The Case Against John McCain

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 08:02 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Yup.

I think there will also be some questions relating to Sen. McCain's behaviors surrounding his various adulterous relationships and eventual divorce of Carol McCain, who stood by his side while in captivity only to be cheated on and divorced when he came home.

Not exactly the picture of a morally upstanding man

Cycloptichorn

There will be a lot more on his general mental health and his ability to govern. The medical records are finally being released.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 10:07 pm
a picture is worth 1000 words

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/mccainlovesbush.gif
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 10:23 pm
Woiyo, quick, look, another up and coming Republican!
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 10:28 pm
JTT wrote:

OMFG the mental image makes me nauseous. That Laura must be a siant.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 10:57 pm
Back to the business at hand.

Quote:

Another McCain Foreign Policy Gaffe

Deception or ignorance? That seems to be the question every time John McCain makes a foreign policy gaffe. Whether its Sunnis or Shi'a or yesterday on the nature of Iran's government. Joe Klein reports:

When I followed with the observation that the Supreme Leader is, uh, the Supreme Leader, McCain responded that the "average American" thinks Ahmadinejad is the boss.

On top of that as Klein points out, the president's job is to educate the public on questions of policy. So if the "average American" thinks that Ahmadinejad is the ultimate leader of Iran, it's up to the president to dissuade them of this notion -- not reinforce it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ilan-goldenberg/another-foreign-policy-ga_b_102611.html

Quote:

"People go in there and meet the moderate foreign minister and the moderates around him, and they fool themselves into thinking the regime will change," said John McCain, R-Ariz., a senior member of the Senate Armed Services Committee. "The religious mullahs will never let them."

So, for McCain, when the moderates held elective office, the religious clerics were the final arbiters of Iranian politics and policy. But now that a more hard-line president has control in Iran, he is characterized as the true leader and the religious clerics are marginalized. The ideology of Iran's presidents may have differed over the years, but this in no way changes the fact that the political structure itself over time doesn't change, and largely hasn't changed, since the Iranian Revolution in 1979. Even in January of this year, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei rather publicly overruled President Ahmadinejad in a way that directly contradicts McCain's recent assertions:

http://www.democracyarsenal.org/2008/05/total-ayatollah.html

What's the upside here for McCain, that he's is a flat out liar, that he isn't capable of remembering what he says and believes or that he's willing to adjust the facts in order to pander to what the majority of Americans don't want.

Just how stupid is this guy?

Just how stupid is a party that, unbelievably, survived for eight years by repeating memes - this doesn't say much for a good chunk of the American population, sorry Finn, that includes you, - and now thinks that its survival is predicated on repeating the same old lies.

This is mind-boggling stuff, truly, deeply mind-boggling.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 11:11 pm
LOL we should start calling McCain McKerry or maybe McFlip-flop, thank God though, this mental defective has zero chance of winning.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 12:33 am
How long did he live in a cage as a pow?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 04:11 am
I really shouldn't have to say this - but looking at some of the comments being made here, I guess it bears saying:

John McCain is the white guy in the contest. That is going to be some much more valuable coin of the realm than a lot of people are either realizing, or admitting - I can't say which. There are people who have deep set insecurities about the basic trustworthiness of a black man, or a man with a Muslim-sounding name. Some of those people are not the dirt-poor uneducated, but some of them are otherwise reasonable people who couldn't for the life of them articulate reasons for the intensity of their distrust.

I've asked some people who will not vote for him why they feel the way they do about Obama, and they just can't say anything but some nonsensical blather about how they "just have a bad feeling".

If the polls don't give you a clue - if even after seeing 8 years of Bush; if even after getting a chance to see both McCain and Obama articulate their views for over a year on TV and people are STILL saying that they would either vote for McCain or NO ONE than Obama - then you are not paying attention.

Y'all really shouldn't be crowing about how Obama is going to wipe the floor with this "mental defective". Trust me, it gives me great pain to say so but in this America, this mental defective still may have the upper hand in a one-on-one with Obama.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 05:58 am
JTT wrote:

I suppose being 12 years old, you would find that sort of thing funny. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 08:42 am
snood wrote:
I really shouldn't have to say this - but looking at some of the comments being made here, I guess it bears saying:

John McCain is the white guy in the contest. That is going to be some much more valuable coin of the realm than a lot of people are either realizing, or admitting - I can't say which. There are people who have deep set insecurities about the basic trustworthiness of a black man, or a man with a Muslim-sounding name. Some of those people are not the dirt-poor uneducated, but some of them are otherwise reasonable people who couldn't for the life of them articulate reasons for the intensity of their distrust.

I've asked some people who will not vote for him why they feel the way they do about Obama, and they just can't say anything but some nonsensical blather about how they "just have a bad feeling".

If the polls don't give you a clue - if even after seeing 8 years of Bush; if even after getting a chance to see both McCain and Obama articulate their views for over a year on TV and people are STILL saying that they would either vote for McCain or NO ONE than Obama - then you are not paying attention.

Y'all really shouldn't be crowing about how Obama is going to wipe the floor with this "mental defective". Trust me, it gives me great pain to say so but in this America, this mental defective still may have the upper hand in a one-on-one with Obama.

I am more confident then you are. The head-to-head polling has looked pretty good for Obama against McCain.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 10:40 am
And I obviously hope to be proved wildly, outrageously wrong on this.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 10:50 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
snood wrote:

I am more confident then you are. The head-to-head polling has looked pretty good for Obama against McCain.

Cycloptichorn

National Polls are useless. The link below has some interesting State by State polls that should give a better indication onhow close this race is so far.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/ohio.html
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 10:52 am
I don't think that national polls are useless at all.

But, his state polling is quite good as well. Obama is rock-solid in far more states then McCain is rock-solid; and there are about 100 electoral votes up for grabs. My guess is that he'll get most of them.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 10:57 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:

But, his state polling is quite good as well. Obama is rock-solid in far more states then McCain is rock-solid; and there are about 100 electoral votes up for grabs. My guess is that he'll get most of them.

Cycloptichorn

Why would a National Poll be of any value when we do not have a National Election?

You need glasses if you think Obama is "rock-solid".

The campaign has not really begun and it is close. Jeez, try to be objective for once!
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 10:59 am
woiyo wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Why would a National Poll be of any value when we do not have a National Election?

The campaign has not really begun and it is close. Jeez, try to be objective for once!

You should try and read some of Nimh's posts from time to time. When I say 'rock-solid,' I mean that Obama enjoys a lead far outside the margin of error in the vast majority of states he's shown to be winning at this time. McCain has something like 12 states where he's inside the margin of error. Therefore, he has a lot to lose from this point and Obama, not so much; Obama will be playing offense to McCain's defense, with more money and more excitement. Not a good situation for Grandpa John.

The campaign has begun, and things are going pretty well for the Senator from Illinois.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 11:03 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
woiyo wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

You should try and read some of Nimh's posts from time to time. When I say 'rock-solid,' I mean that Obama enjoys a lead far outside the margin of error in the vast majority of states he's shown to be winning at this time. McCain has something like 12 states where he's inside the margin of error. Therefore, he has a lot to lose from this point and Obama, not so much; Obama will be playing offense to McCain's defense, with more money and more excitement. Not a good situation for Grandpa John.

The campaign has begun, and things are going pretty well for the Senator from Illinois.

Cycloptichorn

The youngster from Illinios has not even been able to capture the delegates needed to win the nomination.

The Youngster from Illinois polls poorly in the mid america states.

The Youngster from Illinois will need all the money he can grab to beat the Distinguished Senator from Arizona.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 11:03 am
That's actually in Obama's favor, that the campaign hasn't even begun and it's close. Obama's likely to open up a much bigger lead than the one he already has once he's actually the nominee.

Snood, I know what you're saying. I'm optimistic, though. Remember, we had these conversations way back in the early days of "Obama '08," too, and here he is on the cusp of being the nominee. I think there is definitely racism in America, no question. I just don't think there is enough to keep Obama from winning, especially against this opponent (McCain).
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 11:05 am
woiyo wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
woiyo wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Cycloptichorn

The youngster from Illinios has not even been able to capture the delegates needed to win the nomination.

The Youngster from Illinois polls poorly in the mid america states.

The Youngster from Illinois will need all the money he can grab to beat the Distinguished Senator from Arizona.

In order:

Yes, he has.

No, he doesn't at all.

Fortunately, he has FAR more money and FAR more support then McCain does.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 11:06 am
Are you drunk?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 11:08 am
woiyo wrote:
Are you drunk?

no, why? Everything I said is perfectly true.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies