Hey! It tastes like shitcken!

2PacksAday

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 04:44 pm
DrewDad wrote:
2PacksAday wrote:
I am totally carnivorous, preferably beef...I've been seriously contemplating shooting up with A1 sauce to save time.

If it requires A1, then just toss it in the trash....

The steak itself does not require it, I do....I can drink it from the bottle....which is odd because it is very rare for me to ever salt or pepper, or add anything to my food. As a child I tried it on just about everything, but I only use it on steak, and every so often on a roast...beef roast....pork ruins the A1 sauce.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 05:13 pm
Chai wrote:

2packs...

I dated a guy in college that was just the nicest person, I ususally don't speculate, but he might have been someone that would have been long term, if it wasn't for one thing.

He....smelled....like....MEAT!!!

He was a total carnivore too.

BIG guy, as in over 6'4", good size frame, but no fat on him. That alarmed me actually, as at the time I was 5'2" and probably 105 lbs soaking wet.

He didn't smell bad, he just smelled like meat. It exuded from his pores.

He finally asked me why I wouldn't let him, you know, get close to me. I had to tell him the truth.
I felt so bad, because next time I saw him, he had bathed really heavily with Irish Spring soap....ok, I like clean, but the smell of Irish Spring, with the undercurrent of meat....ooof.

It didn't work out, which thinking back now, was sad, but I'd become queasy when he leaned in to kiss me.

Oh Duncan....if you're out there reading this, I'm sorry.

Duncan....Irish Spring...was he Scottish. I almost named my son Duncan, but my last name means....Son of Duncan, and even though he might never set foot on the shores of the motherland...I just couldn't bare to name him...Duncan Duncan. Now if he was Irish...yeah, they just stink.

A poke at my Irish cousins of course....I can do that, I married one of them...errr....an Irish person, not a cousin, I swear.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 05:17 pm
Chai wrote:
One doesn't eat raw meat

raw ground steak with some freshly ground black pepper
a couple of pieces of good rye bread with unsalted butter

paradise
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 05:45 pm
Food fight!

Sorry. I can't post very often but I have been reading along on my Wii.

I wasn't talking about health food v. junk food. But health food v. food.

I include packaged "meals" in the junk food category. With very few exceptions my kitchen is entirely stocked with ingredients. I pretty much eat whatever I want and I've never had a real problem with my weight.

Take skinless, boneless chicken breasts. This has been packaged as some kind of gormet deal and it is the most completely flavorless cut of meat possible. I don't care what you do to it, it will never be as tasty as a nice leg/thigh combo with crispy skin. I'd have to eat twice as much to get half the satisfaction.

Broccoli is delicious. Sprinkle some fresh grated parmesean on it and it is wonderful, wonderful.

I could never give up bread but I usually make my own and use four ingredients.

It seems that anything marketed as being good for you taste like cardboard.

Well yeah, there's oatmeal. I love oatmeal.

Especially with maple syrup.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 05:58 pm
Boomerang - don't you have a dog? If not, get one - best judges of food anywhere!

Attempts to feed something called "fat-free Brie" to Siberian huskies resulted in having them walk to their bowls, sniff, then sit on their furry little behinds and look at me in wonder - as in "Has she finally lost it completely?!" They adore regular Brie, mind you.

Then there was the one time I actually brought home a sample of that japanese bean curd - tofu - and they wouldn't even go sniff at their bowls; they looked at me firmly from the kitchen door with that stern expression "One more such attempt, we're calling the paramedics!"

When I was little there was cooking for dogs at home - lean meat or fish, rice or potatoes, some vegetables, with no added salt, sugar or fat. Humans can add fruit, nuts, peppers - but if you stick with no added salt etc rule, that food is probably healthier than the junk marketed as "health food".

Step one, however, is: get a dog Smile
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 06:10 pm
boomer wrote:
Take skinless, boneless chicken breasts. This has been packaged as some kind of gormet deal and it is the most completely flavorless cut of meat possible. I don't care what you do to it, it will never be as tasty as a nice leg/thigh combo with crispy skin. I'd have to eat twice as much to get half the satisfaction.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 06:27 pm
2PacksAday wrote:
Chai wrote:

2packs...

I dated a guy in college that was just the nicest person, I ususally don't speculate, but he might have been someone that would have been long term, if it wasn't for one thing.

He....smelled....like....MEAT!!!

He was a total carnivore too.

BIG guy, as in over 6'4", good size frame, but no fat on him. That alarmed me actually, as at the time I was 5'2" and probably 105 lbs soaking wet.

He didn't smell bad, he just smelled like meat. It exuded from his pores.

He finally asked me why I wouldn't let him, you know, get close to me. I had to tell him the truth.
I felt so bad, because next time I saw him, he had bathed really heavily with Irish Spring soap....ok, I like clean, but the smell of Irish Spring, with the undercurrent of meat....ooof.

It didn't work out, which thinking back now, was sad, but I'd become queasy when he leaned in to kiss me.

Oh Duncan....if you're out there reading this, I'm sorry.

Duncan....Irish Spring...was he Scottish. I almost named my son Duncan, but my last name means....Son of Duncan, and even though he might never set foot on the shores of the motherland...I just couldn't bare to name him...Duncan Duncan. Now if he was Irish...yeah, they just stink.

A poke at my Irish cousins of course....I can do that, I married one of them...errr....an Irish person, not a cousin, I swear.

He was half Scottish, half Cuban.

It was funny, he was so big, but spoke in this really soft voice, and there was just this gentelness about him

Funny too...
Once, he was talking about his cuban relatives, how they would get drunk and sing La Bamba, which would bring tears to their eyes...he said "all the women would start crying into their aprons, and scream 'AIEEEE ESTOY LA BAMBA! AIEEEE!'"...he'd continue the story with how after all the men got drunk, they would pick one of the girls to gang bag in back of the house "I didn't want any scratch or bite marks, so while all my cousins were jostling for postion, I'd call out....LAST!"
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 06:35 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Chai wrote:
One doesn't eat raw meat

raw ground steak with some freshly ground black pepper
a couple of pieces of good rye bread with unsalted butter

paradise

Nods. Fresh ground, natch.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 08:46 pm
Scotch-Cuban...interesting. We have a Texican that lives here in town, he's probably in the 6'4 range as well, big fella, and also very soft spoken. I believe they {the family} are pure Latino...his sister is one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. I spent a few summers in Texas when I was 11-13, and even then I don't remember meeting a Latino taller than myself.

Since this is a food thread...this is sort of related....I stress sort-a. A lot of times on the job sites the guys will complain about the port-o-pottys being a bit rank...I always say something like....You ain't smelt nuthin, til you visit a p-o-p in Texas. I never saw a gringo get within 50 ft of one early in the day...because every single morning, the smell of spicy foods mixed with tequila/mezcal, mixed with....well, ****...hoovered around them for hours....if you got too close your skin would burn.

I don't eat Mexican food.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 08:55 pm
Shocked
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 09:01 pm
2PacksAday wrote:

even if it is made with real mexicans?
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 09:06 pm
Soylent Burrito?
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 09:13 pm
mui bueno
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 09:46 pm
All the healthiest, hottest broads hang out in sushi joints. Is sushi good? I don't think so, but these healthy hot broads seem to love it. Therefore, I believe sushi should be considered one of those rare delicious yet healthy foods.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 09:48 pm
Shocked
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 09:54 pm
sushi is amaaaaaazing

( if done correctly.. )

and if you dont like sushi, try california rolls.
At least you will LOOK like you are eating sushi
0 Replies

dant

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 10:36 pm
I think tofu is getting a bad rap. For some reason, some people think it needs all kinds of preparation to be edible.

We eat it at least once a week. You don't need to soak it or anything fancy.

Try slicing a block of firm tofu into about 1/2" long slices. Place in baking pan that has been sprinkled with olive oil (or any kind). Top with pesto, then grate generous amount of cheese over the pesto (mozzarella, asiago, whatever) and broil until pesto & cheese is bubbly & getting brown, and tofu is crispy brown on the edges.

Our picky dogs love it.

And there's no cow grease left in the pan.......... :wink:

There's a new book out called French Women Don't Get Fat

(I assume it applies to dudes as well). The philosophy here is that the spices used and the freshness of the food go a long way toward satisfying the tastbuds, so you don't overeat. The book advocates the use of butter, wine (yeah!) cream - all those Julia Child things, but with a different twist & smaller portions. It makes eating healthy actually, well---kinda fun.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 06:57 am
shewolfnm wrote:
2PacksAday wrote:

even if it is made with real mexicans?

To bring this full circle...

My Mexican co-worker went on vacation to Scotland with his financee (where she had relatives).

He said they had more Italian restaurants there than anything....but...something amiss in the translation.

Big group of them eating in an Italian place one night, he saw on the menu an item called "Mexican Plate", it said it was "Made with Genuine Mexican"

So, is that what's in haggis?
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 08:07 am
If you don't know what haggis is...you don't want to know what haggis is....with everything else that is crammed in one, I suppose a wee Mexican wouldn't be out of the question.....I'd rather eat tofu.

I like circles.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 08:09 am
sheep stomach
oats
intestines

mmm
0 Replies