Am I wrong?

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 08:16 am
I seem to be reading an undercurrent of submerged racism across the american right as well as A2K. Could this be true or am I paranoid?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 5,440 • Replies: 141
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 08:18 am
Re: Am I wrong?
dyslexia wrote:
I seem to be reading an undercurrent of submerged racism across the american right as well as A2K. Could this be true or am I paranoid?

Guess if it's gonna show, it'll show right now....
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 08:24 am
Ummm...across America....I see that the voices of American right wing (Limbaugh etc.) has always been on the racist side and it's hardly submerged. That much isn't new, as far as I've seen. On A2K, it's hard to tell because I don't give it too much attention.

I don't interact at all on right wing threads. When the right wing on A2K spouts off (just as I do), it's ONLY another opinion, so I ignore it for the most part. The good thing is that if they had any REAL power, they'd be out in the real world doing REAL damage.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 08:26 am
There are all sorts of currents going on here and not only by the right. Have you detected the slant against being educated? I've never seen "college educated" used as a slam before. But I can't say that any of it is atypical.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 08:26 am
It is not just the right who are racists. Those on the left who planted this 20 year old information to come out now are also to be included in your rant.

Do you not find it the least bit curious that Mrs. Bill Clinton was probably the one who thought it was a good time to get this 20 year old story out in the open in order to advance he racists agenda?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 08:31 am
America has played up the importance of race for 60 years, so if course it matters. "see me as a black (or whatever) man, but don't treat me like a black (or whatever) man" is a classic double bind. It is not possible to have it both ways.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 08:31 am
Those on the left who planted this 20 year old information to come out now are also to be included in your rant. I offered a rant? You are an idiot!
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 08:44 am
Oh..I thought of at least one exception to the right wing racist pack. Ronald Reagan wasn't a racist. I'm sure there are many more too. McCain's not.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 08:53 am
dyslexia wrote:
Could this be true or am I paranoid?

Can't it be both?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 08:55 am
joefromchicago wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
Could this be true or am I paranoid?

Can't it be both?
Yes it may very well be true, I don't know.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 09:03 am
Dys
Am I a racist because I didn't vote for Barack Obama?

BBB
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 09:20 am
No. Has anyone suggested you were?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 09:29 am
nimh
nimh wrote:

No, but several have implied that I'm stupid.

BBB
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 09:33 am
Re: nimh
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
nimh wrote:

BBB

I can't imagine that based on the quality of posts you routinely send out. Does one example stand out?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 09:34 am
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

OK. People have called me stupid too. Racist is quite a different matter.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 09:50 am
This question has traveled through my mind (wonder if others think this):

Are racists stupid? I've seen too many examples of book-smart people who are racist, but I never equate the booksmart with actually BEING smart. As Forrest Gump might say, "Smart is as smart does". To highly understate matters, being racist is just not smart.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 11:03 am
dyslexia wrote:
Those on the left who planted this 20 year old information to come out now are also to be included in your rant. I offered a rant? You are an idiot!

Then why did you not include "those on the left" in your original post?

You can't win the battle of ideas so call me an idiot only for trying to argue a point of fact with you.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 01:17 pm
dyslexia wrote:

The only thing you are wrong about is believing it is submerged....oh, and that is just on the right side of American society.

I think it is more of a generational thing, in all the races.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 01:26 pm
dyslexia wrote:
neither its a true-annoyed.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 02:10 pm
Oh yeah. To what degree, we'll soon understand.

But our view is presently being warped by what the rightwing smear machinery is now spreading and attempting to achieve.

As with the 'dangers' of Sadaam, as with the 'danger' of anthrax, as with the 'dangers' of Islam and national security, as with the 'dangers' of electing Gore or Kerry or any democrat...this very effective propaganda enterprise is promoting the fear of black culture and a black president.

How many americans bite is the unknown. But those earlier cases don't make for optimism.
0 Replies