My self diagnosis

Izzie

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 07:54 am
Yep.... waiting for the gal to check in here too - hope all is well Marty Smile
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 08:02 am
Whoa ~~ just saw this thread for the first time since the self-exam. Big changes. Hope you're on the way to a fast recovery, Marty.
0 Replies

jodie34

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 10:46 am
Marty

Hope everything went well with your surgery. Waiting to hear from you.
Remember your friends care about you and wish you the best.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 09:38 pm
Hi guys! Well, I was admitted around 5pm and put on antibiotics and a liquid diet. I was wheeled down to preop at 9:30 and woke up from anesthesia at 12:30.

I have 4 small holes from the scopes, however, the one above my navel had to be cut a bit larger to fit the larger basket in to handle my large gallbladder. One stone had the circum. of a quarter and had to be broken nefore removal.

Fortunately the ducts were clear and now I'm home. Pretty bloated still but hoping that will dissipate soon.
Now on Vicodin and plan on staying on top of the pain!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 09:40 pm
Im SO glad to hear everything went ok

I hope you heal quickly and safely

off to bed with you Wink
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 09:53 pm
Sounds like the best possible outcome! Congrats and welcome home.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 10:12 pm
Wow! That was quick, but probably not as easy as you make it sound.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 03:23 am
Hey Marty - glad all went well. There can often be "very sharp shoulder pain" where the gas they use to blow up your tummy gets trapped behind your shoulder blade. Just be aware of that - it can be scary if it happens but it isn't anything to worry about - you just need to take slow deep breaths and it will dissipate. The air remains in your tummy for a while - until it finds it way free :wink: Drink plenty of water too. So pleased you are back and home and stone free. Smile
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 05:51 am
Great news, Marty!

Agree that it couldn't have been as easy as described.

Happy to hear all went well.

Um, could I ask a favor?.... I didn't get to finish that one National Geographic article from the waiting room...I'll return it... Just , you know, if you could.... Smile
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 05:52 am
roger wrote:
Wow! That was quick, but probably not as easy as you make it sound.

My thoughts exactly, roger.

Marty - glad to hear you're on the mend. Baby yourself ~ you're entitled.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 06:06 am
Thanks for the update! Glad the hardest part is over (I'm assuming that was the hardest part but I don't actually know -- how long does it take to heal?)
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 06:09 am
While I was still on the PCA pump I was convinced that I'd still be able to make our girls night out lst night. We had 14 ladies meeting up for a night of dancing to celebrate mine and my best friends b-days.

Coughing hurts and the pain is now in my back as well. Now hoping to be well enough to fly on thurs. We'll see.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 06:10 am
Ooooh, you're still going to try to do that trip...? Your doctors are fine with that?
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 06:14 am
I see my dr again tomorrow but I just want to be on top of my game if I'm going to go see this guy. I don't want to be held back with pain or any complications. It's still in the wishful thinking stage.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 06:14 am
Hey Marty - so glad you are feeling better. Please do check about flying tho - and NO LIFTING heavy suitcases for a couple weeks at least.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 06:15 am
I'm allowed to lift 15 lbs, although I haven't been brave enough to try it yet
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 06:18 am
K - well just be careful alright - and coughing - put both arms across your stomach and hold them tight as you cough. Watch out for the bubbles of air around - that to me was the worst part of the surgery - but it does go very soon. Delighted all is sorted tho. Good for you. Take care girlie. Smile
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 06:21 am
Thanks for the well wishes and positive thoughts. It's wierd having the tables turned and to see things from the patients perspective. I'm supposed to be the one taking care of sick people.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 10:14 am
Very glad to see you back and doing so well!
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 11:24 am
martybarker wrote:
Hi guys! Well, I was admitted around 5pm and put on antibiotics and a liquid diet. I was wheeled down to preop at 9:30 and woke up from anesthesia at 12:30.

I have 4 small holes from the scopes, however, the one above my navel had to be cut a bit larger to fit the larger basket in to handle my large gallbladder. One stone had the circum. of a quarter and had to be broken nefore removal.

Fortunately the ducts were clear and now I'm home. Pretty bloated still but hoping that will dissipate soon.
Now on Vicodin and plan on staying on top of the pain!

Glad to hear you had the op and are doing well. I've had three Caesareans - if you want to cough or laugh, wedge a pillow against your tummy first.

When are you having your date?? Hmmm??
0 Replies