Hey! It tastes like shitcken!

ehBeth

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 09:21 pm
Well, MMS, sometimes it's just adjusting how stuff is prepared. Not changing everything you serve.

Were you here for the salad dressing thread? It was a perfect example.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 09:57 pm
There is lots and lots of healthy food that tastes great in the produce department. Anything that is sold as "health" food tastes like cardboard and isn't worth the effort. You can't get satisfied with it. It doesn't have any taste.

Now I don't typically fry my hamburgers in butter but but fercryingoutloud even if I did it would have less fat than a Big Mac and it would taste a thousand times better.

Thanks to many childhood hours in Mexico I have a crazy stomach.

I treat my malady with cookies.

Yes, cookies.

Macaroons, to be exact.

I don't know. I'm on a rant I guess.

Keep your tofu and give me a cookie!

Cookies are better for me than brussel sprouts.

So there.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 09:59 pm
Cookies rule Cool
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 10:00 pm
Krispy Kreme doughnuts are the worlds best food
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 10:03 pm
says the girl with a big butt..... :wink:
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 10:06 pm
health food baby!
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 10:12 pm
Weren't you just involved in an excessive annular discharge thread???

Shocked
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 10:35 pm
There are healthy diets, and then there are fad diets. As far as I'm concerned, tofu and certain other "health foods" are but fads. Simple, non processed, foods can be delicious and offer all the health benefits a person in reasonably good health needs. I personally try to eat as great a variety of food types as possible, eschewing of course the disgusting okra and many cheeses.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 10:38 pm
No, they aren't
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 10:40 pm
"Tofu: fad food since the 2nd century B.C." -- that's got a ring to it Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 10:41 pm
Oh, great, I am off ezxploring and now find myself in some sort of antagonism to edgar. Well, NO.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 10:44 pm
Well, here-- I'll delete this post, you delete the one you just did, then I delete my other one, and then you'll be able to fix that other one, and there we go!
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 10:46 pm
Ed, what the hell is wrong with Okra?

(I'll leave Francis to defend Cheese)

RH
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 10:50 pm
i love okra and brussel sprouts. in fact more than most other vegetables. brussel sprouts rule!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 10:59 pm
Rockhead wrote:
Ed, what the hell is wrong with Okra?

(I'll leave Francis to defend Cheese)

RH

If you can put okra in your mouth without gagging, there is something wrong with your taste buds.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 11:00 pm
My personal feeling about it. Carry on.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 11:12 pm
I haven't personal okra exprience. My business partner liked it well enough, something to do with frying. (She was born in Texas.)

I remember my mother cooking with okra once.

This is disconcerting, she might have been like me, or me, her. Not re recipes, but for the play.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 11:15 pm
Re: Hey! It tastes like shitcken!
boomerang wrote:
And tofu. Don't get me started. I know, I know "It's delicious!" (if you spend 900 hours soaking it in something tasty).

No, it's certainly not "delicious" as a stand-alone ingredient at all & no one (who cooks with it regularly) expects it to be. But it's a great source of (very economical) protein & a terrific absorber of flavours! I love it! It is so versatile. And I use it often in my cooking .. It doesn't take long to produce a quick marinade before cooking it with other heathy & tasty ingredients.

Mind you, there's tofu & tofu. I would never buy tofu at the supermarket. I buy the freshly-made variety from local providers (in my case, the Vietnamese traders, who call it bean curd.) It tastes wonderful ... & so fresh! That makes a huge difference.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 11:18 pm
In a thread like this, I give my opinions, but not meaning to antagonize. Other opinions do not disturb me, regardless of what I post. If you like cheese, tofu and okra, by all means have at it. But don't invite me over when you are serving it. Yucko.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 11:23 pm
Same to you, edgarb, in the best way.
0 Replies