Hey! It tastes like shitcken!

cyphercat

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 11:25 pm
Edgar, all I can say is I wish you could teach me to dislike cheese. My diet would be a lot healthier if it weren't for cheese-lust...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 11:37 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
In a thread like this, I give my opinions, but not meaning to antagonize. Other opinions do not disturb me, regardless of what I post. If you like cheese, tofu and okra, by all means have at it. But don't invite me over when you are serving it. Yucko.

Even if any of those ingredients were used skillfully by those providing the meal?
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 12:15 am
Oats -- 's good ****

Put some jam, raisins and nuts in there and hey presto
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 02:13 am
boomerang wrote:
Cookies are better for me than brussel sprouts.

So there.

No conttest there! Absolutely EVERYTHING's better for you than brussels sprouts!
E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G!!!!!!!!!!

although there is the ODD person who likes them Confused
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 05:54 am
msolga wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:
In a thread like this, I give my opinions, but not meaning to antagonize. Other opinions do not disturb me, regardless of what I post. If you like cheese, tofu and okra, by all means have at it. But don't invite me over when you are serving it. Yucko.

Even if any of those ingredients were used skillfully by those providing the meal?

I have eaten dishes laden in cheese and even loved a gumbo with okra in it. The trick was a great blending of ingredients. If I can't taste the crap, I can eat it. When I was a child, we subsisted on beans, potatoes and biscuits, primarily. When my parents tried to slip in something new, it was the distasteful things, like liver or okra. My dislike of cheese might stem from the fact I don't recall having any served to me before I was at least ten or twelve. On the other hand, I might just naturally dislike it.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 08:52 am
edgarblythe wrote:
and even loved a gumbo with okra in it. The trick was a great blending of ingredients.

Dear God. You didn't try to eat okra alone did you? Okra is great... as a filler. Lots of nutrients, protein, etc. but for heaven's sake, DON'T EAT IT PLAIN!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 08:53 am
Re: Hey! It tastes like shitcken!
boomerang wrote:
Other than raw or cooked fruits and vegetables is there anything "healthy" that actually tastes like food?

Fish?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 08:56 am
IMO, the best trick to eating healthy is to avoid saturated fats. Unless you're on a no-fat diet, you can ease the craving for fat by replacing grease with avocado, nuts, etc. I'm in the process of switching over to real-peanut peanut butter. The taste is a little different, but it eliminates tons of bad fat.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 08:58 am
cyphercat wrote:
Edgar, all I can say is I wish you could teach me to dislike cheese. My diet would be a lot healthier if it weren't for cheese-lust...

Amen, sister. My wife calls me "the big mouse." I'm still wondering about the "big" part...
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 01:02 pm
DrewDad wrote:
I'm in the process of switching over to real-peanut peanut butter. The taste is a little different, but it eliminates tons of bad fat.

What other sort is there? Unreal peanut butter. I thought it was just peanuts?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 01:26 pm
cyphercat wrote:
"Tofu: fad food since the 2nd century B.C." -- that's got a ring to it Laughing

That's just what I was thinking cypher.

I love straight pomegranite juice...brakish?

I love okra, but you gotta cut the slime with tomatoes, everybody knows that.

Love Brussel sprouts, beets, fish (stangely enough, not salmon) nuts

and yes, I even like tofu...with vegetables and soy sauce, ho's in sauce and whatever other sauce I have.

I just ate a tofu corndog a minute ago. Deeeeeeelicious!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 01:28 pm
margo wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
I'm in the process of switching over to real-peanut peanut butter. The taste is a little different, but it eliminates tons of bad fat.

meaning the fat hasn't been hydrogenated.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 01:57 pm
Brussel sprouts cooked in butter....mmmmmm...health food done naughty.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 02:09 pm
Chai wrote:
margo wrote:
DrewDad wrote:

meaning the fat hasn't been hydrogenated.

And there isn't sugar added.
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 02:46 pm
Huh, is peanut butter a big part of the average diet in america?

Also; hydrogenated fat means Trans fat = baaaad
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 02:55 pm
Has anyone mentioned soy ice cream yet? It tastes great, and it doesn't annoy my lactose intolerant body. I don't know about fat and sugars and all that other crap, but people say soy is relatively healthy, don't they?
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 03:03 pm
That they do.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 03:18 pm
Venison, elk, and buffalo. You can buy buffalo burger in just about any grocery store these days. Ask 'em where they hide it.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 03:33 pm
kickycan wrote:
Has anyone mentioned soy ice cream yet? It tastes great, and it doesn't annoy my lactose intolerant body. I don't know about fat and sugars and all that other crap, but people say soy is relatively healthy, don't they?

You know, I like a lot of soy products, but soy ice cream is one I just can't get behind.

I can't do dairy either (except for some cheese), and at first I did soy milk, then discovered chocolate soy milk is really good...tastes like yoohoo to me.

But soy cream and rice cream....I tried several times and decided it wasn't worth it. Funny, now when I think of ice cream, it just doesn't appeal to me anymore.

I'm glad you like it though kicky.

What I do like are those soy smoothies made by Silk.

As far as being health, I've been avoiding refined sugar. After not so long you really don't want it.

Back in mid December, without going into detail, I decided I'm only going to eat things I REALLY like. I realized there are things I would it that were "all right", but if asked, I couldn't really say I loved that food.

What I've realized is that I really don't like meat much...was never a big meat eater, but now, I realize I was eating more than I actually wanted, because, well, it was part of whatever the meal was.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 03:36 pm
Coolwhip wrote:
Huh, is peanut butter a big part of the average diet in america?

Also; hydrogenated fat means Trans fat = baaaad

Where do you live coolwhip?

And, WHAT is your avatar a picture of? I can never figure it out.
0 Replies