Question for the left and right:

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 12:23 pm
As an interesting aside, I ran across an article on what race the ancient Egyptians were... seems they were a melting pot, too: http://www.catchpenny.org/race.html
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 01:33 pm
Re: Question for the left and right:
flaja wrote:
If the Right cannot define victory in Iraq because victory is such a vague concept, how is defeat not equally a vague concept, i.e., something that the Left cannot define?

I never said the Right couldn't define "victory." I said that the Bush administration has been unable to define "victory." I suppose there are conservatives who are quite capable of defining both "victory" and "defeat" in relation to the Iraq War.

flaja wrote:
Quote:
You must have missed this the first time I wrote it:
    The only "victory" that is both possible and favorable, then, would be for the US to withdraw its forces from Iraq immediately and attempt to repair the damage for which it is responsible. Any other outcome would be a defeat.

In other words you define defeat by the simple fact that we are in Iraq in the first place- just like I said.

Elsewhere you've said that you have an undergraduate degree in biology, and that you have 40 semester hours in history classes. It's a shame that, during that extensive (and mystifyingly prolonged) collegiate education you were unable to develop any reading comprehension skills.

flaja wrote:
Who's to say that your interpretation of the case law is the correct interpretation?

Who's to say it isn't?

flaja wrote:
Care to give some examples as to when, where and why international disputes were settled by arbitration before 1787?

You really expect me to find weblinks to corroborate data that I have accumulated over the past 30 years or so?

flaja wrote:
And if submitting a dispute to international arbitration was our only recourse for dealing with foreign nations, we could not be a sovereign nation because we would have always been dependent upon and subject to the whims of other nations.

As noted liberal Ronald Reagan once said: "There you go again!" I never said that arbitration would be the only method of resolving international disputes. I merely pointed out that it was a method of resolving disputes that was not unknown to the drafters of the constitution. Certainly the arbitration provisions included in the Jay Treaty of 1794 confirm that fact.

flaja wrote:
Yes it does. By definition crimes committed on the high seas are not committed within the jurisdiction of any nation since no nation has sovereignty over the high seas. Thus piracy has nothing to do with statutory international law. But Article I gives the Congress the power to make statutory international law.

There is no such thing as "statutory international law."

flaja wrote:
Even if this is true, the Constitution does not limit offenses against the law of nations to piracy and felonies committed on the high seas. Congress can and does decide what other actions violate the law of nations.

You really do have trouble understanding the written word. Perhaps if I type slower you'll be able to get the gist of it.

I never said that piracies and felonies committed on the high seas are the only offenses against the law of nations. Just because piracy is an offense against the law of nations doesn't mean that every offense against the law of nations is piracy. A proposition can only be partially converted. "All dogs are mammals" doesn't mean that "all mammals are dogs."

flaja wrote:
I don't see where the Constitution denies such power to other nations. Every nation must have this power in order to maintain their individual sovereignty. But then the idiots on the Left don't want the U.S. to have any sovereignty.

The US constitution can neither grant nor deny any power to other nations.
0 Replies

flaja

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 02:37 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
As an interesting aside, I ran across an article on what race the ancient Egyptians were... seems they were a melting pot, too: http://www.catchpenny.org/race.html

Meaning that they were not all black Africans as the Left would have us believe.
0 Replies

flaja

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 02:40 pm
Re: Question for the left and right:
joefromchicago wrote:
flaja wrote:
If the Right cannot define victory in Iraq because victory is such a vague concept, how is defeat not equally a vague concept, i.e., something that the Left cannot define?

I never said the Right couldn't define "victory." I said that the Bush administration has been unable to define "victory."

How so? What lead you to this conclusion? Would victory in Iraq not be an Iraq that has a stable democratic government governing a country that can defend itself against foreign aggression while posing no aggressive threat to other countries? Aren't these things what GWB and Co. want?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 02:41 pm
flaja wrote:
dagmaraka wrote:

Meaning that they were not all black Africans as the Left would have us believe.

How can you seriously type something like this?

Is 'the left' a boogeyman, which represents all that you don't like or agree with?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 02:47 pm
flaja wrote:

Whoever "the left" is - none historian especially no egyptologist ever said such.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 02:52 pm
That there Nefertiti, she don't look like no black African to me . . .

http://www.artsales.com/images/nefertiti%20restored%20(2).jpg

[Homer Simpson]Mmmmmmmmmm . . . Nefertiti . . . [/Homer Simpson]
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 03:24 pm
flaja wrote:
Foofie wrote:
The need to retort on every thought, including whether "I get out much" is beyond my level of comfort.

Then stop telling lies and partial truths. You give the impression that no Protestant has ever had both German and British ancestry. This is absolutely untrue.

I have German and British ancestry and I am a Protestant.

My mother's father had German and British ancestry and his family were Protestants.

H. Norman Schwarzkopf is Protestant, but his mother was a descendant of Thomas Jefferson, thus H. Norman Schwarzkopf has both German and British ancestry.

Dwight Eisenhower had German ancestry on his father's side and partial British ancestry on his mother's side, but Eisenhower was Protestant.

The Queen of England has both British and German ancestry, but she's a Protestant.

Quote:
I retract everything I've posted in this thread. But you should agree that if you believe the "Moses story," he was raised in the Royal Court of the Pharohs who were Black Africans at that time.

Your documentation for these black-African Egyptians is what?

Quote:
Hebrews were a people of color at that point in history. And, they lightened up somewhere, but let's not argue that point, since I don't want to offend any of your Teutonic sensitivities.

The Jews are a subset of Israelites, since not all of the descendants of Jacob are Jews. When King Solomon died his son and successor raised taxes to the point that 10 of the tribal components of his kingdom rebelled and created their own kingdom. This new kingdom was known as Israel, while the original kingdom became the Kingdom of Judah. Judah consisted of the tribes of Judah and Benjamin with a portion of the Levites. The people of the Kingdom of Judah became the Jews.

Furthermore, the Israelites were likely a subset of the Hebrews so not ever Hebrew has been an Israelite or a Jew.

And the Israelite tribes stemmed from at least 4 different women and only two of these tribes came from full-blooded brothers- Joseph and Benjamin, who were both sons of Rachel. The other Israelite tribes came from Rachel's sister Leah and an assortment of surrogate mothers drawn from the two sisters' handmaids. And then Joseph's two sons were born of an Egyptian mother and they each became separate tribes in their own right- there was no tribe of Joseph when it came time to distribute the land of Canaan to the Israelites.

I said:
"I've never met anyone with German and British ancestry that are Protestant."
Now, how does that "give the impression that no Protestant has ever had both German and British ancestry," as you say above? I only stated what my limited experience is, since in my neck of the woods there are very few people who are either British, German or a combination. Entiende?

I'm also wondering who, other than Jews, claim to be descended from the Hebrews??? I thought only Jews claim descent from the Hebrews?

I don't give much veracity to biblical history, as far as who descended from who. I only know that Jews celebrate Passover every year, since the Exodus story from Egypt is their story. It's not the story of Protestants who seem to have adopted these stories? At that time they (Jews) looked quite Egyptian. No straight blond hair or red hair, or fair eyes, or pale skin, like so many of the ultra-Orthodox today. They didn't get this look just from the Cossack rapes in Russia. But, perhaps you know better, being an expert on these matters.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 03:37 pm
http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=107935

The above link i presume from you which is in non-featured title just below.

"It is always best to be cautious about declaring premature victories in politics. Declaring the battle won while it is still being fought is a sure recipe for defeat. Also, the gods have a way of punishing presumption. Still, it is important the successes be recognized both so people can see the benefits of political action and also so the strategies can be analyzed for future battles."
Dean Baker
Dean Baker is the co-director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 03:39 pm
flaja wrote:
dagmaraka wrote:

Here's a thorough history:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egypt
It seems to say that at the time any Moses would have been in Egypt, the people there were African. After 343 BC foreign invaders conquered Egypt.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 03:45 pm
Advocate wrote:
What the hell does all this ancestry stuff have to do with victory in Iraq. Are we not all basically the same.

One wouldn't guess that, reading this thread.

But, victory in Iraq may be beyond anyone's capabilites, since Iraqis are having the same problem as this thread.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 03:53 pm
So Egypt was ruled some 3,000 years by African pharaos.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 03:56 pm
foofie wrote:
But, victory in Iraq may be beyond anyone's capabilites, since Iraqis are having the same problem as this thread.
I just really adore this sentence. Reminds me very little of Hemingway.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 04:14 pm
I am flabbergasted that anyone would seriously discuss whether or not the Egyptians were Africans. Was Egypt once located somewhere else, and later moved to Africa, and no one bothered to tell me?

Help me out here folks, did i miss something?
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 04:29 pm
I'm kinda flabbergasted at that leftwing conspiracy to have everyone believe that ancient Egyptians were all 'black Africans'.

It raises questions.

Does anybody who's on the left make anybody else want to believe in the blackness of ancient Egyptians? Or is it the other way 'round?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 04:34 pm
The other way around?

Oh, you mean can ancient Black African Egyptians be reasonably accused of making people believe in the left?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 04:41 pm
So let me see if i've got this right: Ancient Egyptian black Africans have had a leftwing conspiracy, literally for millennia, to ship your children to the West Coast of North America to be indoctrinated as homosexuals? Did i leave anything out?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 04:47 pm
Setanta wrote:
So let me see if i've got this right: Ancient Egyptian black Africans have had a leftwing conspiracy, literally for millennia, to ship your children to the West Coast of North America to be indoctrinated as homosexuals? Did i leave anything out?
You omitted Hollywood.
0 Replies

flaja

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 06:19 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
flaja wrote:
dagmaraka wrote:

How can you seriously type something like this?

Is 'the left' a boogeyman, which represents all that you don't like or agree with?

Cycloptichorn

http://www.amazon.com/Not-Out-Africa-Afrocentrism-Republic/dp/product-description/046509838X

http://www.opinioneditorials.com/freedomwriters/jjordan_20050929.html
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 06:30 pm
Excuse me please flaja
Your second link has these words.
The tradition of America with it's lofty creeds blows any other tradition away. That's why the rest of the world is envious, and looking back thousands of years, mutating history in the desperate effort to find a competitive alternative. To use a favorite epithet of the Left, they "just don't get it."

Should I type more words?
0 Replies