Walking On Carpeting With Bare Feet

blatham

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 08:08 pm
That's lovely and moving - a Prayer to Congoleum. I'd like that on a plaster plaque with grapes running up the sides.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 08:13 pm
i think i inhaled some ryvita with the latest snort.
piffka, a msterpiece <brava brava>
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 08:17 pm
Glad you liked it. It is Sunday, after all.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 08:18 pm
Piffka

Where in Washington is the colorfully named Bombay?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 08:20 pm
So. Puget Sound
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 08:23 pm
I grew up on Vaughn Bay... when I was young we got to calling it Bombay. (Comes from spending time in Mexico I guess. V's sounding like B's, etc.) I had my real home town, Gig Harbor, up but decided since this forum was growing so fast that I'd slightly disquise where I'm from.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 08:23 pm
Piffka

What happened to Gig Harbour - great name??? Bombay? Question
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 08:25 pm
woops - we posted at the same time - and I tried to anglicise Gig Harbor (very difficult to type that!)
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 08:46 pm
Piffka

Thank you for the info. I shall keep it close and reveal it to no one even if tortured.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 08:48 pm
Well, I live in the Gig, but I keep a place at "Bombay" as well... and as Mr. Blatham says, it is more colorful... or was that more colourful?

Actually Gig Harbour sets a very nice tone.... maybe I should ask the city fathers (and mothers) to adopt the Empire's spelling?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 08:50 pm
Oh my, all this dual posting.

Blatham, Thank you! I suspect, if you have the kind of memory I have, you will have forgotten this closely guarded secret by morning, but I forgive you in advance.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 09:32 pm
Thank you kindly for the preforgiveness chit. Is it transferable?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 09:47 pm
Of course. Are you expecting to need blanket absolution?

<note to self --must be wilder in BC than previously understood-->
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 11:25 pm
Well, I probably need it, but we ought not to start or Luther will be nailing his rants to our front door.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 10:31 am
It is past Halloween. He'll have to wait until next year.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 05:29 pm
Beware, Lutherans are everywhere.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 05:40 pm
Where? Where? But hah, I'm not afraid of Lutherans (I've read Garrison Keillor).

I was referring to the day he nailed his 99 Theses to the door.... October 31.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 06:00 pm
Ahhhh, Pifka ... large, free-roaming dogs, dear freinds in comfy boots, those are treasures well beyond the measure of mere carpet. We have, as is common in farm country, a "Mud Room", a sort of foyer off the back door ... the floor is heavy tile, easily washed. A clever brush-and-blade bootscraper and a large coir rug reside there, but do not much impress the dogs. Befitting the dignity of houses of such vintage as ours, the floors are for the most part wear-polished, richly scarred, "wonder what stories it would tell", thoroughly welcoming wood, accessorized where appropriate with throw and area rugs. The rugs are periodically treated to a session with a cumbersome, noisy but quite effective steam carpet cleaner. Here, shoes/boots are a personal matter; wear them or not as you wish. I do so often, the dogs never do, the Lutherans usually do.

timber
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 06:07 pm
Timber - Yup that sounds like home sweet home. Half our main floor is wood with scattered rugs, the other half is carpeted. We all roam freely and happily.

The Queen Mother used to say that it was important to make the dogs feel happy & wanted, even near the valuable furnishings... so she had dry towels stationed discreetly near every doorway. So do I. My dogs are concerned if I don't want to give them a good rubdown after they've been out in the rain.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 06:45 pm
Speaking as a currently shoe-wearing Lutheran, I'll give you fair warning piffka - we lurk everywhere.
0 Replies