Abortion......What are the repercussions?

jasonrest

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 10:54 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
Please don't give this sicko a platform to spread his pictures
and sick ideas. I reported the post with the faked picture.

In all seriousness...
Is the picture a problem?
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 11:00 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
I hope your time on this board is short.

I think you also supported jane on her claim that an unborn cannot live without its mom.
In all seriousness, did you find evidence supporting that?

I have found plenty to the contrary and I just want to get it straight.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 11:02 pm
Here's my point Jason - Making abortions illegal does not save lives, it just means more dead and mutilated women. Rich women will just fly to Europe and have an abortion in a Paris or Londonl. Women of middle income will go Canada or Mexico. However, the poor and very young will revert to coat hangers, crochet hooks and back alley "doctors" who will chop them up for a couple of hundred bucks. People don't stop having abortions because they are illegal, they just find other ways to do it. Abortions have been around since men and women started having sex. You can read about techniques in writings that date back to the first Egyptian Dynasty. The herb motherwort is effective.

All we are really deciding is should the mother be given a healthy abortion or a dirty, dangerous abortion.

Jason - do have any idea how many children in this country die because their families cannot afford decent medical care? Do you only care about embryos? Lets see - you want to vote for Ron Paul. Paul wants to eliminate federal programs like medicare that help the poor, especially children. Save the embryos, neglect the children?

Instead of trying to roll back the clock on women's health, I suggest you get involved with helping young people make smart decisions about their reproductive responsibility. Help prevent unwanted abortions by supporting groups that educate people about birth control. You might actually prevent an abortion or two that way instead of trying to drag us back to the medieval age of women's reproductive rights.

By the way, I agree with you on something - I actually believe that life starts when the sperm fertilizes the egg. I just believe a woman has a right to decide if she wants to be an incubator or not.

Here's another thing we might agree on - I would like to see the end abortion. I don't want to see it end because some religious fanatic tells me God wants the government to make a law. I want it to end because every sexually active person (male or female} starts to take responsibility for their reproductive capabilities. I would like to live in a society where rape and sexual abuse is unknown. Unfortunately, human nature has not evolved to this state yet. I like to think one we day will. In the meantime, please refrain from trying to cram your self-righteous thinking into my womb. I'm sure you have better things to do than throw stones.
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 11:07 pm
Green Witch wrote:
Here's my point Jason - Making abortions illegal does not save lives, it just means more dead and mutilated women. Rich women will just fly to Europe and have an abortion in a Paris or Londonl. Women of middle income will go Canada or Mexico. However, the poor and very young will revert to coat hangers, crochet hooks and back alley "doctors" who will chop them up for a couple of hundred bucks. People don't stop having abortions because they are illegal, they just find other ways to do it. Abortions have been around since men and women started having sex. You can read about techniques in writings that date back to the first Egyptian Dynasty. The herb motherwort is effective.

All we are really deciding is should the mother be given a healthy abortion or a dirty, dangerous abortion.

Jason - do have any idea how many children in this country die because their families cannot afford decent medical care? Do you only care about embryos? Lets see - you want to vote for Ron Paul. Paul wants to eliminate federal programs like medicare that help the poor, especially children. Save the embryos, neglect the children?

Instead of trying to roll back the clock on women's health, I suggest you get involved with helping young people make smart decisions about their reproductive responsibility. Help prevent unwanted abortions by supporting groups that educate people about birth control. You might actually prevent an abortion or two that way instead of trying to drag us back to the medieval age of women's reproductive rights.

By the way, I agree with you on something - I actually believe that life starts when the sperm fertilizes the egg. I just believe a woman has a right to decide if she wants to be an incubator or not.

Here's another thing we might agree on - I would like to see the end abortion. I don't want to see it end because some religious fanatic tells me God wants the government to make a law. I want it to end because every sexually active person (male or female} starts to take responsibility for their reproductive capabilities. I would like to live in a society where rape and sexual abuse is unknown. Unfortunately, human nature has not evolved to this state yet. I like to think one we day will. In the meantime, please refrain from trying to cram your self-righteous thinking into my womb. I'm sure you have better things to do than throw stones.

WOW!
Where were you all this time?
Finally a competent individual who can express her opinion while also respecting mine....wow. Ok, give me a minute to respond.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 11:08 pm
I'm off to sleep, but I will try and check back in the morning. Goodnight.
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 11:25 pm
Green Witch wrote:

I think your first point only confuses the issue.
It's the same with anything else. Drugs are illegal and yet I'm high right now. Killing is illegal and yet it's done everyday however making these things illegal is in fact a deterrent and to say that making abortion illegal with consequences would not cause people, especially women to be more cautious is incorrect. And yes it still will be done just like anything else.

Your second and third points are valid.
Valid, I could not agree more. educate the kids, hand out condoms, all that is great but what I am saying is when it gets past that point, when that kid didn't listen to that counselor or that condom broke 2 seconds before that nut, is the answer abortion. I don't think it should be an option.

Don't drag Mr. Paul into this. LOL. That is a whole notha' issue.
RON PAUL FTW.

I dont understand this part:
(((By the way, I agree with you on something - I actually believe that life starts when the sperm fertilizes the egg. I just believe a woman has a right to decide if she wants to be an incubator or not...)))
Don't you think her time to decide such a thing would be while she's laying with Billy or Todd or whomever?

Lastly, I am not throwing stones at any particular woman but at the act itself. The time to decide if you want a new being in your womb is when you lay down with a man. To decide after the matter is........irresponsible in my opinion. And to say, that you would have your womb off limits, well then I should be able to smoke my crack and murder without hesitation.
It's not off limits to moral law simply because its on or in your person.
Crack only hurts my body so why can't I just hit the pipe whenever the mood strikes me?
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 11:28 pm
Green Witch wrote:
I'm off to sleep, but I will try and check back in the morning. Goodnight.

I'm off to do the same.
I actually rushed that, don't grade on grammar or lucidity.
Thanks again.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 08:09 am
Quote:
Drugs are illegal and yet I'm high right now.

That says everything I need to know about you. You have just proven you're are a pathetic hypocrite, and I do not resort to insults easily. I have lost all respect for you .

Are you planning to have children. Do you know that men who do drugs can damage the chromosomes that they pass on their children and cause birth defects? Is that OK with you?

Quote:
Valid, I could not agree more. educate the kids, hand out condoms, all that is great but what I am saying is when it gets past that point, when that kid didn't listen to that counselor or that condom broke 2 seconds before that nut, is the answer abortion. I don't think it should be an option.

Are you going to pay to keep these unwanted children safe? Are you going to pay to educate them, help feed them? Are you willing to pay for more jails if these poor children become a threat to society because they were raised by parents were not mature enough to do the job... Here's your answer:

Quote:
RON PAUL FTW.

It has every thing to do with. You want laws to protect embryos and a government that abandons it's children. This is a political issue.

Quote:
Don't you think her time to decide such a thing would be while she's laying with Billy or Todd or whomever?

What about the 14 year old molested by her stepfather? The girl raped in the stairwell. Husbands rape wives. Do you think women always say "yes"? You seem to think it's all the woman's fault. Does the man have any responsibility in this or do you just hate women?

If you get a woman pregnant and she does not want the child, would you raise it as a single father?

Quote:
Lastly, I am not throwing stones at any particular woman but at the act itself. The time to decide if you want a new being in your womb is when you lay down with a man. To decide after the matter is........irresponsible in my opinion.

Your comments indicate you despise women and are clueless about social issues concerning them.

Quote:
And to say, that you would have your womb off limits, well then I should be able to smoke my crack and murder without hesitation. It's not off limits to moral law simply because its on or in your person.
Crack only hurts my body so why can't I just hit the pipe whenever the mood strikes me?

Maybe I think men who jeapordize the future health of their children by doing drugs should be be forced to have a vasectomy? Should the government have the right to make laws against your breeding abilities? Why only women? I think they should cut your balls off for doing drugs.

My womb is off limits because it does not effect anyone but me. Once I have a child it effects society. However, people like you only want to be concerned when it is my womb. People like you are happy to walk away when the embryo becomes a child and say "not my problem".

Jason, go do your drugs, vote for your loser candidate, continue your hatred and blame of women and stay happy in your belief that God loves you best.
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 10:04 am
Green Witch wrote:
Quote:
Drugs are illegal and yet I'm high right now.

That says everything I need to know about you. You have just proven you're are a pathetic hypocrite, and I do not resort to insults easily. I have lost all respect for you .

Are you planning to have children. Do you know that men who do drugs can damage the chromosomes that they pass on their children and cause birth defects? Is that OK with you?

Quote:

Are you going to pay to keep these unwanted children safe? Are you going to pay to educate them, help feed them? Are you willing to pay for more jails if these poor children become a threat to society because they were raised by parents were not mature enough to do the job... Here's your answer:

Quote:
RON PAUL FTW.

It has every thing to do with. You want laws to protect embryos and a government that abandons it's children. This is a political issue.

Quote:

What about the 14 year old molested by her stepfather? The girl raped in the stairwell. Husbands rape wives. Do you think women always say "yes"? You seem to think it's all the woman's fault. Does the man have any responsibility in this or do you just hate women?

If you get a woman pregnant and she does not want the child, would you raise it as a single father?

Quote:
Lastly, I am not throwing stones at any particular woman but at the act itself. The time to decide if you want a new being in your womb is when you lay down with a man. To decide after the matter is........irresponsible in my opinion.

Your comments indicate you despise women and are clueless about social issues concerning them.

Quote:
And to say, that you would have your womb off limits, well then I should be able to smoke my crack and murder without hesitation. It's not off limits to moral law simply because its on or in your person.

Maybe I think men who jeapordize the future health of their children by doing drugs should be be forced to have a vasectomy? Should the government have the right to make laws against your breeding abilities? Why only women? I think they should cut your balls off for doing drugs.

My womb is off limits because it does not effect anyone but me. Once I have a child it effects society. However, people like you only want to be concerned when it is my womb. People like you are happy to walk away when the embryo becomes a child and say "not my problem".

Jason, go do your drugs, vote for your loser candidate, continue your hatred and blame of women and stay happy in your belief that God loves you best.

Stay with me green,
The crack thing was a joke.

As I have stated earlier, the only instance where I could see such a drastic measure being valid is in the event of rape and others you have mentioned.

Could we refrain from the insults?
It's not at all necessary.
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 10:07 am
But, I'm seeing the insults are a common theme.
I enjoyed your company anyhow.

Thanks for posting.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 10:49 am
jasonrest wrote:
You are not the only one.
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 10:55 am
TTH wrote:
jasonrest wrote:
You are not the only one.

I meant to thank you earlier for your post but was sidetracked.
Although, I can read these pages repeatedly and watch a very lopsided
debate, its nice to know that someone else sees it as well.

I must say, it reflects badly on the pro-choice population.
I still however, respect their opinion.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 10:58 am
No thanks needed. I just call it the way I see it.

Edit: Even though I might not agree with some of the other members doesn't mean I dislike them. Actually, I respect each one of them.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 12:07 pm
I only debate with people who can make intelligent arguments and not just spit out religious propaganda, naive social philosophy, and misogynist statements. Therefore, I am out of this thread.

You and TTH are the perfect pair.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 12:40 pm
Good to know you think so highly of yourself Green Witch.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 02:05 pm
jasonrest wrote:

I understand that for some it's convenient to be of pro-choice, but you can't just huddle up, make mean faces, throw insults and expect things to fall into place.

And you, in turn, can't just don a sneer and pretend that you've presented any substance or logic to your position while demonstrating that acute reading incomprehension problem you have. Many arguments have been posted to you but you simply fail to appreciate them. They can't be faulted for your reading comprehension difficulties.

Quote:
You have to respectfully present your argument and support it with facts.

But you don't right? You don't have to respect the people here. In your unintended hilarity you spend all your time trying to position yourself as their intellectual superiors at them and don't present anything other than the strength of your convictions as your "facts".

Quote:
I am outnumbered yet, I respect all of your opinions while some have resorted to name calling and irrelevant jabs.

What utter nonsense. You've spent more of your time trying to portray your interlocutors as emotionally unstable and lacking the "tools" to respond to you yet you have the temerity to try to pretend you have somehow been above all the "jabs" and have been respectful.

Quote:
And, again very simple questions that I have asked have gone unanswered and been replaced with behavior already mentioned.

You apparently lack the "tools" to recognize that unwillingness to engage you may have more to do with an aversion to jackasses. Your boorish attempt to lord over people in this discussion coupled with the vapidity of your own posts have more to do with why this is more about your personality disorders than any "topic". You fail to realize that this is of your own doing and that your own hubris made this about you.

Want facts? Here's a fact: you spent more posts trying to call people "dense" and "emotional" than presenting any facts then tried to decry others for failure to present facts and for being emotive. Don't be an emotional crybaby if you get derision to your misplaced sneer.

Quote:
... I understand that pro choice is very popular but if you cannot post an intelligent response without slander then, don't bother.

You don't have a basic understanding of what slander is. But you have less of an understanding of what "an intelligent response" consists of.

Quote:

I understood fully, hence the word "amusing".
He was belittling the idea that women should be punished.
Do you have anything of substance to offer?

You said this in reference to boomerang. I find it "amusing" (your own smug code word for "understand fully") that you assume boomerang, who you called the only person worth talking to you in the thread, is a man when boomerang is a woman.

Consider that your condescending sneer for the women here may have more to do with why this isn't the "intelligent" discussion you purport to seek. Again, I urge you to consider the perfectly reasonable explanation: aversion to jackasses.

Quote:

If someone would present a valid argument, and stay on topic, I would be more than happy to compare our opinions in a logical manner.

What "valid argument" do you think you've constructed? I'd be more than happy to "compare our opinions in a logical manner". Given the glaring deficiencies in your ratiocination it may not be interesting very long though, so don't rush to indict my boredom when it may again just be an aversion to retardation.

I'll accept your challenge and start with what meager content in way of arguments you have constructed:

- RE "Again, without interference this is the understood chronological order of things, based on that, does not life begin at the time of conception? " - This argument is the logical fallacy called appeal to tradition. What is "the understood (at least as you see it) chronological order" of things doesn't do anything to support what should be.

- Your use of a picture of a dead fetus is a logical fallacy called "appeal to emotion". In your hyper-emotional state you failed to realize that the strong feelings the picture elicits have precious little to do with logic.

- You went on to say: "By the way 11 week olds have beating hearts, and those look like legs and maybe arms too."

The tecnical term for this kind of fallacy is "basic retardation". See, if legs and arms are indications of life you should hastily ride your high horse down to your local morgue and prevent imminent slaughter.

- You responded to the notion that the mother of an unborn baby is alive and the fetus is not with "Untrue, you should educate yourself before taking positions on such a sensitive matter." Doing so you display, beyond your usual haughty posturing, only that you fail to understand the notion of subjectiveness, a notion fairly important to basic logic. But then you make it worse:

- "Yes, it could survive outside the womb" came your reply when asked if the fetus could survive on its own. You demonstrate inconsistency in your position because your earlier appeal to tradition and reliance on the natural "order" of things for the naturalistic fallacy you concocted would indict any unatural means of life support and "interference" in the natural "order". If you don't get this, a risk I consider significant, the natural order goes like this: 1) Fetus is removed from womb 2) Fetus dies. You support intervention for your side but not the other and it's a silly way of moving the goal posts in debate with you.

- You argued: "In reference to your post, why should someone be punished for another's lack of planning."

Indeed. Why should an unwanted child be punished for life due to another's lack of planning coupled with your zealous fanaticism with denying them a last-try at preventing the suffering?

- "Once past the second tri, a baby could in fact survive on its own...
There's more I can add but can you provide a source to the contrary."

Here you demonstrate your lacking comprehension of the concept of burden of proof in logic. You make a vapid claim and allude to having more substance to add but for good measure you ask your counterpart to prove a negative. You back up your claim. Provide a source of a fetus setting out on its own without any "interference" that you decry and show me how it survives in the natural "order" of things (hint: you don't get to use thousands of dollars of medical equipment and physicians because you rejected their medical "interference" in aborting the fetus).

See, you don't get to claim the fetus is alive because it would "burst" onto the scene in "no time" without "interference" and then claim it's alive on the basis of its ability to survive "on its own" with "interference". That inconsistency would just be daft and it doesn't even begin to address the facts (with numbers and all, something you haven't been capable of) boomerang presented you on fetus mortality rates that refutes your naive notions on how gestation works.

You went on to say "You said something that was untrue. I brought attention to it and you are unable to prove otherwise."

This is an ipse dixit. You merely claimed it was true and offered no substantiation for it and still have the gall to deride someone for failing to prove the converse of your unsubstantiated claim.

- "You're confusing the issue. Unfortunately your friend had complications that compromised the pregnancy. I'm sorry. Now, for a perfectly normal pregnancy with a perfectly normal baby, two minutes before that child was delivered, was it in fact alive?"

You define anything you don't care to address as "off topic" and move the goal posts again. If we are only talking about "perfectly normal babies" then I suppose it's fine by you to abort any that aren't "perfectly normal"? And if not why are the babies that are not "perfectly normal" an unnecessary "confusion of the issue" in your counterparts' arguments but not in yours?

- You continue to try to pass the buck on your burden of proof with "I think you also supported jane on her claim that an unborn cannot live without its mom. In all seriousness, did you find evidence supporting that? I have found plenty to the contrary and I just want to get it straight."

Then get it straight and put up the enormity of evidence you keep hinting at but never can quite compose for anyone. Stop deriding others for failing to disprove a claim you never substantiated. Substantiate the notion that a fetus can survive on its own. Your example should show the fetus being able to do so with no outside "interference" and if medical supplies and equipment are needed the fetus should demonstrate an ability to pay for such services "on its own".

Quote:

If you have visited, with hopes of finding something relevant to the topic posted, I apologize

How very grand of you! Laughing

Quote:
...it is still quite amusing to see those with so much emotion and hastiness in the beginning suddenly fade away when they meet a brick wall of sense

This is the funniest thing I've read this year. You?! The "brick wall of sense"??!! "He's a briiiick house..." No seriously, you do remind me a bit of a brick. You make precious little sense, bleed emotion all over the pages and try to portray people who are smarter than you (not a tall task) as unintelligent. You deride others but cry foul when someone calls you out on your petulance.

Quote:
and when asked to support their claims with facts, they call you a name and walk away.

No, they also refute your arguments, and merely ignore your repeated attempts to make them disprove your own erroneous claim. That you feel they are "walking away" may again have more to do with a natural aversion for jerks than the inadequacies you project on them.

Quote:

Hey, they are just staying "on topic". You fill a thread with derision of "emotional" women who lack the "tools" to respond to you and they call a spade a spade and say you are retarded.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 03:23 pm
You tear the member's posts apart, but mention nothing about these 2 posts that I found rude. Maybe he or she didn't come across to your liking, imo that is no reason to insult the person.
Dorothy Parker wrote:
Do we really have to go through this again? Search the forums jasonrest. It's been done a hundred times.

shewolfnm wrote:
Typical.

Search threads as suggested.
YOu have nothing new to bring to the table on this situation.
Join a conversation already in progress.

Unless searching is too much work for ya
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 03:51 pm
TTH wrote:
You tear the member's posts apart, but mention nothing about these 2 posts that I found rude.

I don't follow what you think on a variety of issues so it should come as no surprise to you that I felt it appropriate to leave it up to you to talk about what you think about other people's posts.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 04:03 pm
I saw that change btw Laughing
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 04:35 pm
I could not bring myself to read everything you had to say Robert.
I apologize but you seem no different than the rest.
You have a slightly better vocabulary and your jabs, though a little more covert are still jabs. Also there is no reason for me to seem pompous, your fellow posters' irrational and emotional breakdowns are more than sufficient to bolster my position.

I'm glad to see you've taken such an interest but anyone who can read through these pages and come to the conclusion you have, is on a level I cannot comprehend.

No offense but honestly, I've grown tired of this.
0 Replies