Boston Gathering, February 22-24, 2008 - With Thomas!

littlek

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 07:08 pm
Hmmm, FM boots? I've heard of FM pumps. Are they similar but boots?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 07:13 pm
Dang, now Slappy's voice is in my head. And, and, he's telling me where the combo brothel/used car dealership is (insert your own joke here).
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 07:21 pm
littlek wrote:
Good guess fishin!

We didn't know Slappy was such an artist. But, after seeing my etching, he decided to show us one of his. I gave him a pad and a pen and he made this masterpiece for me to keep!

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i175/Gigipix/Miscellaneous/slappydrawssmall.jpg

It was a really nice time. Thanks to everyone for coming and leaving us with enough beer to get us through to spring.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i175/Gigipix/In%20and%20Around%20Cambridge/wheelchairbball2.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i175/Gigipix/In%20and%20Around%20Cambridge/wheelchairbball1b.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i175/Gigipix/In%20and%20Around%20Cambridge/wheelchairbball1.jpg
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 07:33 pm
As the guy who really is handicapped is laughing in the corner, a tear slowly forms in his eye as Littlek rises from the chair and effortlessly walks away.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 07:42 pm
mac11 wrote:
I'm glad you all had a good time. Did Thomas' voice come back?

Part of it. I could talk, but I talked like a zombie, which I don't usually do. (But of course the people assembled at Kris and Dasha's didn't know that.) Dasha's Fernet certainly helped. Fernet is South European booze with lots of herbs in it, most of them on the bitter side. Whether it's the alcohol or the herbs that did it, it helped my voice come back somewhat, and stay back.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 07:43 pm
slappy wrote:
As the guy who really is handicapped is laughing in the corner, a tear slowly forms in his eye as Littlek rises from the chair and effortlessly walks away.

not if he gets hit with the basketball first.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 07:53 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
hope you had a good trip home Thomas, next time you have to spend some more time seeing the city.

I did, and I will. As Kris had predicted, the train ride from Boston to Metropark, NJ was georgeous. At first, it's mostly through forest; you see nothing but a lot of trees. Not bad, considering their pretty snow-cover (and sometimes even prettier ice rain cover). But just as this gets a little boring, you see the forest interrupted with little swampy lakes. Andjust when you think that isn't so exciting either, the forest to my left disappears entirely, opening spectacular view of the ocean. For the next hour or so, the train rides past one spectacularly lit bay to the next. And half an hour after that, you pass this whole-year Christmas tree that is Manhattan.

Sincerely recommended.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 07:56 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
slappy wrote:

not if he gets hit with the basketball first.

Hey! Slappy is supposed to be the nasty one! Don't make me come up to Boston next Easter, go Slovakian on you, and rob you of your Fernet!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 07:56 pm
http://www.sweb.cz/No.8./fernet2.jpg

Fernet stock, or the bitters.... herb based liquor, similar to Pimm's, I think
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 07:58 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Who shot the cat?

LittleK. And the whole group sat besides, watched, and made approving comments. That's the kind of people you meet on the internet.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 07:58 pm
Littlek: F.M boots = f**k me boots.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 08:00 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Littlek: F.M boots = f**k me boots.

yeah. I understood that part.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 08:05 pm
how did the conversation turn to FM boots?

And are they related to FM radio?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 08:05 pm
woman, are you clean yet, can we watch the movie now?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 08:14 pm
Was that a Borat quote? (I only watched the first third of the movie.) If not, I'll have to learn that line in Slovakian to give it the proper, mean-sounding intonation.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 08:24 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
woman, are you clean yet, can we watch the movie now?

You two are so cute together.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 08:40 pm
Just to say you guys look like your evening was one to remember. Glad you all had lovely time time. Glad someone snapped the Slappy Doo Hoo - he seemed to be avoiding Rolling Eyes

Nice to put pics to face.

Pleased you had fun Smile
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 08:59 pm
another utterance from last night --
    the thing about rugby is, sometimes the knees go the wrong way...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 09:04 pm
So, it has been agreed that the next gathering will take place at a minor league baseball game. Slappy offered to come in spandex leggins - for the benefit of humankind.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 09:14 pm
Quote:
for the benefit of humankind.

oh, the humanity...
0 Replies