The Case Against John McCain

hanno

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 03:22 pm
snood wrote:
Hanno:

Quote:
Still, puts a cold shower to my secret fantasy of the return of the sodium-reactor and starving the third world with ethanol...

Why would you want to starve the third world?

Because I have perspective, my friend. Think about it, we get 400 HP out of a 3.5L engine that runs clean and won't blow up or burn out, we get sustainable transportation, our farms contribute to the GDP in a meaningful manner again, thus rendering the alternate economic development in the decades since the depression fortifying rather than depleting for us, Europe don't got none, the Middle East can screw themselves, and best of all it allows the free market to reign in overpopulation. Whats the alternative, keep food relatively cheap for everyone? 'Everyone' keeps getting bigger and thereby increasing its ability to suffer without learning to TCB for itself. I'm not the first one to say the population counter-pressure is needed - see 'Ishmael' by Daniel Quinn or any old post by TinyGiraffe - although I might be the first to recognize a fun and rewarding way to let it happen.

It's what I would want for myself too if I were them. They've got no way to learn to dignify themselves and yet thanks to the USA being the beacon of grace and human achievement that it is, instead of breeding themselves any further into animal-istic squalor the third worlders have a chance to pay their dues to fate as well as anyone can ask to - in the roar of a hotrod engine, baby!

I want sodium reactors too, they're more complex, but much more efficient waste-wise, the plug got pulled, I'm guessing by the Peanut Farmer...
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 03:36 pm
So, sort of genocide by benign neglect?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 03:43 pm
snood wrote:
So, sort of genocide by benign neglect?

How would it be neglect of any type on the part of the US?

Many people around the world, at least according to the "experts" here on A2K, want the US to leave the rest of the world alone and mind our own business.
So, what hanno is proposing would allow the US to do exactly that.
Whats wrong with that?
It gives the rest of the world exactly what they think they want.
Unless you are saying that the rest of the world actually NEEDS the US.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 17 May, 2008 08:31 am
Let's don't get too rhapsodic in our ideological blather here. I was simply responding to his specific choice of the words "starve the third world". Seems to me if there was no malicious intent toward third world people, there exists an endless choice of other ways to express views about international financial policy.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Sat 17 May, 2008 10:50 am
snood wrote:
Let's don't get too rhapsodic in our ideological blather here. I was simply responding to his specific choice of the words "starve the third world". Seems to me if there was no malicious intent toward third world people, there exists an endless choice of other ways to express views about international financial policy.

Can't count on Wolfowitz .... got caught thinking with the little head Smile
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Sun 18 May, 2008 11:58 am
snood wrote:

So it's not what I said, it's how I said it, or from that why I said it. I stand by the whole thing. What do you think I should do sugar coat it out of reverence for something or other? That my idea's no good right out of the gate cuz, apparently, my heart's in the wrong place? Right-think. Superstitious bigotry - especially insofar as you're inclined to call it out.

On matters of consequence I speak plainly and overtly, and on lesser matters I still speak that way as a point of procedure. If I didn't, if I gave only the socio-conventionally acceptable reasons for ethanol and did so with wanton propriety - what would someone like me be doing on the moral highground anyway right?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 09:15 am
McCain's top adviser and Campaign manager, Charlie Black, is closely linked with one Mr. Jack Abramoff.

More to come on this one

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 09:48 am
McCain has made so many gaffes, mis-statements, and contraditictions in his political career, that it can be easily said that his greatest enemy this campaign will not be Mr. Obama, but Mr. Youtube.

Just a Small Sample

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 12:29 pm
"In the ad, MoveOn focused on McCain's brain, lobbyist Charlie Black. Specifically the ad focused on Black's work as a lobbyist for despots in Angola, Zaire and the Philippines back in the 1980s.

That got my attention. Jack Abramoff was also a lobbyist for some of these same despots back in the 1980s.

And yes, Charlie Black and Jack Abramoff are linked.

They would have worked together.

And Charlie is far worse than Jack."

Join me on the jump...
link
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 07:05 pm
Quote:
McCain Has Had At Least 118 Lobbyists Running His Campaign & Raising Money For Him

http://mccainsource.com/corruption?id=0006

0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 06:16 am
blueflame1 wrote:
"In the ad, MoveOn focused on McCain's brain, lobbyist Charlie Black. Specifically the ad focused on Black's work as a lobbyist for despots in Angola, Zaire and the Philippines back in the 1980s.

That got my attention. Jack Abramoff was also a lobbyist for some of these same despots back in the 1980s.

Join me on the jump...
link

So you are worried about relationships McCain has had , some going back 20 years?

Is there any concern about some of Obama's relationships, some dating back 20 years?

Maybe if you can discuss the issues, we may take you more seriously. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 08:19 am
woiyo wrote:
blueflame1 wrote:

Join me on the jump...
link

So you are worried about relationships McCain has had , some going back 20 years?

Is there any concern about some of Obama's relationships, some dating back 20 years?

:

Which people working on Obama's campaign do you have a concern about?

Does Obama, like McCain, have any foreign agents working for him?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 08:24 am
Here is one that fits both requests.

Obama Adviser Tied to Hamas Meetings Resigns

By Glenn Kessler
An informal Middle East adviser to Sen. Barack Obama's campaign resigned Friday after a newspaper reported on his regular meetings with members of the Hamas militant group.

Rob Malley said he wanted to stop being a distraction for the campaign after facing attacks from the blogosphere for months for allegedly being anti-Israel, a charge he denies. Malley is a former National Security Council aide to President Bill Clinton who is now with the International Crisis Group, a nonpartisan conflict-resolution think tank.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/05/09/obama_adviser_tied_to_hamas_me.html
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 01:52 pm
Well Obama needs him out of the way so he can meet with them directly.
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 02:32 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
woiyo wrote:
blueflame1 wrote:

Join me on the jump...
link

:

Which people working on Obama's campaign do you have a concern about?

Does Obama, like McCain, have any foreign agents working for him?

Foreign agents? I mean, he's got military ties, they did some spooky stuff - I don't know about the Burma thing, maybe they were trying to make a puppet/satellite nation, the other one I'd say just served the cause.

I mean, maybe you don't agree, I kindof don't, like I'm not a fan or propaganda, but should doing the thing in a bad situation be a stain on ones career? This is shades of when they called the GI's in Vietnam 'baby killers'. I'm not the type to be personally grateful to the military/intelligence/fed myself, but they do what they do for some semblance of a reason that we as citizens can no more isolate ourselves from on any level than say funding the library of congress, no sense being petty about it. I've yet to hear any of it related to their track record in the US. As opposed to the Rev. Wright's thing, which hey, who is that guy and why's he clapping?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 02:43 pm
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/20/mccains-97-lobbyist-bill_n_102662.html

Quote:
Just twelve years ago, when McCain was politically recuperating from his involvement in the Keating Five scandal, he introduced legislation that would, if implemented today, cripple his presidential campaign.

In March 1996 and again the following year, McCain offered a bill that, in his own words, "would ban a candidate or a candidate's authorized committee from paying registered lobbyists."

This is a serious problem for McCain, who's entire campaign is staffed and ran by lobbyists. He's a hypocrite, as big as they come.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 02:50 pm
He shoulda just been up front with it like Hillary.

But how stupid to form that team and dispose of them this late in game...or form it at all.

Fodder galore for Obama.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 03:35 pm
Yup.

I think there will also be some questions relating to Sen. McCain's behaviors surrounding his various adulterous relationships and eventual divorce of Carol McCain, who stood by his side while in captivity only to be cheated on and divorced when he came home.

Not exactly the picture of a morally upstanding man

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 07:34 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Not exactly the picture of a morally upstanding man

Cycloptichorn

But clearly the picture of a man that can easily be embraced by conservatives. He is so damn dirty.

This again, is AMERICAN CONSERVATISM at its finest.

Trumpet on, Foxy.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 08:00 pm
The next few months are going to be very interesting and entertaining for Democratic political junkies. For the Republicans, not so much.

They say Obama hasn't been vetted. In fact it is the straight talk express that has been given a free ride for years and it is about to end.
0 Replies