Today’'s breaking news stories…

Old Goat

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 05:44 am
'EE, well I'll go to the foot of our stairs!

An Australian psychology expert says that being grumpy is good for you!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8339647.stm (insert smiley here)
jespah

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 05:47 am
@Old Goat,
For once, justification of the expression "gaahhh" and, perhaps, a celebration of all things PMS?
wandeljw

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 07:50 am
@jespah,
Grumpiness adds balance to being overly cheerful.
jespah

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 08:14 am
@wandeljw,
Hey, that reminds me of this song!

0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 08:23 am
See they finally caught Ratko Mladic. I'm surprised.
http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0526/mladicr.html
wandeljw

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 09:39 am
@eurocelticyankee,
Instructions and a cheerful welcome to this game thread is in order for eurocelticyankee. The first letter of each post should follow alphabetically from the first letter of the preceding post. We are also trying to be humorous (although that may be difficult to notice sometimes).
wandeljw

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 09:42 am
@wandeljw,
Just for demonstration purposes, this post begins with the letter "J" because the preceding post begins with "I". (It is more difficult to demonstrate the humor aspect of this game.)
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 09:56 am
@wandeljw,
Keep 'em coming, wandel.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 12:00 pm
Lordy, lordy, what's gotten into everyone today? Just because no one - and I repeat: no one - has gotten a raise in 5 years, doesn't mean we're not cheerful.
Everyone has just a different interpretation of it - that's all!
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 02:59 pm
@CalamityJane,
Money, money, money, cash, cash, cash, cash, bank, bank, bank, no interest, no interest, no interest, broke, broke, broke, broke, broke....
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 03:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Not always ,cicerone. Sometimes we don't have words for the sad news
we either deliver, read, or experience ourselves. R.I.P dyslexia, or Bob Wells,
as many of us called him. You will never be forgotten, not here or anywhere......
jespah

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 05:01 pm
@CalamityJane,
Oh, how tough it is to read such things, even when they are a bit expected. Rest easy, cowboy.
Izzie

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 05:05 pm
@jespah,
PEACE

Perhaps not quite a full moon... but as our hearts are breaking - feel an arooooooooooooooo for our Bob.... his Dear Lady.... our Bethie and always our Noddy

Sorrow

so very sad - peace and rest for Bob xxxx
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 08:32 am
Quite why during a recent vacation to France T.A.Yagain felt the need to split an infinitive and as a result of feigned affectation searched in vain for a hyphen can only now be explained because in this French universe they call it a ‘trait d'union’. Only they could name a hyphen after an onion.

No other grammatical issue has so divided English speakers since the split infinitive was declared to be a solecism..... Sacrebleu!

Merci beau cul.

Addendum: To all those who were quite rightly outraged by my recent typographical malfunction; may I say that I understand your pain. I may, butt wait up...
Izzie

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2011 06:41 am
@Tryagain,
Race For Life

Race for Life is the largest women-only fundraising event in the UK. Since 1994, women of all ages and fitness levels across the UK have come together at these inspiring events to walk, jog or run to help beat cancer.

Some of our Race for Life women take part in celebration of surviving a cancer experience. Others take part in memory of a loved one or to give hope to a cancer-free future. But all of you share a common goal: to raise money for Cancer Research UK's groundbreaking work and to help save more lives.

One must don the appropriate gear...

T-shirt

http://www.redmolotov.com/images/designs/apostrophe-protection-society-tshirt_pinktshirt.jpg

and shorts

http://images0.cpcache.com/product/238945820v5_480x480_Front_Color-White.jpg

which you can borrow from your daily male!

Think PINK! apostrophe Save Lives.

and now for our regularly scheduled muscial interlude

a pocket full of dreams in New York ...
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2011 07:17 am
Space cadets rule!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_UZZCmMkPwnE/SlsEa2tRA2I/AAAAAAAABQg/6I71Rkn7v_Q/s320/The+Softones+-+Space+Cadet.png
Izzie

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2011 11:20 am
@jespah,
TENNIS

"True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost. Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can."
Arthur Ashe

Meanwhile – ash has been a problem in Chile where it's been a little heated...

A chain of volcanoes has erupted in southern Chile, forcing the evacuation of thousands of residents.

Large columns of smoke have been rising from the Puyehue-Cordon-Caulle volcano range, about 800km (500 miles) south of the capital, Santiago.

Witnesses also reported a strong smell of ash and sulphur. A dozen small earthquakes were recorded before the eruption began.

The officials have issued a red alert - the maximum warning level for the area.

Evacuation orders were issued for some 3,500 people, the local authorities said.

One day after it started to erupt, the volcano chain continues to send smoke and ash billowing over 10km (six miles) into the air.
And on Sunday morning, southern Chile was also hit by a strong earth tremor, although experts say they do not think the two events were linked. So far, there have been no reports of any injuries.

Argentine spillover

However, ash clouds have drifted to neighbouring Argentina where officials have ordered residents to stay indoors.

A regional airport in the Argentine city of Bariloche has been closed due to the volcanic ash, and an important road crossing between the two countries has also been shut.

One official there said ash was falling like snow.
Eyewitness Juli Kessler told the BBC she saw "big black clouds hanging over the Andes" and ash dust lying on the road.

This is the first serious eruption of the volcano chain since 1960, when the area was hit by a massive earthquake.

Chile is one of the most volcanic countries on Earth. There are over 3,000 volcanoes dotted along its length, and around 80 of them are active.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-13657187

As for our Andy – well, British Correspondent has a hoper in high gear for Wimbledon!

Bless that Roger – our Swiss boy will always be winner…even without A'Posh'Trophy

"I fear no one, but respect everyone.
Roger Federer"

"Love is nothing in tennis, but in life it’s everything" Wink
Author Unknown
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2011 10:34 am
Under, over, sideways down, in a quiescently way I wish to ameliorate the flagging fortunes of the printed media by subtly pointing out that this A2K thread is …

NUMBER 1 in the Google rankings. (Número uno en el Googleo rankingo)
About 83,700 results (0.27 seconds)

Today's breaking news stories… - Page 1839 Feb 2011 ... Unusual oversight in last night's A2K press awards: no recognition of wandeljw, the breaking news associate editor. 1 Reply. CalamityJane ...

able2know.org/topic/107059-183Page 185‎ - 20 posts - 19 Mar 2011
Page 90‎ - 20 posts - 19 May 2008
Page 17‎ - 20 posts - 10 Dec 2007
Page 16‎ - 20 posts - 8 Dec 2007

►CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment ...20 Jun 2011 ... CNN.com delivers the latest breaking news and information on the latest top stories, weather, business, entertainment, politics, and more.
www.cnn.com/ - Cached - SimilarLatest News Headlines India, India Latest Headlines ... - India TodayLatest Headlines, Indian Latest News Headlines, Latest Business News Headlines, Breaking News Headlines, Online News Headlines, Live News Headlines India, ...
indiatoday.intoday.in/site/section/4/1/latest-headlines.html –

CachedABCNews.com: Breaking News, Politics, World News, Good Morning ...ABCNews.com: Breaking News, Politics, World News, Good Morning America, Exclusive Interviews. ... Watch: High End Fashion for Today's Kids ...
abcnews.go.com/ - Similar

Eat your heart out CNN …Eat the dust of A2K ABC!

Although why only Wandel and C-J should get a mention has not been satisfactorily explained.

However bereft as I am in the passing of the Tiger, given the choice I would much rather pass a marshmallow; less of a strain on the lower organs you understand. Nevertheless, notwithstanding our editorial differences I do agree with you...

East coast girls are hip
I really dig those styles they wear
And the Southern girls with the way they talk
They knock me out when I'm down there

The Mid-West farmer's daughters really make you feel alright
And the Northern girls with the way they kiss
They keep their boyfriends warm at night

I wish they all could be California
I wish they all could be California
I wish they all could be California girls…..
jespah

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2011 12:01 pm
@Tryagain,
Verra interestin' although a Google search for "today's breaking news stories" (with the quotes) reveals, among other things, bikini babes.

Then again, the connection to C-Jane would be strong in that area, eh?
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2011 02:55 pm
@jespah,
Well, that connection is only good for today - tomorrow, this reporter is heading to the homeland. Sauerkraut & Bratwurst instead of Caesar Salad w/broiled chicken. Prost!!!