Albuquerque a2k roundup, May 14-19, 2008

Mame

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 04:12 pm
ob1, CJ was just trying to be nice. She didn't really mean it.

Sister Diane - keep your eye on Shewolf - she's one sassy thing.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 05:13 pm
georgeob1 wrote:
Laughing I should have expected that from a union broad from California. :wink: Undoubtedly it reflects your real thoughts on the matter BBB. I will keep in mind the threat you made a few pages back !!!

Well, stinky lout is better than goody two shoes gentle soul, ain't it?

BBB
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 05:15 pm
Mame wrote:
keep your eye on Shewolf - she's one sassy thing.

am not..
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 05:19 pm
On another thread, it was suggested that I might be hard of hearing. Not true. Look at my ears. I have been accused of "selective listening." I plead guilty to that.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 05:32 pm
JPB wrote:
Let's just say that I've lived (so far at least) to regret giving my home contact information to Walter.

JPB,

I have seen all the evidence you were willing to report for these accusations and don't personally see the threat to your life that you've alluded to here and elsewhere. And like I've said to you in the past, this is the type of accusation that is serious enough that it has no place being bandied about on an internet forum. If you are concerned for the safety of others here the rumor mill at able2know is a particularly poor venue for your accusations. Now that you've published it on able2know you stand to gain nothing by further attempts to convince others except additional legal liability if you are wrong.

If you are serious, the responsible thing to do is speak to the appropriate authorities. Nobody here at able2know has the ability to verify your claims and by making this your venue for such an accusation you only manage to stir up vigilantism from folks like Rockhead who are themselves in no position to become responsibly involved and whose reactions have made others feel physically threatened.

I for one, do not want to be involved any further and ask you to use a more appropriate venue for your accusations than able2know because this is not and should not be the able2know community's responsibility.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 05:49 pm
Craven, gentle soul, thank you.

Shewolf, do not lie. You will burn in hell after getting a few good whacks by my ruler on your hands. Watch it, young lady. Don't get fresh with a nun living in sin with a blue-eyed cowboy. I've learned how to lasso them in. You might be next and the lasso might be too tight.

Now be afraid, be very afraid.

The Nun Gone Bad.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 06:33 pm
Gee, quite a day to take off.

No comment on the last batch of pages.

I was reading a Tony Hillerman novel on New Mexico, as it happens.

It was instructive as always. I don't read those for the police procedural punch, there are those better at that, but for the descriptive information, an element of my reading of all police procedurals but more so here close to home. I don't find him that great a writer - but clearly beloved of many and now of me - writer of a kind of a 'teaching' book.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 06:37 pm
Me too, osso. The reading is fascinating because of the detailed mental image his descriptions evoke. You can almost feel the presence of the area and hear the wind. And, some of the characters are enjoyable.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 06:39 pm
I don't know about the rest of ya'll, but I for one am very grateful for the feisty nun. This way I get to know Dys's miserably a$$ never has to go too long between kickins!
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 06:40 pm
I love the Tony Hillerman novels. Leaphorn and Chee - Did you guys ever see the one tv movie starring Lou Diamond Phillips as Chee?

I discovered them when I was in Arizona many moons ago. He's not writing any more, I hear.

sigh.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 06:42 pm
aiyyeee

yeah

that feisty nun in the little skirt can wallop a punch cant she
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 06:44 pm
Don't get too sassy yourself, mister, or your hands might be next on my list.

RealJohnBoy, sorry to include you in the hard of hearing group. I meant to say that it was hard for me to hear you even when I was sitting right next to you.

Sometimes I don't try too hard because I know I won't miss much, but I really wanted to hear what you had to say. Love that soft southern accent, but you need to get loud and abrasive for me to hear you, now that I'm an old broad losing lots of my taken-for-granted abilities.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 06:46 pm
Didn't know there was a Hillerman movie. I'll keep an eye out for it, though in Farmington, it would probably be SRO. When he and L'Amor were both writing, his stuff sold better around the rez.

I didn't hear that Mame. It would be sad if true. Still, he got Jim Chee married off, and that takes away one of his little side plots. He was reported to have quit writing a decade ago for some sort of health issue. Maybe he'll come back this time, too.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 06:55 pm
In this book Bernie nabbed Chee... or vice versa. Or it seemed so. Oh, wait, what was the title? (99 cents on that Good Will trip for buying shorts..)

According to the back cover he lives in Abq.

Ok, Skeleton Man, copyright 2004.

(Roger, I'll mail it to you if you'd like. Unless Diane hasn't read it. Or maybe you both have already.)
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 07:02 pm
realjohnboy wrote:
On another thread, it was suggested that I might be hard of hearing. Not true. Look at my ears. I have been accused of "selective listening." I plead guilty to that.

I love people with selective hearing. I think Roger has that, too. :wink:
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 07:04 pm
I don't.

What? (to quote littlek)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 07:16 pm
Surely, Mame didn't catch me without the hearing aid?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 07:38 pm
One night I think you left it or found it later in your trousers... no? Smile
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 07:43 pm
The only time this southern boy became loud and abrasive was when I was in the backseat with Roger and Osso in the front searching for Trader Joe's We wandered around NE Albuq for an hour. Finally I spotted it, and I let out with a very uncharecteristic tirade: "It's over to the fu**ing left; get over into the fr**ing left lane, damn it."
Life in a big city. Big cities too big for this mountain boy from Virginia.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 07:47 pm
<howls>

I have to go back there, I liked it. Too bad I've done various TJ dumps on a2k previously. Would that they deign to open one on the west side.
0 Replies