Albuquerque A2K Get Together - Spring 2008

Diane

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 06:46 pm
LOL, JPB, my post did make it sound like I needed to plan my getaway according the everyone else's schedule. Mais non, my sweet, I will be in ABQ with rings on my fingers and bells on my toes (that is if I can find any toe bells).
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 06:51 pm
hmmmm......
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 06:54 pm
I finally remembered that I need to find out when my niece's spring break is and if she and her dad are coming to visit then - it would complicate matters for me as she and I will need a lot of talking time if she is coming. I'll check on that soon. I can still meet any of the dates listed, but I might vote for the other dates in preference.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 07:05 pm
Something to keep in mind:

Easter is on March 23, 2008. Reservations can become scarce around that time. And more expensive.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 07:12 pm
Well, that helped me, Diane - even if my niece is here over spring break, her stay wouldn't be on the weekends listed.

All you now and former Albuquerquians who know more about the weather than I do - is highway driving ever a problem in April, re snow?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 07:12 pm
In case I win the lottery, I vote for window #4. It's my spring break.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 07:31 pm
Just looked up niece's college's spring break - that's the week of april 7 - 11,
so I'll call and try to find out if they're coming then. If so, that would have me voting more for #4 or 5.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 09:55 pm
Littlek--what a treat to see you again. Not that I'm holding my breath if a lottery win is what is needed to get you out here.

Please try!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 09:58 pm
Bumping up RJB's windows:

Window #1: 3/26-3/31
Window #2: 4/2-4/7
Window #3: 4/9-4/14
Window #4: 4/23-4/28
Window #5: 4/30-5/5
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 10:38 pm
Diane, there is little that tempts me more than a trip out to NM to see you folks.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 09:56 am
My schedule is flexible--except for being absolutely certain that I can get away.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 10:04 am
I'm already there.
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 10:07 am
By the swamp in Albuquerque?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 11:11 am
Swamps in Albuquerque are usually called golf courses. Who else could afford to dump that much water into the middle of a damn desert?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 01:47 pm
{{{{{{{{{{ Littlek }}}}}}}}}}

Quote:
Who else could afford to dump that much water into the middle of a damn desert?

This is exactly why I love Roger!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 01:50 pm
When I was in Santa Fe, they had just begun to build a big golf course North (NorthWest?) of the city. I used to drive down that road it's on, over the cattle grates, through the washboard roadways, around the cholla, between the pinons, along a wash to the rio grande to a little canyon called Diablo by the locals. There I first discovered what it meant to be altitude sick.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 01:56 pm
Littlek, that is exactly the kind of thing I have always loved to do, whether as a kid in Tucson or here in NM. Off in the middle of nowhere, the world all to yourself.

Heaven.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 05:15 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I'm already there.

You must be getting old, Gus. My friend Gothboy is in Iowa. He found out that the various campaigns are offering free rides to caucus sites. He has arranged to find rides to and from clubs that play his kind of music.
And, and this is good, some of the candidates are offering to have their volunteers drop off casseroles so that caucus-goers won't have to spend a lot of time slaving in the kitchen Thursday evening. Gothboy has five casseroles lined up so far.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 09:27 am
I'm in ABQ right now---it is astonishingly lovely!!! ...and the best people in the world are holding court here..

Very Happy

Going out for Juevos rancheros....
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 09:28 am
I should warn people about a rather dangerous opinionated green bird here, however....quite vocal and territorial...hahahaa

and Bob is a prince.
0 Replies