I Emailed Hillary

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 12:06 pm
cjhsa wrote:
If Obama wins, the black folks should all turn in their guns. They won't need them to rob whitey with Obama running the show.

Reported for racist comments

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 12:11 pm
That's retarded but to be expected.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 12:15 pm
cjhsa wrote:

Pretty much, yeah.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 12:17 pm
Like two idiotic peas in a pod, you knuckleheads Laughing

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 12:31 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Like two idiotic peas in a pod, you knuckleheads Laughing

Cycloptichorn

Twenty some years ago, when I got my first tax refund, I bought a clue with it. Perhaps you should too.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 01:34 pm
cjhsa wrote:

Rather than making inane comments with tweeddle dee backing you up; why not explain why you think cyclop comment about your remarking on blacks turning in their guns... being a racist post was without merit.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 01:37 pm
What was racist about it? The fact he said "blacks"?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 01:40 pm
McGentrix wrote:

More like the 'rob whitey' part.

Only a moron would even have to ask.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 01:44 pm
Oh, "rob whitey" was racist?

What about that was racist exactly? That there are incidinces of black on white crime? The term "whitey"? That he had the nerve to suggest the fact that 91% of blacks in NC voted Obama and that Obama has an anti-gun agenda and that could to lead to only criminals having guns?

Of all the crap spewed forth on this forum daily, I find it hypocritical in the extreme that you would choose this to report. What a dork.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 01:48 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Oh, "rob whitey" was racist?

What about that was racist exactly? That there are incidinces of black on white crime? The term "whitey"? That he had the nerve to suggest the fact that 91% of blacks in NC voted Obama and that Obama has an anti-gun agenda and that could to lead to only criminals having guns?

Of all the crap spewed forth on this forum daily, I find it hypocritical in the extreme that you would choose this to report. What a dork.

It's the implication that blacks only need guns - in order to rob whitey.

You're a f*cking waste of everyone's time, mcg

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 01:50 pm
McGentrix wrote:

To start with yes, also the word "whitey." Those words inject negative racist terms into the thread and only serve to divide without any kind of basis in reality to back it up; other than Wright and his views which are not Obama's views.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 01:54 pm
Cyclo
To whom are you going to report it. Al or Jessie?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 02:11 pm
Cyclo wrote
Quote:
I'm pretty sure that Blacks make up no more then 10-15% of the Democratic party as a whole. Maybe 20%, tops

A block of 10 to20 % is enough to turn almost any election.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 03:10 pm
au1929 wrote:
Cyclo wrote
Quote:
I'm pretty sure that Blacks make up no more then 10-15% of the Democratic party as a whole. Maybe 20%, tops

A block of 10 to20 % is enough to turn almost any election.

I agree. I was merely responding to the accusation made by Rabel22 that they are more like 40%.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 03:50 pm
rabel22 wrote:
Nema
I didn't say anything about votes and you know it. I was refereing to the dems pandering to the 40% of the party that is black because they are afraid that they will bolt if Obama isn't their nominee.

You're talking like only blacks voted for Obama. Or like only blacks would take offense if Obama was passed by in favour of Hillary even though he has won more votes.

What you ignore, or maybe just don't realise (considering you think that blacks make up 40% of the party, when it's far less), is that about two out of every three Obama voters has been white.

Take some states that Obama won. Missouri: less than one-third of his voters there was black. Virginia: less than half of his voters was black. Wisconsin: just one in eight Obama voters was black. Illinois: just one-third of Obama voters was black. And of course he won states as varied as Utah, Iowa and Vermont, all places where there's hardly a black soul to be found.

In fact, the only states in all the country where a majority of his voters was black are in the South.

So why would it necessarily be fear of the black Obama voters that would keep Superdelegates from passing him by? What about the far greater number of white Obama voters? Where's the whole 'pandering to the blacks' thing need to come in, here?

I mean, compare these two assumptions. A) The only reason why the superdelegates won't swing the nomination to Hillary is because they dont want to offend the blacks who voted for Obama. B) The superdelegates wont swing the nomination to Hillary because they dont want to offend the majority of Democratic voters that voted for Obama?

Obama won more votes, he's won more delegates, and he's won more states. Wouldn't that be a pretty obvious reason why party leaders would be wary of overturning the will of the voters and nominating Hillary instead? Why would it need to be a Fear of a Black Planet thing?
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 11:16 pm
I would bet that my estimate of 40% is closer than your estimate of 15% of the voters who voted in the dem elections,
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 04:43 am
rabel22 wrote:
I would bet that my estimate of 40% is closer than your estimate of 15% of the voters who voted in the dem elections,

Well, you can look it up. Except for the caucus states (which were almost all overwhelmingly white states), the data is there in the exit polls.

I'll list it for you...

SHARE OF BLACK VOTERS OF DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY ELECTORATE

51% Alabama
Alaska - unknown (caucus), but hardly any blacks there
8% Arizona
7% California
Colorado - unkown, but few blacks there
9% Connecticut
28% Delaware
51% Georgia
Hawaii - unknown (caucus), but few blacks there
Idaho - unknown (caucus), but hardly any blacks there
24% Illinois
18% Indiana
4% Iowa
Kansas - unknown (caucus), but few blacks there
48% Louisiana
Maine - unknown (caucus), but hardly any blacks there
37% Maryland
Minnesota - unknown (caucus)
50% Mississippi
17% Missouri
Nebraska - unknown (caucus), but hardly any blacks there
15% Nevada
1% New Hampshire
23% New Jersey
3% New Mexico
34% North Carolina
North Dakota - unknown (caucus), but hardly any blacks there
18% Ohio
6% Oklahoma
15% Pennsylvania
7% Rhode Island
55% South Carolina
29% Tennessee
19% Texas
2% Utah
1% Vermont
30% Virginia
Washington - unknown (caucus)
8% Wisconsin
Wyoming - unknown (caucus), but hardly any blacks there
17% Arkansas
19% Florida
6% Massachusetts
16% New York

Because of there being no data for caucus states, it's impossible to calculate an average, but as you can see there's only 5 states in the whole wide country where black voters made up 40% of the Democratic primary voters.

Sorry, but Obama just isn't the "candidate for blacks" that you make him out to be. Again - I can post that data too if you like - about two out of every three Obama voters has been white.

So it's hardly just some fear of them blacks that would keep superdelegates from overturning the results of the primaries and making Hillary the nominee instead.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 09:46 am
Nimh
Isn't one out of three something like 33% of the of the democratic electorate. And I have never liked the caucus system of voting because an active minority of the electorate can gain control of the system. Also as I understand in a caucus system there are a few central places where the caucasus take place rather than a voting booth in each township where a person only has to travel a few miles to vote. Getting to a caucus is much harder for older people and people who have disabilities. I would like to see them dropped in favor of a full state vote.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 09:57 am
rabel22 wrote:
Nimh
Isn't one out of three something like 33% of the of the democratic electorate. And I have never liked the caucus system of voting because an active minority of the electorate can gain control of the system. Also as I understand in a caucus system there are a few central places where the caucasus take place rather than a voting booth in each township where a person only has to travel a few miles to vote. Getting to a caucus is much harder for older people and people who have disabilities. I would like to see them dropped in favor of a full state vote.

Faulty logic - 2/3 voters being white doesn't mean the other 1/3rd is BLACK. Yaknow, there are other ethnicities and races out there, and yes, they do vote.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 11:37 am
rabel22 wrote:
Nema
I didn't say anything about votes and you know it. I was refereing to the dems pandering to the 40% of the party that is black because they are afraid that they will bolt if Obama isn't their nominee. They are showing the same gutless attitude toward that part of the party that the conseratives show toward the religious right. It makes it hard to vote for either candidate so I am considering voting for someone not on the ballot. In illinois that is a wasted vote because they wont count it. But ill be dammed if I vote for someone that I don't really like or respect again. Obama is promising things he cant deliver on just like all crooked politicians.

Wow, I won't even touch the bogus race part of that. Both Clinton and Obama represent all the Democratic party. They are running on essentially identical platforms. Anyone voting for Clinton because of her platform should feel well at home in the Obama camp and visa versa.
0 Replies