I Emailed Hillary

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 03:19 pm
and asked her to run as an independent...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,686 • Replies: 85
No top replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 03:20 pm
Re: I Emailed Hillary
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
and asked her to run as an independent...

She'd get my vote.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 03:21 pm
Well, that's certianly one way to hand the White House to McCain...
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 03:28 pm
fishin wrote:
Well, that's certianly one way to hand the White House to McCain...

Which would be OK too.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 03:30 pm
That's just great. While you're at it, why don't you e-mail Rush Limbaugh and ask him what your next move is, you...you...Republican!
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 03:33 pm
kickycan wrote:
That's just great. While you're at it, why don't you e-mail Rush Limbaugh and ask him what you're next move is, you...you...Republican!

C'mon.....McCain (who's at least 30% democrat) as President. And a possible VETO-PROOF House and Congress.

At worst, you have the house/congress moving their policies more towards the center, which is what everyone loved about the Clinton years.

Govern from the middle.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 03:35 pm
I am going to make a prediction right here, right now. No matter what they say now, I predict that Maporsche and Bi-Polar Bear both vote for Barack Obama come November.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 03:37 pm
sorry kick
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 03:38 pm
Don't be sorry. I know you'll do the right thing.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 03:38 pm
kickycan wrote:
I am going to make a prediction right here, right now. No matter what they say now, I predict that Maporsche and Bi-Polar Bear both vote for Barack Obama come November.

You may be right. I can think of two things that will guarentee that it will happen that way.

1) Clinton is on the ticket.
2) The SCOTUS strikes down the DC gun ban, and makes a ruling on the individual right to own 'arms'.

I still think Obama is wrong on healthcare, but my main concern right now is his position on gun control.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 03:58 pm
This is the most absurdly insulting thing anyone on this forum has ever said about Hillary Clinton. Talk about demonizing her!

If this were the case, say hello new justice "in the mold of" Scalia on the Supreme court. Say goodbye reproductive and civil rights.

Hillary is far better than to destroy the country like this. She will be fully behind the Democratic nominee fighting for a better America. She has said as much.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 03:59 pm
oh... and just out of curiosity. Did she email you back?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 04:01 pm
her campaign did and thanked me for my feedback and said they'd received many similar emails...
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 04:08 pm
That was very gracious of her.

But really, what would you think of a Democrat who would give up woman's rights, worker's rights and subject the country to an escalation in Iraq because of hurt feelings?

She is a certainly a better person than that.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 04:12 pm
maporsche wrote:
kickycan wrote:

You may be right. I can think of two things that will guarentee that it will happen that way.

1) Clinton is on the ticket.
2) The SCOTUS strikes down the DC gun ban, and makes a ruling on the individual right to own 'arms'.

I still think Obama is wrong on healthcare, but my main concern right now is his position on gun control.

Obama's position on health-care is essentially the exact same as Hillary's. Only extremely minor differences separate their plans. McCain on the other hand is completely, polar opposite of the two. But you would support him?

Why, for god's sake? Specifically, what issue does he support that you support - other then the goddamned 2nd amendment issue, which you damn well know Obama isn't going to change in any way?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 04:17 pm
It seems to me that the most important issues in this campaign for the vast number of Americans will be the war and the economy.

Following this, for most democrats, will be reproductive rights (particularly with the Supreme Court losing its balance) and labor/trade issues.

Are assault rifles really as important to you as these issues? If they are, it is hard to imagine how either Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama could have possibly earned your vote in the general election.

Hillary Clinton wrote:

We need to stand firm on behalf of sensible gun control legislation. We have to enact laws that will keep guns out of the hand of children and criminals and mentally unbalanced persons. Congress should have acted before our children started going back to school. I realize the NRA is a formidable political group; but I believe the American people are ready to come together as a nation and do whatever it takes to keep guns away from people who shouldn't have them.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 04:21 pm
Clinton/Lieberman forever.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 04:33 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
It seems to me that the most important issues in this campaign for the vast number of Americans will be the war and the economy.

Following this, for most democrats, will be reproductive rights (particularly with the Supreme Court losing its balance) and labor/trade issues.

While pretty much every survey in teh last 6 months agrees with you on the economy and the war NONE of them make any mention of repoductive rights or labor/trade issues as being anywhere near the top of anyone's list. They don't appear to be on anyone's radar except your own.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 04:36 pm
Did she enjoy the nude bear pics you attached?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 04:38 pm
fishin wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:

While pretty much every survey in teh last 6 months agrees with you on the economy and the war NONE of them make any mention of repoductive rights or labor/trade issues as being anywhere near the top of anyone's list. They don't appear to be on anyone's radar except your own.

You haven't noticed that I am prescient.

Reproductive rights weren't on anyone's radar in the primaries because there was no one to disagree with on either side. Just watch what happens in the general elections.

Labor/Trade issues were an increasingly important part of the Democratic primary (were you paying attention to OH and PA?).

I promise you that these will be very much on the radar...
0 Replies