Tension Headache

Montana

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 02:55 pm
Izzie, I promise I'll see doc if it continues. There's nothing worse for my tension than financial worries and I'm 99.9% sure it's just that. Been here many many times before, just not for this long. Never had financial worries for this long either, so I'm sure that's all it is.

Those pressure points are amazing and I recommend them to anyone with a lot of tension.

I knew there was something I missed about my ex. Well, there's one more thing, but that would be too much information Laughing
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 05:01 pm
Tico you're da bomb! I've had a headache for a couple of weeks. (More on than off)

Stress is probably my biggest factor, too. Gonna try those pressure points. I had a Chiropracter use the pressure point technique on me once and by the time I got home from his office, I could have done back flips.

It does work if you know where to put pressure at.

PS- Montana? Really, I think you need about 24 hours of good sex and all that tension will be gone. :wink:
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 06:05 pm
Embarrassed
0 Replies

jodie34

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 06:18 pm
Montana

Sorry to hear you have had a headache for such a long time.
Stress can cause so many health problems.
Sure hope you get the job you interviewed for.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 06:28 pm
JustBrooke wrote:

PS- Montana? Really, I think you need about 24 hours of good sex and all that tension will be gone. :wink:

Ummmm, yeah Laughing

Hey, try that pressure thing. It really works! Who would have known that the thumbs could do such amazing things Shocked

Sex is good too! At least from what I can still remember Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 06:31 pm
Thank you Jodie :-D

It was a very long 6 weeks and I'm sooooooooooooo happy to be rid of the pain.

If I don't get the job, I at least have my thumbs ready Laughing
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 08:34 pm
Montana ...... I did the first one on Tico's link ... where you put your thumbs on the back of your head. Then I forgot about it. A little while later I realized I had no more headache. Shocked It worked and I only did it a short time.

So after 4 ibuprofen today and little results ... I am amazed! Though I shouldn't be. I had a chiropracter do the same thing to me one time. By the time I got home from his office......I was pain free. That only lasted about 3 days or so (can't remember) ....but it worked for awhile.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 05:01 am
I know, it's a real cool crazy, eh Laughing

I did the Advil, etc, with no results, but then I did the Tico head thing and 'Poof', headache all gone. I even did the hand thing, just for the hell of it and another 'poof'!

That just makes me one happy poofer and I'm glad it worked for you too Brooke :-D

Everyone deserves a good poof ever now and again Laughing

I'm still amazed!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 06:53 am
I think pretty soon Montana and Brooke are gonna be poofing each other.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 07:29 am
We can have a poof party Cool
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 07:42 am
I know ya'll are sick of me bringing it up, but I am totally convinced having the series of rolfing sessions will eliminate many, if not most or all pains in the entire body.

When I looked at tico's link, it didn't surprise me at all that something like that would work. In fact, in the past when I'd get headaches, rather than take a pill (which rarely occurs to me to do), I'd naturally press/massage the areas of tension.

montana, you don't need to pay to have a massage, except for parts of your body you can't reach.

In the evenings and morings, while reading or watching TV, I manipulate my toes, heels, feet, knees, rotate my hips, rotor cups, elbows, hands fingers, jaw, etc. etc.

since I finished my rolfing, I have not had one headache, or if I did, I just naturally adjusted my body position to relieve the tension and get rid of it.

You may find that by gently pulling on and rotating your big toe with it's range of motion with your hand, your entire body feels better.

When you walk, your big toe is the point of your body where you concentrate most of your weight at some point. By opening it's movement by extending and rotating, you enable it to more efficiently do it's job, take the pressure off of other parts of you.

Your body is not just a bunch of separate parts. Every muscle on your body is somehow effecting every other one.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 07:47 am
Thanks Chai, I can use all the relaxing advice I can get. I don't relax very well, I'm afraid Sad
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 07:51 am
Chai wrote:
You may find that by gently pulling on and rotating your big toe with it's range of motion with your hand, your entire body feels better.

When you walk, your big toe is the point of your body where you concentrate most of your weight at some point. By opening it's movement by extending and rotating, you enable it to more efficiently do it's job, take the pressure off of other parts of you.

Your body is not just a bunch of separate parts. Every muscle on your body is somehow effecting every other one.

That's really interesting. Since I've been dealing with plantars fascitis I have exercises to do each morning before I get out of bed and put any weight on my feet. The first is to sit with my legs dangling over the side of the bed and "write" the alphabet with the big toe of each foot. From there I move on to stretches etc. Who knew the big toe was such a big deal?
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 08:07 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Montana:

I had a headache for many weeks while in high school. I considered it a "tension" headache. It was during basketball season, and it was affecting my play. I went to school one day and we had a guest speaker scheduled for my Psychology class -- a psychiatrist, whom I knew did hypnosis and other cool things. I got to class a bit early after lunch to hopefully pick his brain and get a free diagnosis/advice. I really didn't know if he could help, but I was feeling desperate. I told him my symptoms, and he told me to turn around ... he then performed an accu-pressure technique, by pressing very firmly with his thumbs on either side of my spinal cord, where my skull joins with my neck. He held it, pressing firmly for about 30 seconds. When he finished, my headache was gone. I've remembered the specific points ever since, and have been able to self-treat over the years.

I just checked, and there are some websites that discuss this technique. The Dr. who "treated" me didn't rub or massage, he just pressed firmly.

http://www.aurorahealthcare.org/services/headaches/tools/tools-acupressure.asp

okay...that - is awesome.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 09:05 pm
Hah! I've had a tension headache all day long. Now I pressure massaged
the back of my head and also pulled and rotated my big toes. I feel so much better now, and relaxed as well.

Thanks to Tico and Chai Very Happy Thank you for the info!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 23 May, 2008 09:25 am
I didn't do the toe thing yet, but I'll be giving it a try one of these days.

The head and hand thing are amazing and it's nice to be able to be able to be able to get some relief without drugs :-D
0 Replies

jodie34

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 06:53 pm
Montana
Thinking about you and hoping things are much less stressful by now.
Have you heard from the job interview? Keeping my gingers crossed that everything will be OK with that.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 05:34 am
Thanks Jodie :-D

I actually did get a job as a travel agent in town and started Monday. Unfortunately, they didn't tell us when they hired us that the 3 week training was only 30 hours a week and they could only promise us 32 hours after that. The pay isn't much and I would have had a hard time making ends meet on 40 hours a week.
Then there's the fact that I'm so use to doing physical work, I'm just not cut out to sit at a desk on a phone.
It's also only a 6 month contract and I could never manage on the unemployment once I was laid off, which is only 55% of my wages.

I decided that I'll be going back to the lobster shop next week where I'll be working mega hours, doing slave work, but I'll be off for most of July, be paid more and be able to make enough to survive the winter with the unemployment.

Then while I'm off this winter, I'll keep looking for something full time that I can live with.
I have tons of experience in printing, so I'm going to track down all the printing companies and bring them my resume.

Trying to find work in the paper or on line job searches hasn't gotten me anywhere, so I'm going to just look for companies I'd be interested in working for and drop off my resume.
I think I'll stand a better chance by applying for jobs where I have experience.

Headache is pretty much gone, but the stress lingers on.

I'll be ok, though.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 05:51 am
You will be OK girlie - because you are a survivor! Thinking of you. xxxx
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 07:27 am
"pulled and rotated my big toes"... hmm... that might help... too bad you don't have a third leg. Works for me.....
0 Replies