Walking On Carpeting With Bare Feet

CodeBorg

Reply Tue 27 May, 2003 04:10 am
Aaaaahhhhhh..... bare feet on a carpet! Life is good!

I've noticed some people take extraordinary care of fine things ... and never actually use them. Pride removes them from the experience of living.

So when deciding between what I'm "supposed to" do with something and what I "really ought to" do, to live and live well, I just have a teenager or child use the carpet for awhile, and watch what they do. They don't care! Whatever comes naturally to them is the natural thing, that produces maximum appreciation, love, and LIFE!

It's all about enjoying everything, and rubbing my feet in the carpet, rolling around on it, and using every bit of it up is why I paid money to buy it. That's what money is FOR, to buy more carpets!

Kids know this wisdom without even thinking, so when they spill goop on it, the only response I can possibly have is to smile. Thank you! Thank you for using another fine piece ... of the carpet that is life.

(BTW, I don't have any kids, so I just rent my neighbors' and friends'. :-)
And they learn how to clean up for themselves too, what a great oppurtunity! :wink: )

Yeah I know. I'm weird oh well.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 27 May, 2003 08:27 am
Geez, CodeBorg, I thought you WERE a teenager!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 27 May, 2003 10:58 am
thanks for the reminder, CodeBorg. It's time to do some rolling on the carpet with the dogs again! Very Happy
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Tue 27 May, 2003 02:14 pm
:-):-D:-)

I love being a teenager
(esp. at my age!)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 11:34 am
Jumping in after reading only part of first page of posts...
(I have to go to work soon), I am here to vote for using things, including carpets. I guess I agree about the slippers vs bare feet business.

On silver, through various life mishaps and unconcern I had accumulated no silver, and I like silver. Another story, I should never have told my husband I like silver jewelry, I should have said I like emeralds and rubies. Anyway, on my own and having a little money about four years ago, I went to a Antiques Weekend thing, and looked at the silver.
I ended up buying plate that was the same price as a bunch of solid silver patterns I didn't like so much. So I have this lovely set with grapes and vines all over the stems or handles. Use the silver every day, what the hell, I use it by myself.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 11:52 am
I have all hardwood floors. Want to know why? I can't have carpet because I conduct static electricity very easily. If I walk on carpet in my bare feet, I cringe the next time I touch metal or a light switch because I get a nasty shock. So no carpets for me!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 11:38 pm
http://www.borge.diesal.de/schiel.gif
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 11:23 am
That would be why my hair stands up like that. And you thought it was gel and hours of tweaking, right?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 02:20 pm
Hehe Heeven, no!
Actually there was another post here last night from
a foot fetish and he got my emoticon reaction.

But I love the way your hair is styled.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 02:58 pm
Heeven, you are a riot..
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 02:59 pm
Sob! Nawbody luvs me!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 03:12 pm
Heeven, are you more "electric" than most people? Like getting out of the car produces a shock that makes you say "OUCH!"? I have this problem...I can't figure out why.....
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 03:42 pm
Zzzzzzz - pppffft

<<shriek!>>
0 Replies

RichardRich44471

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 09:39 pm
:-)
i like bare feet. do any of you men or women walk barefooted? or wear shoes with no socks during the day?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 10:55 pm
Why yes! I believe our resident gustavratzenhofer does.
Have you met him?
0 Replies

RichardRich44471

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 07:13 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
Why yes! I believe our resident gustavratzenhofer does.
Have you met him?
i think i would prefer not to meet him. he might bethat guy that attaches the photo of the animal's hooves or something icky like that.
0 Replies

Kehoe

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 08:36 pm
I love walking around in bare feet.
I only wear shoes if I have to. Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

pablo61

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2017 08:43 pm
@Phoenix32890,
I'm not a carpet expert, but as an engineer I have studied "membrane switches" in electronic products. You'll notice that high-use keypads are always completely flat (e.g., gas pump keypad, or microwave oven). You don't get any tactile feedback because it would cause more movement, and reduce life. Springy membrane switches simply wear out faster.

Keep in mind that residential carpet padding is quite spongy, compared to commercial carpet. As such, it's easy to imagine that when the ball or heel of your foot steps into a residential carpet, the carpet is stretched, due to the padding, it wears out. Compared to a clean shoe that distributes the weight over a larger area (or at the conceptual extreme, let's say big clown shoes), it would seem to damage more. Not to mention any dirt that sticks to oils and moisture on the bare foot.

My guess is that indoor slippers are the best solution, then perhaps clean shoes (other than high heels), then bare feet or socked feet.
0 Replies

cameronleon

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2017 10:54 pm
I don't have wall to wall carpet but sporadic rugs in front of entrance doors to clean up shoes when coming home. Wood floor is better to our taste. Walking wearing socks in glossy wood floor is a delight.

One neighbor and his family enjoy walking without shoes in his house which has wall to wall carpet.

I truly don't see any body oils causing dirt accumulation on the carpet, the whole house looks clean and neat... still, one day playing around, getting drunk and doing crazy thinks like fighting as a game, my face touched the floor... and I noticed that the carpet smelled like feet...
0 Replies