ohhh... okay. the "h" threw me.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 03:01 pm
nimh wrote:
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

I PRESENT YOU....

THE FLIP SIDE!

(This is definitely not the side I'm on..)

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/2361/a2kliberalsflipsidecx3.png

I made it at last! Now I feel like part of the family.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 03:33 pm
Setanta wrote:
Beside being a lot of horseshit, this also continues to fail to be reasonably inclusive. Where's Cyclopticorn? Where's Parados? Both of them have often (in Cyclo's case, usually) been active on political threads.

Yeah I'd forgotten about Cyclo. Hell, there's so many! There's no way I can ever be "inclusive", I will always forget people.

Anyway, I remembered Cyclo when I was making the "flip side" map but he definitely needs to go on the other one, on the original one. So he's scheduled for when(ever) I do an update of that one...
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 03:34 pm
Robert Gentel wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Or perhaps you agree with the resident wingnut, here?

I agree that the political term "wingnut" is an abbreviation of "right wingnut".

I don't disagree.

I do disagree with the assertion that it is "exclusively" used to refer to conservatives ... which was the nit you were picking at.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 03:35 pm
engineer wrote:

Welcome, welcome... you're a rare breed though; you're actually on the cusp of the regular, ordinary, sane people circle. Not many who can say that.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 04:35 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
It would be nice to have this put together by someone who knows something about politics. I have been called a lot of things (whore, hag idiot in recent day here) but never a wing nut.

urbandictionary.com

wing nut

Short for "a right-wing nut". Popularized in blogs and throughout the Internet. Used to refer to those who unquestioningly accept and repeat right-wing propaganda no matter how outrageous or unbelieveable.

As opposed to normal conservatives who have relatively independent minds--those few that remain.

I suggested to nimh that he change it to "nutcase." Would that make you feel better?

Roxi, let me be clear that I don't mean that in a mean spirited way. I have only compassion for all of the groups that nimh is classifying here.

Also another silver lining here, if there are not many in your classification, you may qualify for minority status, and perhaps special treatment.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 04:38 pm
okie wrote:
I suggested to nimh that he change it to "nutcase." Would that make you feel better?

How about "Nutcase Moonbats"?

I, too, don't mean that in a mean spirited way.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2008 01:04 am
nimh wrote:
engineer wrote:

Welcome, welcome... you're a rare breed though; you're actually on the cusp of the regular, ordinary, sane people circle. Not many who can say that.

geez, I dint even make "angry men"....snif
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2008 10:55 am
I nominate snood for the Angry Men bubble.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2008 11:39 am
snood wrote:
nimh wrote:
engineer wrote:

He was afraid you'd get angry...

bada cha!

Very Happy
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2008 01:15 pm
Lash wrote:
snood wrote:
nimh wrote:
engineer wrote:

He was afraid you'd get angry...

bada cha!

Very Happy

Ooooh, that makes me so.... ANGRY!!!!!!!!

[size=7](see, nimh? I'm a shoo-in!)[/size]
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2008 01:43 pm
I made it to the fighters. C mon. C'mon . I'll moidelize ya. At least I'll get your dog.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2008 02:18 pm
nimh wrote:
Setanta wrote:
"yellow dog" is nothing but a pointless sneer.

I thought it had long since been taken up as a ... how do you call that in English ... when a group of people is called something, pejoratively, but at some point adopts the label itself, defiantly?

In Dutch we call it a "geuzennaam", after the Geuzen, who once upon a time battled for Dutch independence from Spain, and had adopted their name from what they were originally disparagingly called by the powers that be (gueux = beggars)...

"Yellow dog" is a term that was originally created by the Southern Democrats and was used to insult Republicans, in that they would vote for an old yellow dog before they'd vote for Republicans.

The yellow dog Democrats more-or-less morphed into the Dixiecrats in 1948, when the Northern Democrats realized how they were compromising their principles by allying themselves with the Southern Democrats.

Nowadays, "yellow dog Democrat" implies a racist, grudge-holding Southern conservative.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1948_Democratic_National_Convention
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dixiecrat
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_dog_Democrat
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2008 02:30 pm
DrewDad wrote:
"Yellow dog" is a term that was originally created by the Southern Democrats and was used to insult Republicans, in that they would vote for an old yellow dog before they'd vote for Republicans.

Quote:
"This Cat's Got the Yellow Dog Blues"
- origins of the term Yellow Dog
Source
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2008 02:31 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
I made it to the fighters. C mon. C'mon . I'll moidelize ya. At least I'll get your dog.

Oh yeah?!?? Well, Yo Mama wears combat boots! An' I ain't got no dawg....
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2008 03:17 pm
snood wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:

Oh yeah?!?? Well, Yo Mama wears combat boots! An' I ain't got no dawg....

Yeah. But, Dorothy does.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2008 04:13 pm
And I gave her those combat boots for mothers day.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 09:05 am
Cool! I get to be a double agent!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 08:14 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
DrewDad wrote:

Quote:
"This Cat's Got the Yellow Dog Blues"
- origins of the term Yellow Dog
Source

Check the Wiki article for references. "Yellow Dog" and "Yellow Dog Democrats" are not based on the same history.
0 Replies