ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Buffy??? omigod
0 Replies

Bluxx

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 08:31 pm
Yeah! Buffy! So there!!! Neener Neener! Laughing
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 11:56 pm
Welcome bluxx. Is the show ending when Sarah Michelle leaves?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 12:37 am
Now, what is it about Buffy that is so appealing? Because it is camp? I dunno, for me, I've watched a couple of times and just don't get it!
0 Replies

Bluxx

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 02:17 am
This is the last season I believe....so don't worry Piffka-all your troubles will be over.

I don't think Buffy is THAT camp. Wouldn't you like to fight demons and vampires? Saving the world.....sounds fun to me...and she can kick some serious ass. Ofcourse Spike is a hottie, which always helps. His band played in my neighborhood last month---I missed it. Sad

ANYWAY, there is an underlying message on Buffy. Fate. Along with other things....and just because something seems material on the outside doesn't mean that there isn't a message on the inside? Know what I mean? I know it seem silly, all this over Buffy---but it's also just pure fun!
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 06:30 am
Hello, my name is Terry and I'm a Buffy addict.

It all started years ago when I was a wee child. You see, I'm a vampire junkie. Christopher Lee was my favorite actor. I'd sit with my grandmother every afternoon after achool and watch "Dark Shadows." My first crush was on Barnabas Collins, not the actor who played him, the character. Now my affections have turned toward Spike. <sigh>

Anyhow, I seldom miss Buffy. It's camp, but it's part of my whole Tuesday night "mindless entertainment" fest.

BTW, according to an article on www.tvguide.com the show won't be cancelled next season. The producers are working on a way to keep it going without Buffy. (Xander the Vampire Slayer?)
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 09:22 am
Oh, Bluxx, you get me wrong. I don't want to spoil your fun or Ms. Terry's! There are so few people without much passion today, that I am pleased to hear someone feel passionate about something, anything! Even vampires and such. Yes, I do want YOU to save the world. Me? No, I'd rather the world didn't need saving.

It sounds like you'll be seeing some sort of vampire-slaying anyway. More power to ya.... but... have you seen Graham Norton????
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 04:59 pm
How about "Law & Order"? Not all the offshoots, but the old ones, reruns of which are on TNT most weeknights. Interesting plots, neat resolutions, and one of the Ass't DA's is always a winsome lass, be she blonde or brunette. And, of course, it's always fun to guess who the culprit is...

I find it addictive, which is unusual for me, because I usually avoid conventional TV entertainment.
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 05:30 pm
D'art--You may not want to get me started. I'm still annoyed that the reruns have moved from A&E to TNT. I just gotta have that Chris Noth fix once in a while.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 06:11 pm
Sorry about that Terry. Doesn't your cable package include TNT?
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2003 12:39 am
Okay, I'm confessing, I was absolutly crazy about "Briscoe County Jr." So there.
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2003 01:12 am
Embarrassed
0 Replies

Bluxx

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2003 04:41 am
Piffka, you're sweet. And if I die, perhaps you'll be the next slayer.

lol

Wink
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2003 06:40 am
D'art--I get TNT. The problem is that I can never remember what channel it's on because I never watch it. By the time I find it, I'm usually ready for bed. I got very used to the 11pm time slot.
0 Replies

Bluxx

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2003 07:58 am
Upn
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2003 11:46 am
Thanks Bluxx, does that mean you stay up really, really late??? Oh, I just checked the times you posted... YOU DO!!! YOU DO!!!

There was an Inspector Morse episode on a couple of days ago... he's good.

What in the world is Briscoe County?

Did I say that I like to watch Friends, but I think Coupling... the British version of Friends... is much, much funnier?
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2003 11:49 am
Laughing Laughing Laughing

That's a cold shot Larry. You are embarrassed FOR me.
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2003 06:56 am
boo-Hopefully you won't look around the TV forum and find the TV shows I've admitted to watching! Laughing
0 Replies

Bluxx

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2003 08:22 am
LoL!

Is there a cartoon section or can I just mention that I love Thundercats---ofcourse I loved it when it first came out, but I still love it. I can still hear the theme song in my head. "Thunder thunder thunder thunder Cats!"
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2003 12:21 pm
Bluxx,
...Don't feel alone. Yeas ago, I took my Little niece to see "Alladin", thinking I could force myself to sit through it. Midway through, I had to take her to the bathroom, and I was so pissed! ("Could you hurry it up? YOU'RE, going to miss the movie,")
0 Replies