spot on the ticket.

```

So, she'd just accept the VP nomination in order to "help Democrats win the White House"... nothing to do with her ambition and ego?

And yeah, that last paragraph says it all.

I wouldn't have her for love or money. I can't see her following Obama's policies if they conflicted with her own, for one thing.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 04:45 pm
boy

that woman sure has a power issue doesnt she??

fer the love of pete lady

LET. GO. AND. GO. AWAY
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 05:07 pm
<grumble>
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 05:13 pm
Hillary was an open book from the time she started bashing Obama. Her hunger for power is her primary goal in life; it shows like spades for those who look at all the evidence - from her. Older women are not capable of seeing Hillary's alterior motives. POWER and her name in the history books is all she wrote.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 05:18 pm
Define "older women", CI Smile I dare ya.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 05:19 pm
Please no - really - most flattered - but it's OK, really - dont worry - we'll call you, Hillary!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 05:20 pm
CI - Watch out! It's a trap!!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 05:20 pm
I'm a very old man at 72 - going on 73 next month. Any man or woman in my age group is "old."
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 05:26 pm
nimh wrote:
Please no - really - most flattered - but it's OK, really - dont worry - we'll call you, Hillary!

Laughing
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 05:32 pm
As I type Obama's magic number is 7!
It seems there is a faction of Clinton supporters that feel Obama "owes" it to Clinton to put her on the ticket?

I have thought about this and unfortunately, (not for the reason mentioned) Obama may have to swallow that bitter pill or lose some votes. Reason being, that a faction of that faction say bluntly that they will hold it against obama and vote for McCain or not at all.

Should Obama enlist a lying power-hungry she-devil?
Is it inevitable? I would like to say no but............. Sad
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 05:37 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
I'm a very old man at 72 - going on 73 next month. Any man or woman in my age group is "old."

You saved your skin with that one, CI, at least with my age group Smile
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 05:38 pm
Obama doesn't need to swallow any bitter pill; it's more than likely that Hillary will create more problems during the next four years as VP than Obama can gain for such a misguided choice.

After the last seven years of Bush, many republicans will not be voting for another Bush term.

People want "change" no matter what that entails; and I'm still not sure how Obama will deliver on his rhetoric of change.
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 06:14 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Obama doesn't need to swallow any bitter pill; it's more than likely that Hillary will create more problems during the next four years as VP than Obama can gain for such a misguided choice.

After the last seven years of Bush, many republicans will not be voting for another Bush term.

People want "change" no matter what that entails; and I'm still not sure how Obama will deliver on his rhetoric of change.

I have no doubt that the HRC will be just as tactless and incompetent as a VP. but I am thinking for the best in the general election.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 06:16 pm
nimh wrote:
Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 06:24 pm
Cough, I'm plenty old. Don't fit into the older women incapable of seeing motive grouping. As it is I'm trying to be nice about the vp stuff re if it is an ultimatum instead of helpful... which it possibly might be meant as. Read my frowns.
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 07:02 pm
I guess time will tell...
but have you seen these Clinton supporters, they are persistent, mad and a little not sane. ........ "Example"
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 07:13 pm
Congrats Obama!
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 07:17 pm
BBB
Obama will only offer the vice presidency to Clinton if she guarantees him that she will not accept it.

BBB
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 07:20 pm
Re: BBB
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Obama will only offer the vice presidency to Clinton if she guarantees him that she will not accept it.

BBB

This one was worth a burst of laughter from the middle of my guts.
0 Replies