Romney Quits (what a big disappointment.)

blatham

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2008 03:43 pm
parados wrote:
Would the first miracle be to find the "War Czar?"

LOL...yes, maybe.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2008 02:52 am
blatham wrote:
finn said
Quote:
My bet is that he [Huckabee] has a two pronged strategy.

Become the de facto leader of the evangelicals and secure a cabinet post.
Health & Human Services or Education.

He may try for VP, but he'll never get it and he has no qualifications for one of the Big Four: State, Defense, Treasury and Attorney General

My guess is a new cabinet-level post named by McCain prior to the general election as a means to help encourage the evangelicals to come out in November. Something like Miracle Czar.

You know, I'm beginning to think Huckabee actually believes that a "miracle" is going to give him the nomination.

For his sake I hope the miracle he prayed for was to become president. If he limited it to winning the nomination, he's in trouble. I don't think God makes it a practice to grant two miracles.

If he's serious about this miracle thing, and I think he is, it means he believes God wants him to be president and will do anything it takes to make it so. America is in trouble if Huck wins thanks to a "miracle."
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2008 07:39 am
finn, theologizing, begat the following:
Quote:
I don't think God makes it a practice to grant two miracles....If he's serious about this miracle thing, and I think he is, it means he believes God wants him to be president and will do anything it takes to make it so. America is in trouble if Huck wins thanks to a "miracle."

I'm not clear here, finn.

The first part I get; our God is not a promiscuous God and His Miracles aren't little tart-gifts strewn willynilly and that Heavenly Axioms determine that, to quote this one, "His Miracles Shall Not Strike The Same Baptists Twice, Sorry". I get that part of it.

But I'm not sure if the first miracle you identify is Huckabee besting (with his smooth round pebble) the larger Romney which then must disallow Huck a second in besting McCain.

Or is it that the applicable Heavenly Axiom won't permit two Presidents in immediate sequence who believed God wanted them to be president and would do anything it takes to make it so?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2008 08:43 am
I think he's saying he fears the sceptre of President Huck saying, "God got me here, I'm gonna keep Him happy, so I'm going to do that by [insert scurrilous religion-based decrees here]."

I share that fear.

I don't think Huckabee can actually make it, but if he does, eek!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2008 08:51 am
Huckadecrees and Huckablessings. Huckabeatitudes and Huckascience. Huckanomics and Huckalove. There's a huck of a world up ahead.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2008 11:31 am
blatham wrote:
finn, theologizing, begat the following:
Quote:
I don't think God makes it a practice to grant two miracles....If he's serious about this miracle thing, and I think he is, it means he believes God wants him to be president and will do anything it takes to make it so. America is in trouble if Huck wins thanks to a "miracle."

I'm not clear here, finn.

The first part I get; our God is not a promiscuous God and His Miracles aren't little tart-gifts strewn willynilly and that Heavenly Axioms determine that, to quote this one, "His Miracles Shall Not Strike The Same Baptists Twice, Sorry". I get that part of it.

But I'm not sure if the first miracle you identify is Huckabee besting (with his smooth round pebble) the larger Romney which then must disallow Huck a second in besting McCain.

Or is it that the applicable Heavenly Axiom won't permit two Presidents in immediate sequence who believed God wanted them to be president and would do anything it takes to make it so?

I'm happy to explain blatham.

The first miracle, which if granted has yet to be made known is defeating John McCain and winning the nomination, The second, would be winning the presidency.

Keep in mind another Heavenly Axiom "All secular humanists who blaspheme shall, for all eternity, burn in the fiery pits of hell."
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2008 11:32 am
blatham wrote:
Huckadecrees and Huckablessings. Huckabeatitudes and Huckascience. Huckanomics and Huckalove. There's a huck of a world up ahead.

He might pull it off. He comes from a long line of hucksters.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2008 11:39 am
blatham wrote:

And here on A2K:

"F*ckabee is a liar!"

"All you Huckleberries just get in lockstep with your hero The Huckster!"

"Saint Huckabee is trying to huck us all up the ass!"

"Hitlerbee!"
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2008 12:50 pm
If you would like to see just how sick the American elite really is –
how morally depraved, how intellectually diseased,
how addicted to the taste of human flesh, the scent of human blood, and the sight of human suffering – then you need go no further than the speech given by Mitt Romney to the Conservative Political Action Conference on February 7, 2008.

This is of course the witless "horse-race" view that dominates political discourse in America:
who's up, who's down, who's getting the column inches, who's on TV?
But in reality,
the American elite – or the Establishment, or the power structure, call it what you will (as long as you don't call it what it really is: the ruling class)
– is like an iceberg: most of its vast bulk exists unseen, it plows on beneath the surface, unperturbed by the media storms that rage around the small bit of exposed material at the summit.

And thus the climax of Romney's peroration:
a frantic blithering about "evil and radical jihad" and
"the inevitable military ambitions of China" and
the burning need to "raise military spending to 4 percent of our GDP" and
overriding imperative to keep the Terror War raging, particularly on its central front in Iraq.
None of this is remotely connected to the actual wellbeing, security and prosperity of the American people; quite the opposite.
It is, however, absolutely vital to the preservation of the elite's power, privilege, self-image and status. And as they demonstrate day after day, they don't care how many people must die or suffer for this.

This is moral psychosis on a monumental scale.
It is the complete and utter repudiation of every civilized ideal, of every fragment of enlightenment wrenched from the blood-drenched slagheap of human history.
Yet it passes for normality in our political discourse.

http://chris-floyd.com/
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2008 01:19 pm
Ramafuchs wrote:
If you would like to see just how sick the American elite really is –
how morally depraved, how intellectually diseased,
how addicted to the taste of human flesh, the scent of human blood, and the sight of human suffering – then you need go no further than the speech given by Mitt Romney to the Conservative Political Action Conference on February 7, 2008.

This is of course the witless "horse-race" view that dominates political discourse in America:
who's up, who's down, who's getting the column inches, who's on TV?
But in reality,
the American elite – or the Establishment, or the power structure, call it what you will (as long as you don't call it what it really is: the ruling class)
– is like an iceberg: most of its vast bulk exists unseen, it plows on beneath the surface, unperturbed by the media storms that rage around the small bit of exposed material at the summit.

And thus the climax of Romney's peroration:
a frantic blithering about "evil and radical jihad" and
"the inevitable military ambitions of China" and
the burning need to "raise military spending to 4 percent of our GDP" and
overriding imperative to keep the Terror War raging, particularly on its central front in Iraq.
None of this is remotely connected to the actual wellbeing, security and prosperity of the American people; quite the opposite.
It is, however, absolutely vital to the preservation of the elite's power, privilege, self-image and status. And as they demonstrate day after day, they don't care how many people must die or suffer for this.

This is moral psychosis on a monumental scale.
It is the complete and utter repudiation of every civilized ideal, of every fragment of enlightenment wrenched from the blood-drenched slagheap of human history.
Yet it passes for normality in our political discourse.

http://chris-floyd.com/

Yet, romney is 100% CORRECT that radical islam is a direct threat to the security of the US.

Any questions?
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2008 01:23 pm
We, the normal, rational ,decent , law abiding citizens around the world knows that his farewell speech from the main contst which is far far away is illogical if not devoid of any cogent argument.
Half of the Americans are mirroring my above quote which was written by an American.
It is not my cake nor I sip any Cock.
Thanks
0 Replies