The Failed Presidency.

hobitbob

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 08:16 pm
THe ReDHoRN wrote:
Twisted Evil IM TALKING ABOUT HOW BUSH WASNT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LOSS OF THAT CHILD.

As the person who ordered the attack, he bears the ultimate responsibility. You might want to look into some of the precedents set by the Nuremberg Trials.
0 Replies

THe ReDHoRN

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 08:18 pm
Maybe im cruel and unjust or maybe all republicans from texas are that way! If your smart enough you would know what I am talking about! Is it wrong to like bush? Why have this discussion if your going to continue to argue with me. You people just want to argue, not have a civil intellectual discussion here. This was intended for the sole purpose to exchange ideas now it has become personal! Twisted Evil WHy do you continue to persist? Maybe because you feel inferior? Or maybe because you dont have anything better to do but argue with people, do me a favor and grow up!
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 08:26 pm
Quote:
For all the days and nights he spends raising record amounts of money, why doesn't he pay a visit - even just one - to the family of an American who lost his life obeying his Commander In Chief? Could it be that Mr. Bush is afraid he'll be asked why he injudiciously taunted Iraq's insurgents with "Bring 'em on?" They came on, all right. Could it be that it would be hard to come clean with those who mourn, hard to convince them that the threat for which their loved ones died looks contrived? Or might campaign cash just be more important?

Bush needs to come clean
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 08:28 pm
Is it wrong to like Bush? No. He is a very Charismatic individual. I'm sure he's a hell of a guy to down a few with. I ahve always had great respect for Rice, as well. I just think that no matter how they are as people, they have made some horrible policy decisions, and need to be removed from power. The last president whom I think may have actually really been a good person all of the time is Carter.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 08:29 pm
OK, having gotten reamed for my slug fest with Percy this past weekend, can we all pretend to play nice? Honestly, I see better behaviour from my 8 y.o. white belts!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 08:31 pm
Okay, guys, cool it. No name calling, please. Stick to topic. Thx, c.i.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 08:34 pm
My dad can beat up BOTH your dads, with both arms and one leg tied behind his back!AND you can swing FIRST!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 09:06 pm
C'mon, now, kids ... poke at the politicians and their policies, not one another.

That said, I'm no big fan of Bush The Younger. Since I don't see "Anyone But" as a realistic option, and none of The Democrats really looks like a winner at least for the present, I suspect he'll be around a while. Though things domestic and foreign are not as rosy as The Administration tries to portray them, they're nowhere near as dire as The Media and The Opposition present them either. Leading Indicators, such as Machine Tool Orders, Inventory Levels, and stabilization of unemployment, along with slow but steady growth of the world stock market valuations, stability of energy prices and consumer spending, and the declining potential for tension on the order of the runup to Desert Freedom all point to a secure seat for The Sitting President. Just a noticeable, even if gradual, overall improvement in the domestic economy over the next year, with continued negligible inflation and relatively low interest rates, likely would be enough to lock up the election. As far as warchest funding goes, the Dems are currently at something like a four-to-one dissadvantage ... a mighty big hole for a minority party to climb out of and mount a successful challenge from, even if blessed with a strong candidate, and a distinc,t proactive platform. If Osama or Saddam happen to come to a public end, or the WMD or Terror Link questions turn out to Bush's advantage, heck, that's just a bonus. This time next year, I wouldn't be too surprised to see The Major Issues bein' Iran, North Korea, Judicial Nominations, and Domestic Energy Infrastructure Redevelopment ... along with Israel/Palestine, of course. At this point, about the only way to get George out of office would involve a state funeral ... and then there'd be Cheney. Careful what you wish for.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2003 07:57 am
Stretched thin
Big shortage of supplies for forces in Iraq, brass admits

By RICHARD SISK
DAILY NEWS WASHINGTON BUREAU
WASHINGTON - Humvees are running on bald tires, and tank treads are falling off armored vehicles as the Army's supply chain is stretched as thinly as the troops in Iraq, top officers and enlisted soldiers said yesterday.The always difficult job of getting beans and bullets to the field also has been complicated in Iraq by increasing Army commitments around the world, Gen. Paul Kern, head of the Army Materiel Command, said at the Pentagon."We haven't closed down Afghanistan, we've still got people operating in the Balkans and I've got my eye on Korea," Kern said. "So we can't take all the resources of the U.S. Army and send them all to Iraq."Kern and three sergeant majors on duty in Iraq said the Army has a two-month backlog for Humvee tires and a three-month wait for treads on Abrams tanks and Bradley fighting vehicles.Kern said the demand for Bradley treads is so great that the Army has been sending replacements by air rather than by sea. "That's a pretty expensive way to move track, but that's what we're doing," Kern said.Much of what has been supplied also can't be used because of mismatches in the logistics chain, said Sgt. Maj. Michael Bush, the top enlisted soldier in the 1st Armored Division."I've got air conditioners stacked up all over the place" to give troops relief from the 120-plus-degree heat, Bush said.But "there's a problem with getting the electricity and power generation in the quantity and size that we need to power everything," Bush said.Sgt. Maj. Charles Fuss of the 4th Infantry Division said his troops lack generators for the air conditioners. With generators at a premium in Iraq, "We're having to go outside this country to try to purchase them because the commercial power is undependable," Fuss said.Some war planners may have misjudged how long peacekeeping would take in Iraq, and how many troops would be needed, Kern said."Some did, some didn't," Kern said. "It's a question of, 'Did you do enough?' The answer right now is, 'Probably not.'"Despite the shortages, morale is high for troops who "walk with death every day out on patrols," said Sgt. Maj. Kenneth Prescott of the Army's V Corps."What the enemy doesn't understand is, the more they attack us, the more fight we'll take to them," Prescott said.

Another failure of the Bush administration. Rumsfeld was warned that we were too thin in men and I would suppose the equipment and he scoffed at it time after time in interviews. Come to think of it I haven't heard from that clown lately.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2003 07:58 am
Thanks for re-opening.

Red and I exchanged some apologies via PM last night and will contain ourselves.

I'm going back now to edit.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2003 08:08 am
Timber
Quote:
That said, I'm no big fan of Bush The Younger. Since I don't see "Anyone But" as a realistic option, and none of The Democrats really looks like a winner at least for the present,

Indeed the democratic candidates are not a sterling group, or don't appear to be so however, you don't know how good a fruit is until you have tasted it. Well, we tasted Bush and he has turned out to be bitter. Almost any of them would be a better choice than Bush. How could they be worse?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2003 08:13 am
News flash - judge sends FOX NEWS packing in a negative judgement and admonition regarding their claim that Al Franken can't use "Fair and Balanced" on the cover of his book. Laughing
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2003 09:17 am
Nobody was enthusiastic for Carter or Clinton this early in the campaign, either. Takes time for an old fashioned steamroller to get there.
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2003 10:40 am
LW - and the judge said this was an easy case. That to trademark a phrase that is and has been in common use is......................ludicrous? That this was definitely parody. Fox threatens to take it further.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2003 10:45 am
This administration refused to listen to the good advise of General Eric Shenseki who told Rummy and company that it would take 200,000 troops after the war. They turned around and repremanded him, because they didn't agree. General Shenseki is no more, and what we have left are the bozos that will not listen to the experts. The carnage against US military after the war is the responsibility of this administration and Rummy. c.i.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2003 11:57 am
FOX is continuing to show how they've climbed to the top by groveling to the right (fair and balanced, indeed) and the kind of pettiness involved in the text of their complaint would put the National Enquirer to shame. They have gradually turned into a new form of tabloid media. I'm sure we will see Franken show up on the Jon Stewart and Bill Maher shows.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2003 03:15 pm
The Failed Presidency. -------------

Even Al Franken would be better. It would serve the Republicans good to find a new candidate for 2004 instead of a criminal!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2003 03:21 pm
Funny, I used to cringe when people would call any of our Presidents a crook, but now Bush has mananged to make it just like calling the Pope catholic.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2003 03:31 pm
Gees, with Nixon, Reagan, BushI, BushII - and even Clinton (those his criminals acts were to protect his family - not deceive the nation)!

Gosh LW, looks like a required trait!
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2003 03:32 pm
LW
Is he a crook or just does not know any better. Let's face it they do not try the mentally deficient in a court of law simply because they are not able to distinguish right from wrong. I am beginning to believe Bush fits in that category. Can't read, speak in coherent sentences and is incapable of cogent thought. Embarrassed Rolling Eyes
0 Replies