divorce rates so high... BECAUSE

jake123

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 02:43 pm
Quote:
If women were the ones who gave birth, but men had the milk, they'd be the one's stuck at home.....wearing high heels....getting their feet bound.....wearing corsets.....stupid breasts

I happen to like breasts.

And I do wear high-heels and corsets on special occasions. Laughing
I also know that my man-boobs are all hairy and I don't think my son would like them very much even if I did lactate.

Although he, like his brothers and sister before him, takes great delight in grabbing hold of my abundant chest hair and pulling real hard. Oooouuuuchh!

Regardless, I don't think any of this has much to do with the divorce rate. And I don't have an explanation for that. I just think the guy that started this thread is a knob-shine.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 08:12 pm
Breasts have very little to do with it. The reason that women have always been given special treatement in almost every society is the uterus.

If half the women in a village die... it means half the number of wombs and half the rate of reproduction. On the other hand, helf the men can die without affecting the reproduction rate at all.

Men can be shared (and even breasts can be shared). The uterus is the one part of the process that can't be replaced or shared.

A uterus is far too valuable a commidity to risk hunting bears.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 08:19 pm
Now you've got me swooning.

When did you become a romantic? Very Happy
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 08:20 pm
But it can be risked getting the **** kicked out of it on a regular basis by the hunter.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 08:24 pm
a uterus?

huh..?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 08:33 pm
pssst.....it's right below the buhgina.

It's what you pee out of.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 08:56 pm
That's news to me...
0 Replies

ImLostingYouNow

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 12:23 pm
http://www.divorcerate.org/
0 Replies

ImLostingYouNow

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 12:40 pm
http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com/index.cfm?PgNm=TCE&Params=A1SEC886249

scroll down to divorce.

and no actually im not married, or even planning on getting married. and yes im posting this because something happened to me just a couple weeks ago that's similar to this. P.S.: im 15.

My gf and i went to afterlife (club) and she got wasted and had to stay at my house so i took her home at 1 am in the morning. i go in, and there's my dad watching t.v. He tells allows me to let her stay here until the morning, but i can't sleep in the same room with her.
My mom tells him that he's being too unreasonable, and tells me that i could go up with her to my room and she can spend the night there.

later i hear them arguing, and my dad is saying why did you let them sleep in the same room, and she says there's nothing wrong with them sleeping in the same room, they are together.

Dont you think thats wrong of my mother to say tht. ? i mean she could've first maybe discussed it with my dad before coming to one final decision like tht. I appreciate it how she let us sleep together, and i appreciate it how my dad told me i can keep her in the house until the morning, but i dunno, i felt that my dad lost some respect with my mom after that night. and i feel its all my fault Sad

my gf didn't mind sleeping on the couch, i should've let her sleep on the couch.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 12:51 pm
Oh grow up.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 01:10 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Breasts have very little to do with it. The reason that women have always been given special treatement in almost every society is the uterus.

If half the women in a village die... it means half the number of wombs and half the rate of reproduction. On the other hand, helf the men can die without affecting the reproduction rate at all.

Men can be shared (and even breasts can be shared). The uterus is the one part of the process that can't be replaced or shared.

A uterus is far too valuable a commidity to risk hunting bears.

no self respecting bear would do anything to damage a perfectly good uterus.... none of my relatives anyway....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 01:16 pm
ImLYN, your parents relationship is their own. Any arguments/disagreements between them are between them. What you do isn't going to matter much in the long run. If things are generally going well between them, they'll continue to do so.

There may be some issues of parenting or relationships that they disagree on - but they are not based in you. You aren't going to be the cause of changes in their relationship. Their reactions to what you do may bring things to light - but those feelings were already there.

Fairly recent statistics show us that divorces in Canada peak at the three-year point

http://www.statcan.ca/Daily/English/050309/d050309b.htm

(the Cdn Encyc. is pretty out of date)

Overall, divorce rates in Canada peaked in 1987 (partly as a general societal change following the changes in the divorce act in about 1967 - took society a little while to catch up with the law), but they've stabilized since then.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 01:18 pm
Of course, if people have been a few times, the Canadian stats suggest they'll divorce again. If you take them out of the equation, the divorce rate drops.

Definitely matches what I've observed in real life.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 01:35 pm
Re: divorce rates so high... BECAUSE
ImLostingYouNow wrote:
the divorce rates of Canada and the U.S.A. have been very high. I think i may have the answer to why they are so.

- women do not understand their roles as "women" anymore.

Women of course are allowed to work, but their main focus should be with the children, keeping the house clean, etc. Women run what goes on in the house, and the man is the one who should work the most.

overall it should be the final say of the husband not the wife in family decisions.

Enjoy this era while you can women.

Women are too confusing... i think ill just go gay.

DISCUSS

So this must be the answer I've been looking for. Thanks for letting me know why my husband left me after 16 years of marriage. Now if I can just figure out how to use the vacuum.
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 04:55 am
Maybe your dad should have discussed it with your mother, before he made his decision!
There are two people in a relationship, and each one should respect the other...

Other than that, I agree with you, that your mother should not have overruled your dad just like that.
Not because she is a woman, but she is an equal (and not more powerful) part of her partnership.
If your mother had spoken first, your dad should have not overruled her either.

Though the ideal situation would have been, that they discuss the matter before either one made a decission.

Then again, there is no way, my 15 year old son would be out til 01:00 getting drunk.
Nor would my 15 (or younger) year old daughter get wasted with a guy and then not come home!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 12:03 pm
Bohne wrote:
Maybe your dad should have discussed it with your mother, before he made his decision!
There are two people in a relationship, and each one should respect the other...

Other than that, I agree with you, that your mother should not have overruled your dad just like that.
Not because she is a woman, but she is an equal (and not more powerful) part of her partnership.
If your mother had spoken first, your dad should have not overruled her either.

Though the ideal situation would have been, that they discuss the matter before either one made a decission.

Then again, there is no way, my 15 year old son would be out til 01:00 getting drunk.
Nor would my 15 (or younger) year old daughter get wasted with a guy and then not come home!

I agree - this situation would not happen in my home - it all started out bad - 15 going out all night - getting wasted -

At that point - the sleeping together part and the parents disagreeing is minor.
0 Replies