President Bush's speech to the Nation

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 12:41 am
Quote:
Bush creating own version of Vietnam

Date published: 9/10/2003

Well, the summer is over. Let's see what's up: We occupy Afghanistan and Iraq at the cost of billions of dollars per week and countless American lives.

There was no choice but to invade Afghanistan, but now how do we get out?

I guess since President Bush found a way to avoid Vietnam, he would just create a new one now. It's interesting to listen to the old speeches of the president and Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld about how easy and fast these wars would be.

Well, at least the economy is doing well. The deficit is only $460 billion, and only 9 million Americans are out of work. I guess it's time for another tax cut.

The president can say that he's doing all this for national security, so no one has to worry. Has anyone noticed that when the federal government keeps cutting taxes, your state and local taxes keep going up?

We all believe in a safe and secure America, but the president can't just keep yelling "National Security" when his policies are going nowhere.

At least Vice President Cheney's old company Halliburton is making millions off the wars. I guess it's who you know.

Elliot Hatfield

Stafford

Date published: 9/10/2003

www.freelancestar.com
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 03:38 am
What is Halliburton making its millions on? I keep reading about electrical, water, garbage disposal and oter problems. WEare paying them for what?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 06:50 am
I think that the comparison of anything to Vietnam should be outlawed. Nothing will ever be like Vietnam and people need to realize that.

Also, I think that any comparison's of the US administration and the Nazi party should result in a poke in the eye.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 06:55 am
au1929 wrote:
How can one equate lying about a sexual peccadillo and lying to invade another country?

How can you be so blind, au1929? Let me set it out very carefully: Clinton was cheating on his wife and he lied to cover it up and he got a BLOWJOB! Obviously, that's far worse than lying about the reasons to send hundreds of Americans to their deaths.

Oh, and everything bad that has happened since 1992? That's Clinton's fault too.

There, I hope that makes it crystal clear.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 07:03 am
Exactly.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 07:04 am
McGentrix wrote:
I think that the comparison of anything to Vietnam should be outlawed.

Now that's the kind of America I've always dreamed of...

Why it sounds sort of like...Nazi Germany!

nimh wrote:
Also, I think that any comparison's of the US administration and the Nazi party should result in a poke in the eye.

I am reminded here of two paragons of diplomatic wit, Moe and Curly Howard...
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 07:10 am
*poke*
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 07:30 am
http://images.allposters.com/images/41/002_3477_a.jpghttp://images.allposters.com/images/41/002_3478_a.jpg

That one on the right looks remarkably like... :wink:
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 07:37 am
McGentrix

Exactly What??
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 07:39 am
Exactly what Joefromchicago said.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 07:48 am
just curious, what's a cront's corporation?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 08:03 am
McGentrix

Quote:
How can you be so blind, au1929? Let me set it out very carefully: Clinton was cheating on his wife and he lied to cover it up and he got a BLOWJOB! Obviously, that's far worse than lying about the reasons to send hundreds of Americans to their deaths.

I assumed that joefromchicago was being sarcastic. But you apparently agreed with it. Wow! what a distorted sense of values.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 08:28 am
au1929 wrote:
I assumed that joefromchicago was being sarcastic.

He was. So was McG.

(I think) <grins>
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 09:35 am
Quote:
BUSH: I MEANT $87 ZILLION

Blames Lower Figure on 'Typo'

I really like this ... although it is quoted in European papers as the only humouristic view on Bush's speech in the USA
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 11:57 am
Borowitz apparently hangs out in the White House, knows how their minds really work (to the extent that they do...).
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 01:34 pm
Most people do not know it, but the new prescription drug plan will take away company paid medical benefits for those over 65. The blame must be shared by the congress and this president for taking away benefits from the American People while spending billions for the Iraqis. I'm just wondering what else the American People are going to be asked to sacrifice.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 01:36 pm
Maybe, just maybe, the American People will wake up when they find that our social security benefits will be reduced next year by 87 billion.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 01:36 pm
And they keep adding kids to classrooms that are falling down.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 05:54 pm
Well, c.i. -- we all know that would be polticial suicide. As much as they ideologically believe Social Security should be abolished, they are resigned to not being able to change a thing. They will find every way possible to not increase it and raise the retirement age, however. They figure if Ronald Reagan can work during his twilight years at 50% efficiency, every other American should be able to.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 06:04 pm
Jaysus you're generous, Light!
0 Replies