My self diagnosis

squinney

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 05:54 am
Dancing with the surgeon on Saturday nite and treatment on Monday then.

Have fun. Just don't let him dip you.

(Seriously, now that you know make sure you DO get treatment arrangements made ASAP. Gallbladders are nothing to mess with. Been there done that with Bear.)
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 06:02 am
what squinney said... I damn near died from the complications of letting it go. Off your ass girl and take action.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 07:31 am
Thanks for the words. I am actually freaking out a little bit now that the reality has set in. I've never had general anesthesia before.

My primary doc will be calling a surgeon for me this morning so I can just bop over there during work hours. I'm bummed too because I was supposed to fly to the midwest next thurs to meet this guy I've been talking with since my nieces wedding trip. (the long distance thread)

Hoping this isn't a sign.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 03:20 pm
martybarker wrote:
Thanks for the words. I am actually freaking out a little bit now that the reality has set in. I've never had general anesthesia before.

My primary doc will be calling a surgeon for me this morning so I can just bop over there during work hours. I'm bummed too because I was supposed to fly to the midwest next thurs to meet this guy I've been talking with since my nieces wedding trip. (the long distance thread)

Hoping this isn't a sign.

Damn!

Sounds like your surgery will happen soon.

I hope you will feel way better soon.

I doubt it's a sign!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 03:22 pm
Glad you're taking fast action, Marty.

The guy will understand..
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 04:32 pm
Holy Smokes! I'm being admitted tonight and surgery is first thing in the morning. See you all next week!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 04:34 pm
All best wishes Marty... you'll be fine girl - be thinking of you xx
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 04:45 pm
We'll be with you, (and take notes!)
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 04:47 pm
oh MY ..

take care of yourself.
Be slow. Be happy and be safe!

we will see you when you return Smile

( PS I hope you get a sexy man nurse ... Cool )
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 05:01 pm
Marty, I'll include my good wishes for you along with all the others.

It is a relief that you are going in tonight and having the operation tomorrow. I, like bear, had waited too long and, even though it turned out to be my bile duct that was most dangerous, it almost killed me.

Although I don't know you well, but you have been very kind to me in the past, so I know you are a good soul.

Since you work in the hospital, you probably know lots of people who will keep a watch on you. My good thoughts will be with you as well.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 06:16 pm
Best of luck, Marty! See you soon......
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 06:48 pm
Whoa! What a tale...

Glad you moved on this, marty, and that you're getting it taken care of.

Will be thinking about you...
0 Replies

jodie34

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 07:57 pm
Marty
Good girl! I am so glad you decided to see a doctor right away. Take care and "God bless". I had Gall Bladder surgery a few years ago. The doctor said that mine quit functioning and I have felt much better since I had the surgery. Let us know how you are doing.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 10:39 pm
Re: My self diagnosis
martybarker wrote:
I was unable to sleep last night due to the most horrible, intense gas pains. I couldn't figure out what I ate to cause this but my mind went wild with thoughts of tumor, ovarian cyst or bowel obstruction.

I tried to turn myself to allow the gas to move through the intestines but the pain would not leave my right side.

I ended up sleeping a whopping 3 hours before getting up for work.

At the end of my shift I pulled the ultrasound machine into a corner and scanned the area of my pain.

Sh!t, I've got gallstones!

The last thing I want is surgery. I'm going to see if this was a one time deal, however, in hindsight this pain has occurred before.

i think i have kidney stones, it literally feels like one is blocked and the other is fine.

hooray.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 06:24 am
just saw this thread marty....hope you feel better soon.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 06:31 am
good for you Marty and good luck. thoughts for strength and comfort. If this is taken care of early and quickly you'll be up, around and out dancing before you know it. :wink:
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 07:48 am
(Sitting in the waiting room, swinging my feet.)

Could someone pass me that new Time or National Geographic, please? I need a distraction from worry.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 07:49 am
( Stops naked Good Health dance)

here ya go
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 08:18 am
ANNOUNCEMENT!
ANNOUNCEMENT! Here ye, here ye. BBB declares that gall stones are herewith banned from occupation in the bodies of all A2K members---post haste!
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 07:53 am
BBB, You can DO THAT? Shocked

Okay, Marty.... How did it go? Hope you're feeling better and can check back with us real soon.

(The waiting is nerve racking.)
0 Replies