The Failed Presidency.

hobitbob

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 06:29 pm
THe ReDHoRN wrote:
Do you watch FOX TV and were you constantly updated on the war? I understand that those people didn't deserve it but what I was saying that the situation could have been avoided!

You aren't going to find much support for FOX as a news source from either side around here. It has proven itself to have zero credibility. Confused
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 06:30 pm
I fail to see how anyone could say that his is the best we could have done -- of course, history is something written ten to twenty years after events and hoping that the facts don't get lost in the interpretation, I don't believe the historians will be kind to Dubya. We are just now finding out that Nixon very likely gave the order for the break in at Watergate! That was only a sympton of a very sick Presidency even considering the opening up of relations with China, something many conservative Republicans seem to now wish had never happened. It's not that anyone was issued an ultimatum and decided they would not do what we wanted them to do -- it's what is happening there right now and I believe we've fueled the terrorism, playing right into Al Queda's hands (among others). The terrorist recruiting now seems to be enjoying a huge resurgence. If one lives in Texas but far enough away from the ranch, I wouldn't sweat it. If you live close, that's not cow manure you're smelling.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 06:32 pm
After their attack on Al Franken, writing all sorts of editorial crap in the civil complaint against using "fair and balanced," I have lower my respect rating for FOX News down to 2. Colmes is the only reason for the 2.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 06:32 pm
Do tell!
0 Replies

THe ReDHoRN

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 06:33 pm
I meant this was the best the nation could of done with a president with the IQ of 80!
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 06:35 pm
THe ReDHoRN wrote:
I meant this was the best the nation could of done with a president with the IQ of 80!

Aren't you boosting it a bit? I've taken care of long term heroin addicts that had a better grip on reality than Bushy-Poo II.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 06:36 pm
And a C average in Harvard Business School which he used to dupe investors into buying his company -- very likely with the books fixed to make it look good. I'm sure Daddy was able to fix that one for him too. The business, of course, failed -- perhaps because the principals were all out getting drunk at a Planet Hollywood...
0 Replies

THe ReDHoRN

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 06:37 pm
Fine 60, I only wanted to establish here that there must be some form of respect for the idiot with a good heart!
0 Replies

LibertyD

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 06:37 pm
LMAO!!! Red! Nothing like pure honesty.

I would like to suggest that you read more news articles and political journals before you let yourself (PMS or no) get so fired up about defending Bush's presidency. It sounds to me like you're just using info that you've heard others say without first trying to see all viewpoints in the arguement or to educate yourself on the matter.

Arts and Letters Daily has a great selection of articles and links to newspapers and journals from all over the world and representing many different political views. Especially if you're going to get involved in the political threads around here, you need to be able to back up what you're saying.

You should paruse the older threads here, too -- you could learn a lot.

By the way, to answer the original question, Bush is a miserable failure. I don't think I could add anything else that someone else hasn't mentioned. The economy, foreign relations, war, deceit, greed, cronyism...Bush is dangerous.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 06:38 pm
On second thought, it couldn't have been Planet Hollywood -- with that kind of bad service, nobody could get drunk.
0 Replies

THe ReDHoRN

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 06:47 pm
Does rush limbaugh count as a credible source? Or how about the san antonio news paper, you have to understand texas is vastly conservative! And there is no such thing as radical opposition to bush where I come from and if so you would probaly get your ass kicked! However all i hear about is the conservative perspective. Politics is plain and simple there is no grey and research, it's knowledge acquired through results. And the results show that many people are content with Bush and many foreign countries and their leaders love him! THAT'S MY BUSH! Very Happy
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 06:50 pm
But this idiot with a good heart is very dangerous to mankind and all living things on this planet.
0 Replies

THe ReDHoRN

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 07:01 pm
he's an idiot he doesnt know that he was just trying to lower our prices on oil and get the man that tried to kill his daddy! Razz Razz
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 07:48 pm
Austin's a litte more middle of the road. San Antonio was the land of hairspray and peroxide when I was there in '90 and '98.
0 Replies

THe ReDHoRN

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 07:51 pm
Now it has strip clubs and pregnant teenagers working in strip clubs! Along with vegans and closet liberals!
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 07:53 pm
THe ReDHoRN wrote:
he's an idiot he doesnt know that he was just trying to lower our prices on oil and get the man that tried to kill his daddy! Razz Razz

He's 0 for 2, Red.

BTW, I would also dispute "good heart". No one has killed more innocent people --on Death Row, in Afghanistan, in Iraq--than this man.

Ask that Iraqi boy who lost his family and his arms if Bush is a Christian man with a good heart. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 07:56 pm
THe ReDHoRN wrote:
Now it has strip clubs and pregnant teenagers working in strip clubs! Along with vegans and closet liberals!
\
Hmmm...sounds like Baltimore. Shocked
0 Replies

THe ReDHoRN

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 07:57 pm
Death row is a different subject i'll let you be the judge of those men on death row! What about the innocent babies those certain democrats and liberals had the nerve to slaughter? And no bush wasn't in the plane dropping bombs or carrying a machine gun! think about it!
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 08:00 pm
THe ReDHoRN wrote:
Death row is a different subject i'll let you be the judge of those men on death row! What about the innocent babies those certain democrats and liberals had the nerve to slaughter? And no bush wasn't in the plane dropping bombs or carrying a machine gun! think about it!

What on earth are you talking about?

THe ReDHoRN wrote:
And no bush wasn't in the plane dropping bombs or carrying a machine gun! think about it!

Bush' questionable Texas ANG service has been a much discussed topic here, believe me!
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 08:07 pm
THe ReDHoRN wrote:
Death row is a different subject i'll let you be the judge of those men on death row!

I was actually referring to Karla Faye Tucker, the woman that Dubya mocked right before he killed her. She was far from innocent, but she converted to Christianity, and by all accounts was a reformed and redeemed person. Did God tell Bush to execute her as he did the thousands of women and children in Iraq who couldn't get out of the bombs' way fast enough?

(remainder edited for civility)
0 Replies