Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 05:13 pm
As do I.

We are metatints.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 05:16 pm
Francis wrote:
Setanta wrote:
If you could stop being a medium brown color for a few years, Snood, . . .

Snood is a medium?

Who knew! Cool

Heh. He looks a lot taller than that in photos I've seen of him.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 05:20 pm
okie wrote:
snood wrote:
Okie's recommendation about racial strife is "forget it for awhile, and the problem will subside".

Dang. (slapping forehead with heel of palm) So simple.

My point is extremely valid. Alot of times, the simplest solutions work better. Have you heard of self fulfilling prophecy, snood? I think if people would quit obsessing over it, the problem would subside. Keep picking at a sore, and it won't heal. You know as well as I that if anyone is looking for a fight, they will find one.

Had you posted this over on the Obama thread in the midst of the Republican orgy over Reverend Wright, I would actually think you were quite sincere and very prophetic.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 05:27 pm
Here's a great quote from McCain from 2000

Quote:
Neither party should be defined by pandering to the outer reaches of American politics and the agents of intolerance, whether they be Louis Farrakhan or Al Sharpton on the left, or Pat Robertson or Jerry Falwell on the right.
http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03072008/watch.html

McPander? McCharacterless? McFlipflop?
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 09:33 pm
Butrflynet wrote:
okie wrote:
snood wrote:
Okie's recommendation about racial strife is "forget it for awhile, and the problem will subside".

Dang. (slapping forehead with heel of palm) So simple.

My point is extremely valid. Alot of times, the simplest solutions work better. Have you heard of self fulfilling prophecy, snood? I think if people would quit obsessing over it, the problem would subside. Keep picking at a sore, and it won't heal. You know as well as I that if anyone is looking for a fight, they will find one.

Had you posted this over on the Obama thread in the midst of the Republican orgy over Reverend Wright, I would actually think you were quite sincere and very prophetic.

It is not us that is picking at the sore, it is the Wright and apparently Obama philosophy. I say apparently, because he supported this guy for 20 years. We are simply criticizing those people that want to continue to pick on the sore, continue to talk about, dwell on, and make race an issue. I am personally sick of it, and I am going to make that feeling known in regard to politicians that buy into racist philosophies. I will not vote for those kinds of politicians and I will express my opinion accordingly.

By the way, today I heard Michael Steele and Jesse Lee Peterson on the Hannity show today, and they strongly criticized Wright, Obama, and others like Farakhan. I still remember the great speech Steele gave at the RNC, and I said he was so much better than Obama that it was pathetic, but its Obama that the MSM trumps up as some shining young politician. It is irritating to say the least that the press props up the marginal types and ignores the best that we have.

You can bet that if it was Michael Steele running today instead of Obama, he would not have made race the issue as we have today. He would be running on policy and conservative values.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 12:12 am
Quote:
It is not us that is picking at the sore, ... We are simply criticizing those people
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 05:28 am
Butrflynet wrote:
Quote:
It is not us that is picking at the sore, ... We are simply criticizing those people

I know...a-frickin-mazing, isn't it?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 07:29 am
snood wrote:
Butrflynet wrote:
Quote:

It isn't really. It's quite predictable. The 'information' sources all these people attend to are striving mightily to keep this issue in play because they believe that it will work for them as a 'swift boat' strategy. I think that where any of us now continue to engage this silliness, we end up merely enhancing the swiftboat effort. The following piece by Manjoo is not merely pertinent, it's really something we critically need to understand...
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/16/magazine/16wwln-idealab-t.html
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 10:49 am
snood wrote:
Butrflynet wrote:
Quote:

Look, it is your man, Obama that is in bed with racists, not me. I am simply pointing it out. For you people to plead innocent is pathetic. You are the people engaged in the activity, so to point it out does not mean we are engaged in the activity. But I don't suppose you could ever see this, there is an emotional attachment to your man, Barack, that completely blinds you to reality.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 10:55 am
okie wrote:
I am simply pointing it out
And a fucki*ng genius you are, I'm so glad if have your insight to guide as imbeciles to the light of your truth.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 11:04 am
Just a suggestion, learn how to spell, dys, that would be a good start for somebody like yourself that considers yourself so enlightened.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 11:13 am
Okie, it might carry more weight to punctuate correctly when criticizing a man on his spelling.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 11:36 am
Well, I am very very sorry. I have committed a terrible sin here to comment on dys's spelling, but he can go into the gutter, call people idiots and much, much worse by the way, but I guess that doesn't matter. If that is the worst anyone can do to retort about spelling, then I am deathly sorry, I beg everyone's forgiveness.

I am frankly surprised dys has not been kicked off this forum long ago for his personal insults. I have not resorted to reporting his routine off the scale comments, but he would deserve it, not that it would do any good.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 11:38 am
You give as good as you get.

Crocodile tears no workie here.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 11:39 am
Tell that to dys, Rockhead.

Look at his post and see who went lower below the belt. Case closed.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 11:41 am
We talk frequently, as a matter of fact, and it would amaze you to know exactly how truly understanding he is...
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 11:42 am
Perhaps it would amaze me.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 11:43 am
Did you say case closed, or mind closed, I missed that.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 11:44 am
I suppose you claim everyone else's mind on this forum is open, is that it?
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 11:46 am
I certainly do not try to speak for any group.

Might be advice well taken.
0 Replies