Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2008 02:46 pm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 5,704 • Replies: 90
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2008 02:53 pm
I keep getting confused because whenever anyone says Jessica Simpson I think they mean Lisa Simpson.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 07:12 am
It's a lot easier to dye one's hair than one's face.

I'm more concerned about Clown Discrimination, personally.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 10:20 am
I don't discriminate against haircolor.
Jessica Simpson didn't start out as a blonde, she was dumb as a
brunette too. Dto. for her sister, who seems to have even less brain capacity.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 10:30 am
Forrest Gump "proved" intelligence is overrated.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 10:42 am
Intelligence is over-rated. But, Jessica Simpson still seems dumb to me.

And, trust this not really blond chick - blondes sometimes get hired BECAUSE they are blonde......
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 12:31 pm
Ok I can't resist on this one. I am as blonde as blonde can get. Every hair on my body. And I am living proof that being blonde sometimes makes your life harder.....sometimes makes it easier. There is a certain stigma. Every blonde joke that has ever been .......has probably been told to me.
Also being blonde ...makes some guys just assume that you are cheap. Or at least hope you are. Especially on college campus's. Most of the time, in a crowd, if I make a mistake or do something off the wall, someone attributes it to me being blonde.

Being labeled stupid because you are blonde. Yep...can and does happen too!

But surely, people do KNOW that it's just plain crazy. Right? Otherwise I need to stop studying because come June.....I fully expect to be on the deans list.

And that ladies and gentlemen ......is the life of this blonde. I'm not cheap. I'm not stupid. I'm not helpless. You'd be amazed at the things I've learned to do. And yeah, I can change the oil in my car. Change my tires. And even sometimes fix things that break down around the house. Or at least figure out what's wrong and my dad fixes it.

Smile So when I get a blonde joke or a cheap remark from someone that doesn't know me......I just say phhhhhttttt "bring it on!"

All that being said......I do laugh because it's mostly done in fun. And what's not done in fun is not worth my time or effort to give it a second thought. Ya know?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 12:32 pm
People act blond because it is fun and it is profitable. Guys eat it up and gals think that other gals acting blond is cute. When it stops working people will stop doing it.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 12:49 pm
hawkeye10 wrote:
Guys eat it up and gals think that other gals acting blond is cute. .

Actually, I hate to see other girls "acting blonde." It just feeds into the frenzy.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 12:59 pm
I'm very curious now where these generalizations originated!

Anybody know?

The easy, dumb blond..

The firey redhead..

The more stable, sophisticated brunette...

???
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 01:06 pm
mushypancakes wrote:
I'm very curious now where these generalizations originated!

Anybody know?

The easy, dumb blond..

The firey redhead..

The more stable, sophisticated brunette...

???

The motion picture industry I think.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 01:10 pm
JustBrooke wrote:
hawkeye10 wrote:
Guys eat it up and gals think that other gals acting blond is cute. .

Actually, I hate to see other girls "acting blonde." It just feeds into the frenzy.

when she was younger my wife ( a smart blond) felt the same way, but fighting constantly upstream gets exhausting. Now she plays the part when it will work to her advantage.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 01:16 pm
hawkeye10 wrote:

when she was younger my wife ( a smart blond) felt the same way, but fighting constantly upstream gets exhausting. Now she plays the part when it will work to her advantage.

Yeah, I can understand that. And when you put it that way....I guess if society is gonna label us, we might as well get something out of it. I can't say that I haven't used "being female" to get out of tickets when I get pulled over for speeding. Works like a charm. :wink: All you have to do is smile and be nice. Cops are pretty easy.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 01:20 pm
I have always placed brunettes on the top of my list, followed by redheads and the occasional woman who prefers to dye her hair green or even a subtle shade of pink, but blondes have inexplicably remained at the bottom of my list, probably because of the "shimmering effect", made so famous by the brilliant German philosopher Kraus Dusbarg.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 01:21 pm
Ironically and humorously my first wife was German, blond, and HOT and her name was Ulla!
Quote:
ULLA:

Ven you got it, flaunt it
Step right up and strut your stuff
People tell you modesty's a wirtue
But in the theatre modesty can hurt you
Ven you got it, flaunt it
Show your assets, let them know you're proud
Your goodies you must push
Stick out your chest, shake your tush
Ven you got it, shout it out loud
Now Ulla dance.
Ven you got it, show it
Put your hidden treasures on display
Violinists love to play an E-string
But audiences really love a G-string
Ven you got it, should it!
Let the whole vorld hear vat you're about
Clothes may make the man
All a girl needs is a tan
Ven you got it, let it hang out!
Remember ven Ulla dance?
MAX & LEO:
Yeah!
ULLA:
Ulla dance again!
Ven I was yust a little girl in Sveden
My thoughtful mother gave me this advice
If nature blesses you from top to bottom
Show that top to bottom, don't think twice
Now Ulla belt!
Don't think twice!
Ven you got it, share it
Let the public feast upon your charms
People say that being prim is proper
But ev'ry showgirl knows that prim will stop her
If you got it, give it
Don't be selfish, give it all a-vay
Don't be shy, be bold 'n' cute
Show the boys your birthday suit
Ven you got it, if you got it
Once you got it, shout out hooray!

http://www.lyricsondemand.com/soundtracks/p/producerslyrics/whenyougotitflauntitlyrics.html
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 06:13 pm
JustBrooke wrote:
Ok I can't resist on this one. I am as blonde as blonde can get. Every hair on my body. And I am living proof that being blonde sometimes makes your life harder.....sometimes makes it easier. There is a certain stigma. Every blonde joke that has ever been .......has probably been told to me.
Also being blonde ...makes some guys just assume that you are cheap. Or at least hope you are. Especially on college campus's. Most of the time, in a crowd, if I make a mistake or do something off the wall, someone attributes it to me being blonde.

Being labeled stupid because you are blonde. Yep...can and does happen too!

But surely, people do KNOW that it's just plain crazy. Right? Otherwise I need to stop studying because come June.....I fully expect to be on the deans list.

And that ladies and gentlemen ......is the life of this blonde. I'm not cheap. I'm not stupid. I'm not helpless. You'd be amazed at the things I've learned to do. And yeah, I can change the oil in my car. Change my tires. And even sometimes fix things that break down around the house. Or at least figure out what's wrong and my dad fixes it.

Smile So when I get a blonde joke or a cheap remark from someone that doesn't know me......I just say phhhhhttttt "bring it on!"

All that being said......I do laugh because it's mostly done in fun. And what's not done in fun is not worth my time or effort to give it a second thought. Ya know?
There you are, my darling. Sweet new avatar! If I've told you once, I've told you 100 times; just let me know if you need anything fixed. :wink:
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 06:22 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
There you are, my darling. Sweet new avatar! If I've told you once, I've told you 100 times; just let me know if you need anything fixed. :wink:

Well, I might be able to think of a few things you can "fix" Twisted Evil
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 06:37 pm
Okay. I'll gather my tools and be over in about 7 hours...
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 06:41 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Okay. I'll gather my tools and be over in about 7 hours...

Gathering your tools? You only need one, darlin' :wink:

I am such a bad little girl tonight!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 06:47 pm
I like to be thorough... but I'll bring your favorite one too. :wink:
0 Replies