I Emailed Hillary

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 04:43 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
That was very gracious of her.

But really, what would you think of a Democrat who would give up woman's rights, worker's rights and subject the country to an escalation in Iraq because of hurt feelings?

She is a certainly a better person than that.

don't get all choked up.... I'm sure it was computer generated....try to remember I'm not an idiot....
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 04:47 pm
That's another thing I like about a Ted Nugent campaign. He actually responds to posts on his website. He gives you the straight dope, and there is no way it could be anyone else. Impossible to imitate.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 06:20 pm
fishin wrote:
NONE of them make any mention of repoductive rights or labor/trade issues as being anywhere near the top of anyone's list. They don't appear to be on anyone's radar except your own.

On mine, on mine too!
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 06:23 pm
nimh wrote:
fishin wrote:
NONE of them make any mention of repoductive rights or labor/trade issues as being anywhere near the top of anyone's list. They don't appear to be on anyone's radar except your own.

On mine, on mine too!

YOU don't count! Yer a feriner! Wink
0 Replies

Not a Soccer Mom

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 06:28 pm
Hillary needs cash not ill-conceived suggestions that would ruin her otherwise very bright political career. Senate Majority Leader, NY Governor, maybe a run in 2012.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 06:36 pm
sez you
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 06:39 pm
My opinion about Hillary Clinton has walked in continuous disappointment. I wasn't against her at first, though she wasn't at the top of my list - but now I am lukewarm at best that she be senate majority leader. If she pulls out of this rigamarole somehow and becomes the nominee, I'll don't know if I can vote for her, thus an echo to Bear. But, given the stakes, I would.

That does not mean I think Obama is perfect.

At this point, I see he is the only one of the three with a mind.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 06:46 pm
fishin wrote:

OK, fine... <kicks pebble>
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 06:47 pm
fishin wrote:
nimh wrote:
fishin wrote:

On mine, on mine too!

It's a matter of framing the argument.

Get McCain in front of a microphone. Ask him some tough questions on reproductive rights. Get EMILY'S list and WVWV and some other large women's groups to start focusing on how bad McCain's record is on this, and how wrong his rhetoric is.

And McCain is really in a bind. Really. How many Republicans have explained their inability to vote Dem by saying:

Quote:
I could never support a candidate who is pro-choice, because abortion is an important issue to me!

McCain doesn't have much choice on this issue; alienate his own base, or alienate some of the independents, and rile up the female Hillary supporters - who may not have been riled before this?

This whole election cycle, is going to be full of different issues on this, which are going to put him in a terrible bind. McCain is trying to play both ends against the middle, but in the days of Youtube, he's never going to get away with it.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 06:56 pm
McCain has been consistently pro-life. Some people seem to think this isn't the case, but go look at the record.

There is no question that he will take a solid pro-life position.

The delicate balance on the Supreme Court, and McCain's recent promise to conservative groups to appoint another Scalia make this a huge issue.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 07:29 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
fishin wrote:
nimh wrote:
fishin wrote:

On mine, on mine too!

It's a matter of framing the argument.

Get McCain in front of a microphone. Ask him some tough questions on reproductive rights. Get EMILY'S list and WVWV and some other large women's groups to start focusing on how bad McCain's record is on this, and how wrong his rhetoric is.

And McCain is really in a bind. Really. How many Republicans have explained their inability to vote Dem by saying:

Quote:
I could never support a candidate who is pro-choice, because abortion is an important issue to me!

McCain doesn't have much choice on this issue; alienate his own base, or alienate some of the independents, and rile up the female Hillary supporters - who may not have been riled before this?

This whole election cycle, is going to be full of different issues on this, which are going to put him in a terrible bind. McCain is trying to play both ends against the middle, but in the days of Youtube, he's never going to get away with it.

Cycloptichorn

IMO, you greatly overstate the case here. Several surveys during the Republican Primaries showed the abortion issue made the top 10 voter concerns for less than 1% of Republican voters nationally. Who is there to alienate?

If you think that McCain's "base" is the exact same base that Bush pandered to you are very, very wrong. Bush's base was the religiious right. McCain's base are the Republican moderates (who care a whole lot less about abortion) and conservative Independents. McCain can largely ignore the religious right in the campaign because they have no one else to vote for. Neither Obama nor Clinton is going to "steal" the religious right. They'll hold their noses and vote for McCain or stay home.

Abortion will have about as much impact on the upcoming election as the Gun Control issue had on the 2004 election - pretty much zilch.

Your letting your excitement over Obama run roughshod over basic reasoning.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 07:34 pm
Quote:
Your letting your excitement over Obama run roughshod over basic reasoning.

There's a helluva lot of that going on.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 10:29 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I e-mailed Hillary and asked her to run as an independent...

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
...try to remember I'm not an idiot....

So far, indications are to the contrary.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 11:28 pm
Since your from chicago and you have first hand knowledge of the dishonesty of chicago politicians I think your intelligence is at question here not BPB's. I've voted democratic in the presidential race for 52 years but am now questioning the whole democratic machine. I don't like being told who to vote for by Dean or any other big shot democrat. Its obvious that the democratic machine set it up so Obama was a sure thing but that dosent mean I have to vote for him.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 12:27 am
rabel22 wrote:
Since your from chicago and you have first hand knowledge of the dishonesty of chicago politicians I think your intelligence is at question here not BPB's. I've voted democratic in the presidential race for 52 years but am now questioning the whole democratic machine. I don't like being told who to vote for by Dean or any other big shot democrat. Its obvious that the democratic machine set it up so Obama was a sure thing but that dosent mean I have to vote for him.

Obama has won this thing - and it's by only a few percentage points. That's the DNC setting it up so that he was a 'sure thing?'

If Hillary had had the money, or the prior planning, for all the February contests, she'd likely be the nominee at this point. That has nothing to do with Dean and everything to do with poor planning on their part.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 04:06 am
Bear,

I am wondering... what is your opinion of Ralph Nader?
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 05:31 am
rabel22 wrote:
Its obvious that the democratic machine set it up so Obama was a sure thing but that dosent mean I have to vote for him.

I'd really be interested in knowing how this is obvious to you since the process for this campaign session was setup through months of meetings between hundreds of Democratic Party leaders and elected officials over many, many months back in 2004 and early 2005.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 05:36 am
ensuring a McCain win is a win for a yet to be disclosed , vice president. McCain wont even complete a first term.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 05:59 am
The idea that the democratic machine conspired against the Clintons is pretty far-fetched... don't you think?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 06:43 am
ebrown_p wrote:
Bear,

I am wondering... what is your opinion of Ralph Nader?

as a consumer advocate he is sincere and has done some good things...
0 Replies