Datin A Women who's Husband Died recently

BLINKY17

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 11:02 pm
the concept of how my friends know so much is that i asked some of my girl n guy friends there advice on the stuff that was happenign early on, i dont say every single thing that happens, but i would agree here.

the guys say its just a sex thing

the girls say its a emotional connection but could turn into something,

the main thing i take is that its gonna be a slow process, i just need to figure out, how i can get her to open up to me more, and to follow what she says, i mean she very flaky lol ... she even admits that her self ... she has said that she wants me to meet her kids, get coffee , this n that ... but nothing has happened except meeting at class twice and plenty of texts n calls n emails ... i know she having issues .. i just wanna be there for her ... im not trying to secure a relationship yet, i just wanna get my feet in the door so to say , i wanna get to know her ... i wanna hang out with her ... i wanna do stuff with her and kids .... i wanna basically start a friendship and hopefully it turns into a relationship.

As you will all agree, i overthink stuff Way to much
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 11:49 pm
RH If you think there was anything suggestive in that, you have rocks in your head (well yeah, I couldn't resist that last bit...sad I know)

And Blinky I'm sure you've noticed most everyone here overthinks stuff.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2008 12:55 am
vikorr wrote:
RH If you think there was anything suggestive in that, you have rocks in your head (well yeah, I couldn't resist that last bit...sad I know)

And Blinky I'm sure you've noticed most everyone here overthinks stuff.

I did not understand RH so I let it go.

Vikorr, I don't have you figured out yet so I don't know if we come from the same place. For me intimate relationship is about the dance, the passion. Long ago my wife used to say "I want us to be best friends" to which I said "I have all the friends I want, I need a wife". Well, we are best friends now, but after 22 years we still f*ck with passion and fight with passion. Bottom line....we are not here on earth for very many years, I don't plan on sleeping through them. You will not see me playing it safe very often. Hopefully you will not find me reckless either.

Blinky: please tell us that you are seeing other women. A 32 year old with two kids may be good for some good times and good sex, but a responsible long term bet she is not. The best you can reasonably hope for is to be her toy, and you ain't there yet. To be the toy you need to be in it for the fun, and be able to resist taking it all seriously unless she decides that you are possibly the one who could be her mate. You've got some big ideas, but what have you gotten out of her besides text messages? What makes you think that you have a shot here?
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2008 01:27 am
Quote:
Vikorr, I don't have you figured out yet so I don't know if we come from the same place.

I didn't mean that we come from the same place (and it doesn't really seem that way to me) - just that the views you express have a large number of similarities to the views I hold (there are of course, differences).
0 Replies

BLINKY17

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2008 03:15 am
Well she has replied to me yet again lol, she sent me an email tonight which i just got about 30 mins ago,

she basically thanked me for posting on her husbands online obituary guest book thing , said it was very thoughtful of me, and said she hopes im doing well,

so now i gotta decide ... do i contact her or not ... im leaning towards replying in an email later this morning and just be like ... hey glad your back , was worried , hope all is well , work is super busy this week , do you got any plans for so n so date , have a good day , Dustin

any opinions?
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2008 05:55 am
Hi,

Well ill start off straight to the point, i met an older lady who passed away suddenly about 7 months ago........
0 Replies

BLINKY17

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2008 04:30 pm
hmmmmm
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2008 04:33 pm
..........and I said "death becomes you my bonny lass".
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2008 04:56 pm
For some reason, I first read that as "Death becomes you my bony ass..."

...it was AFTER it didn't make any sense that I reread 'bonny lass'.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2008 08:34 pm
With the toe bone connected
to the foot bone,
and the foot bone connected
to the ankle bone,
and the ankle bone connected
to the leg bone.
Oh mercy how they scare!
0 Replies

BLINKY17

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 12:38 am
I still havent done anything yet, but i believe im going to reply later tonight to her email with Your Welcome .... simple and kinda straight to point, doesnt leave any chads or anything to try to think about .. then ill prob. end up calling her monday or something ... if i dont hear from her
0 Replies

BLINKY17

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 03:18 am
Well i never heard from her today or anything, so i simply sent her an email just as we speak saying Your welcome!

so hopefully ill hear from her tomorrow ... i miss her though
0 Replies

BLINKY17

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 06:36 pm
well she sent me ( and others) pictures of her trip, i actually called her and left her a message, im not gonna play the waiting game, i just gotta be my self and not come off so strongly
0 Replies

BLINKY17

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 12:40 pm
????
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 01:11 pm
It shouldn't surprise you, Blinky, that I'm glad you're giving up on the game. Take you cues from her and keep your eyes open to the possibility that her attentions are a rebound reaction to her recent loss.

Good luck and keep us posted.
0 Replies