Interacial Relationships

Diest TKO

Sat 12 Jan, 2008 02:04 pm
Shawanga wrote:
I fail to understand how one question could provoke such opinions about racism. I have no idea where my distaste for seeing a black woman and a white man together. To answer another poster's question, Yes I find white women attractive, I find oriental women attractive, I find ......... Etc. I never tried to tie this bias I have to logic.

Asian.

I'm not making an argument form ppolitical correctness, I'm just pointing it out.

As for topics like this one, I would like to point out how the dialogue circulates around black/white relations, and rarely acknowledges the issues faced by Asians, Hispanics, Native Americans, etc.

The issue of interacial relationships is not balck and white. Issues of pride, community, and culture are often quite overwelming for those involved, and it's not unique to people who are black or white.

T
K
O
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Sat 12 Jan, 2008 02:24 pm
Diest TKO wrote:
Shawanga wrote:

The issue of interacial relationships is not balck and white. Issues of pride, community, and culture are often quite overwelming for those involved, and it's not unique to people who are black or white.

True, that.

There is an old saying, I've heard it plenty of times yet never remember the wording correctly. Anyways! The idea is that if you want to break a cultures back - you do so through the women.

Once the women have begun to accept the new ways, the end is near. The war is won.

I've heard this used to justify a lot of ugly behavior, too. Men looking to women to preserve a culture, a set of values, a set of ideals - while they themselves do the very thing they condemn the women for.

Maybe I am roaming into personal territory now. Yet I do strongly agree that it ain't black n white!
0 Replies