Coyotes Are Good (not)

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 09:22 pm
JustBrook, that was a wolf...not that it matters, that was a horrid video.

Cateyes, I have seen the photo, like I said, it wasn't all that graphic...so yep, you're on your own there.

CJ is Calamity Jane, i'm sure you were referring to cjhsa, not CJ.... it gets confusing here.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 09:26 pm
Sorry, Dag. We got little cj... shixsa

and then, the friendly Miss Calamity (CJ)

I dint make it this way, but the difference is in the details. :wink:

RH
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 01:59 am
cateyes221981 wrote:
Oh please I am as harmless as people can get! I just hate to see an animal suffer, regardless of what species it is...

I am shocked though, am I the only one who was horrified by that picture? Starting to feel that way... Crying or Very sad

Cateyes

I didn't watch the video because I just can't stand to see stuff like that. It makes me feel ill.

What makes a person post stuff like that? When they know it will be deeply offensive to some people who view it? (To be provocative? Amusing? Whatever ...? I honestly don't know. The best I can offer is that the person is misguided or insensitive, or ....

However, Id like to give you a word of advice (which you haven't asked for, but ..)

NEVER make a personal attack on a poster, ALWAYS argue the ISSUE ...

Otherwise you end up in all sorts of hot water, as you can see ...

Hang in here. There are many of us at A2K who feel very strongly about animal rights/welfare issues. And we (sigh) have seen these sorts of antics before.

I do understand your reaction, as a new-comer. Things will become clearer to you if you hang around here, trust me.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 02:07 am
Catseyes

Are you a cat owner? (I'm assumimg you are because of your username)

If so, come over here & talk to us!:

http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=70907

.. & join the cat lovers of A2K! Very Happy
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 07:07 am
Wow, two hounds that cornered a snarling coyote. Big whoop.

That guy and those dogs killed 50, yes 50 of those vermin last year.

Hunting is not cruelty to animals. It is natural and part of the human experience. Everyone hunts whether they do it in the first person or not.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 07:24 am
Sometimes cjhsa is the hunter. Just as often he's the prey--or even a provocative target.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 07:28 am
Neener neener.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 11:01 am
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 02:48 pm
Yes, this is the fourth attack on children by coyotes. We have an
abundance of coyotes here in southern California - no natural predetors,
and 5 to 7 new ones with each litter.

Coyotes are too smart for traps, I was told, but something has to be
done, as there is not enough food for them to go around and we don't
want to have more incidents like these, where children are targeted.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 11:01 am
CalamityJane wrote:
We have an abundance of coyotes here in southern California - no natural predators, ...

Maybe you folks should work out a deal with cj?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 12:23 pm
Oh no, Tico that would be like jumping out from the frying pan into the fire.
Little cj has got no natural predators either.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 04:13 pm
You wouldn't last 10 minutes in the northern Michigan woods and you'd be begging me to protect you.

Bullshit that coyotes have no natural predators. Tag. You're it. Grow up. Reach out and touch a coyote with a .308. Shootemup.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 06:20 am
Here CJ, get one of these in .223 Rem. They don't even kick but they pack a heck of a punch for yotes. Basically a grown up version of the 22LR.

http://www.gunblast.com/images/Sabre-AR15/1Mvc-001f.jpg

It'll set you back about $1000 but 20 coyote pelts will pay for that.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 07:36 am
littlek wrote:
Cateyes - welcome to A2K. You'll find very few people here willing to change their opinion about coyotes (on either side - pro or con).

I'm right in line with you, though. I know coyotes promote healthy ecosystems. I could explain why, as you have done. But, the coyote hunters won't listen. They'll throw out claims of attacks on humans (almost never) and pets (rarely) without considering the balance of things.

I saw this on the news the other day. We have plenty of Coyotes in Alabama...but you just don't hear of them messing with people like they are doing in California now.

Scientists Probe Recent Coyote Attacks in California
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 08:41 am
That's because in Alabama they are controlled through lethal means and have retained a fear of humans.

Coyotes are smart. They can spot an unarmed hunka dinner pretty quick.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 10:26 am
mismi wrote:
littlek wrote:
Cateyes - welcome to A2K. You'll find very few people here willing to change their opinion about coyotes (on either side - pro or con).

I'm right in line with you, though. I know coyotes promote healthy ecosystems. I could explain why, as you have done. But, the coyote hunters won't listen. They'll throw out claims of attacks on humans (almost never) and pets (rarely) without considering the balance of things.

I saw this on the news the other day. We have plenty of Coyotes in Alabama...but you just don't hear of them messing with people like they are doing in California now.

Scientists Probe Recent Coyote Attacks in California

mismi, the problem here (CA) is that they build these massive housing projects in the suburbs and build further and further into the wild. The
coyotes have hardly any place left to roam around freely. This in combination with the horrible fires of the past years, the coyotes are
pushed into suburb and city dwellings.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 10:46 am
They make nice mittens.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 10:48 am
http://www.mackspw.com/ProductImages/Large/ENV42209C.jpg
0 Replies