divorce rates so high... BECAUSE

Chai

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 11:09 am
One time I had the flu and my husband let me sleep in the kitchen so I wouldn't have to walk all the way from the bedroom to make his dinner.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 11:58 am
jake123 wrote:
Quote:
Women of course are allowed to work, but their main focus should be with the children, keeping the house clean, etc. Women run what goes on in the house, and the man is the one who should work the most.

That's a very interesting analysis, but this is exactly how my marriage has been for the past 10 years and we are likely to divorce soon. So, either my marriage is an anomaly by your theory, or it shoots it down pretty much.

And mine is pretty much the opposite and so far so good - with lots of issues that I think could have caused couples to drift apart we get stronger with each hurdle and have been married happily still over 10 years.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 12:02 pm
Over the past few weeks the lady Diane has been talking to me about how now that we have been living together for over 4 years I should let her sleep in my bed. I keep explaining to her that my "suggestion" that she sleep at the straight chair at the dining room table is really for her benefit in maintaining good posture and only has the slightest benefit to me in that she is closer to the kitchen in the morning to have my coffee made when I rise from my queen sized bed and stumble into the kitchen half-awake. Like I said, it's not a rule that she has to sleep in the straight chair, it's just that it is only chair in the kitchen where she could sleep and I don't want her spine to get all mooshy or anything.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 12:11 pm
Chai wrote:
One time I had the flu and my husband let me sleep in the kitchen so I wouldn't have to walk all the way from the bedroom to make his dinner.

I wonder if you appreciate that?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 12:16 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Chai wrote:

I wonder if you appreciate that?

Well yeah.

That meant he took the chain off my ankle that allowed me to travel between the bed and the stove. I was tossing and turning so much the links were bruising my shins

I think it was a big show of faith in me that he knew I wouldn't make a break for it.

I mean, where would I go anyway?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 12:35 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:
I'm too busy seeing to my house work to think of anything intelligent to say. Besides, intelligent thoughts are for men.

Here's a fifty honey... go to the mall and buy yourself something nice....

Oh, thank you, daddy.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 12:46 pm
Free duck and Chai.... you show the appreciation and positive attitude that allows you to keep your men.... you are rare gems....
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 01:26 pm
your husband gives you money?

the best gift my husband ever gave me was some tatoo on the top of my head

but, im not allowed to see it.. Confused
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 01:46 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Over the past few weeks the lady Diane has been talking to me about how now that we have been living together for over 4 years I should let her sleep in my bed. I keep explaining to her that my "suggestion" that she sleep at the straight chair at the dining room table is really for her benefit in maintaining good posture and only has the slightest benefit to me in that she is closer to the kitchen in the morning to have my coffee made when I rise from my queen sized bed and stumble into the kitchen half-awake. Like I said, it's not a rule that she has to sleep in the straight chair, it's just that it is only chair in the kitchen where she could sleep and I don't want her spine to get all mooshy or anything.

Gracious of you not to make her sleep on the floor of kitchen so she's even closer to the coffee pot, dys. Does she get a blanket?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 02:28 pm
only if she washes it
0 Replies

ImLostingYouNow

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 04:28 pm
my theory is that GOD created women different than men and men different than women. ( which is obvious).

Women have their duty and men have their duty. OR then why not create just one gender and be hermaphrodites ?

I'm being stereotypical when i say "All women dont understand their roles anymore" so therefore i will say "Some of the women i have met in my life do not understand their true roles as women in the house, in their outside life, etc. "

why women have changed SO much it hurts

Guys, if you have a child with your wife, and your child has grown up to about the age of 17, and he/she brings their gf/bf home and is about to take their gf/bf in their room. Im sure that the woman of the house will say "go ahead share your room" and the man of the house will say "hey hey hey, how can you let them sleep in the same room?"

So the woman, instead of defending her husband will make her husband look like a fool by saying that he's wrong in not allowing them to share the same room, but deep inside she knows that she doesn't want them to sleep in the same room.

What im TRYING to show you is that the women tend to want their child to grow up liking them and disliking their husband. While guys are straight up and will address a problem when they see it. A wife should support her husband's decisions, but unfortunately they dont anymore.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 04:32 pm
Okay, obviously this thread is not about the roles of men and women but about something that happened to you. Did your wife make you look like a fool? Or has she somehow managed to make your children dislike you?

What's your real issue?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 04:38 pm
ImLostingYouNow wrote:
my theory is that GOD created women different than men and men different than women. ( which is obvious).

Women have their duty and men have their duty. OR then why not create just one gender and be hermaphrodites ?

I'm being stereotypical when i say "All women dont understand their roles anymore" so therefore i will say "Some of the women i have met in my life do not understand their true roles as women in the house, in their outside life, etc. "

why women have changed SO much it hurts

Guys, if you have a child with your wife, and your child has grown up to about the age of 17, and he/she brings their gf/bf home and is about to take their gf/bf in their room. Im sure that the woman of the house will say "go ahead share your room" and the man of the house will say "hey hey hey, how can you let them sleep in the same room?"

So the woman, instead of defending her husband will make her husband look like a fool by saying that he's wrong in not allowing them to share the same room, but deep inside she knows that she doesn't want them to sleep in the same room.

What im TRYING to show you is that the women tend to want their child to grow up liking them and disliking their husband. While guys are straight up and will address a problem when they see it. A wife should support her husband's decisions, but unfortunately they dont anymore.

Yes women and men are different, but that doesn't mean a women has to take one role or another and the same as a man.

I think one of the benefits of women working is the father now has become more involved with their children than I remember growing up. My husband spends lots of time with the kids which I think only helps them.

I doubt moms tend to want to have their kids like them - my kids regularly tell me that I am mean. And I love when my girls have a good time with their dad - it is wonderful seeing them close. I love my husband and I love my children so why wouldn't you want them to like their dad?

And a husband and wife should support each others decisions. In good marriages whether a wife is home or a husband is at home or both work if they respect each other and support one another they will have a good marriage.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 04:43 pm
Actually one viewpoint I heard about increased divorce rates is because women are more independent. They do not need to have a husband support them. In the past, women got married young and had children younger - they did not have the same work experience and education opportunities that they do now. I remember my mom saying once that she couldn't get a job after she got married, because in an interview they would ask if she was married. If she said yes, their response was - we don't want to hire you, you are just going to get pregnant and leave.

Long ago, if a couple divorced the women did not have work experience or education to support herself. She had to deal with whatever crap her husband dealt her because she had to stay married to survive. More people stayed in unhappy and unhealthy marriages as a result.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 06:40 pm
my father abandoned me and my mother on my 4th. birthday. She had no skills except for her vocal skills and degree from New England Conservatory of music. So she sang in bands. I grew up poor and hearing about how my mother was a whore.

Being rid of my father was worth it I think to both of us.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 07:40 pm
Hey, Bear... Sounds like your Mom did OK by you....

Here's to strong women everywhere, and what they accomplish in spite of the crap we give 'em... Cool
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 07:55 pm
ImLostingYouNow wrote:
A wife should support her husband's decisions, but unfortunately they dont anymore.

Being married doesn't mean you leave your mind outside the door, ILYN.
If your decision is crap, why should your wife support it?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 08:37 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
ImLostingYouNow wrote:
A wife should support her husband's decisions, but unfortunately they dont anymore.

Being married doesn't mean you leave your mind outside the door, ILYN.

Apparently It does if you happen to be a man.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 09:07 pm
ImLostingYouNow wrote:
"... so therefore i will say "Some of the women i have met in my life do not understand their true roles as women in the house, in their outside life, etc. "

WHAT ARE THEIR TRUE ROLES AND WHO DECIDES THAT?

why women have changed SO much it hurts - THANK GOD

NOT ALL WOMEN WOULD SAY "GO AHEAD AND SHARE YOUR ROOM" - YOU'RE GENERALIZING.

IF SHE DOESN'T WANT THEM TO SLEEP IN THE SAME ROOM, THEN WHY DID SHE SAY "GO AHEAD"? IS THIS WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?

WHAT MAKES YOU THINK WOMEN WANT THEIR CHILDREN TO LIKE THEM AND NOT THEIR HUSBAND??? GUYS ARE STRAIGHT UP? NOT ALL OF THEM.

AND HUSBANDS SHOULD SUPPORT THEIR WIVES' DECISIONS, TOO.

YOU ARE GENERALIZING TOO MUCH AND BEING TOO SIMPLISTIC.

What's really bothering you?
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 10:25 pm
ImLostingYouNow wrote:

Correct me if I'm worng...but I don't think God kept in mind the "holy" duty of cleaning a man's dishes as a responsibility for the female of the species when he created man and woman in the first place.

Women have always had specific chores associtated with them because thats how the men wanted it. It's not written anywhere in the Bible that says a woman "shalt clean a man's dishes and iron his socks while thou are at it."
0 Replies