Project Runway--Back Again

Roberta

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 10:12 pm
And the fan favorite is.............................Christian.

Shocked Drunk Twisted Evil

The American viewing public never ceases to amaze me on the one hand and disappoint me on the other.

That arrogant, small-minded, egotistical, nasty, petty back-stabbing, little twerp. I guess now I'll have to add "beloved" to my list of adjectives.

The reunion show was eh. Forgot that the first two to leave were ever there. No great revelations. A few interesting tidbits.

Awaiting the design off.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 07:35 am
Oh, so the design-off hasn't happened yet? I've been trying to figure that out, thought I missed it -- that the reunion show would be AFTER the show completed, winner chosen, etc.

I caught a bunch of episodes in the last couple of days (thanks for the heads-up, Swimpy!) I love Sweet P -- she really reminds me of an old friend of mine. She's just so, what, raw? All of her emotions are right there on the surface, and she's so nice. Too nice at times of course but I really like her.

I have to say I like Christian too. I know, he's an insufferable little twerp. But he has a good sense of humor and is way creative. I loved him during the wrestling challenge, how he was so impressed by his model and really having fun with the whole thing, while everyone else was moaning and groaning. Well Chris was fun in that too. ("Yay! Tacky! That's my thing!")

I skipped around, order-wise, so was gobsmacked when I saw Chris voted off... but but but he's there later on...! Then saw the Jack episode. Poor guy. Were there any revelations about him during the reunion episode? He's OK?

Jillian's impressive -- that coat she made with Victorya was wow, and I like her personal style too.

Speaking of insufferable little twerps, I could not STAND Victorya. Someone without much actual self-esteem who over-compensates. I don't like Ricky much either but how she acted in that team challenge, BLEH.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 07:39 am
Oh and for the prom dress challenge I thought Sweet P's dress was so much better than Victorya's. It was prettier, it was a better combination of listening to what the client wanted and her own vision (less revealing than the girl wanted for example). I didn't think Victorya's was flattering and I did NOT like those jewels.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 02:59 pm
Soz, Jack is ok. Victorya is a pain in the patoot.

Sorry, I don't remember the prom dress challenge much except that I thought Christian should have lost that one.

It appears that the reunion show was scheduled before the Bryant Park show.

I agree that Jillian is a wonderful designer. She creates wonderful clothes (usually) with lots of exquisite detail.

Now we'll just have to wait.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 03:10 pm
Victorya's:

http://mt4-blogs.bravotv.com/pr4/blogs/raterunway_07_220x415.jpg

Sweet P's:

http://mt4-blogs.bravotv.com/pr4/blogs/raterunway_05_220x415.jpg
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 03:14 pm
Thanks for the refresher. Yes, Sweet P's was better.

Just went to the Bravotv site. It's possible to see some of the final Bryant Park fashions for each designer.

Wonder why they're giving this away before the show airs. I sort of stumbled into it, and I'm now sorry I saw it. I prefer the suspense.

Not gonna comment unless you guys go and look too.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 04:09 pm
Oh, thanks for the warning!

I saw that on the sidebar but thought it must be for previous collections, or something. So far all I've really delved into is Tim's blog (he comments on every outfit, and I tend to agree with his assessments over the official judges') and the games (do I need to say that sozlet absolutely adores the you're-the-designer game?)
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 10:09 pm
I caught the reunion show tonight. No great revelations. Christian the fan fav? I don't get it. Next week should be fun. Chris v. Rami. dun dun dun.....
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 05:53 am
Since I saw the part of the final show that was held in Bryant Park, I have to wonder why Chris, but especially Rami, chose those dresses.

Of the three presented, I thought Chris's were marginally better, but I knew Rami would win. No info on this. Just from the judges' reactions to him all season. And he is a talent. (Don't know what to say about Chris's use of human hair other than feh.)

I thought it was ironic that the outfit the judges liked the best from Rami was the one that was draped.

There's a small competition on the Bravotv Web site. All the designers (well most of them) submitted three outfits to be judged by the fans. The winner gets $10,000. I woulda voted, but they wanted my real name. I ain't about to give my name to some steenkin' tv Web site. I thought it was a toss-up between Carmen and Rami.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 05:06 pm
Get those tvs warmed up ladies! I'm betting on Christian.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 05:53 pm
Can't watch it tonight but I think I've figured out the re-run schedule. I'm pretty caught up.

The human hair... hmmm! I see what Chris was going for and I think he did pretty well, but Rami did better.

Fun to get the up-close and personal view of the top four. Chris' friend's apt. was amazing.

(Sozlet had a friend over today who also likes "Project Runway" -- they staged a show for me, I was the judge. Themselves and dolls.)
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 05:57 pm
I think you're probably right about Christian, swimpy. Gonna try to get past my twerp bias and take a clear look at his collection.

Soz, I predict that I'll be back to discuss the winner. I'll put a spoiler warning at the top of the post. Don't wanna ruin anything for you.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 10:08 pm
Soz, I warn you....DON'T READ THIS! Just kiddign. I won't tell Very Happy

I thought the right person won. All the collections were amazing, though. I couild have been convinced to vote for any one of them. I agreed with the judges criticisms, too. Jillian still doesn't know who she is. She makes beautiful clothes but you could not identify her trademark, for lack of a better word. Rami has mad skills, but his color choices are weird, Christian sometimes goes over the top, like the kacket with the neck piece and then the floppy hat to boot. His final piece was a show stopper.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 10:40 pm
Soz--SPOILER AHEAD!

I thought all three had wonderful collections. I agreed with the judges' comments. But what didn't seem to be taken into account as fully as it might have been was wearability.

I thought that some of Christian's designs were stunning, and some were unwearable. One (with the big white ruffled collar) was grotesque. But he was the child star. (Not reflecting my twerp bias, just didn't like some of his clothes.)

In some respects I think that Jillian should have won. Yes, she did not present a cohesive collection. I don't know that she'll ever be able to do that. She's one of the most all-over-the-place thinkers I've seen on this show--or anywhere, for that matter. But her designs ranged from good to stunning.

I thought that Rami's stuff was too up and down. By this I mean that his stunning stuff was really, really up there. But a few of his designs were kinda ordinary.

I liked the season. I like the show. So far, I've watched for four seasons. I agreed with the first two winners, but not with the last two. Overall, not a bad average.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2008 11:11 am
I agree with everything you said, except the wearability issue. I think haute couture doesn''t need to focus on wearability so much. All of Christian's (and Rami's for that matter) fashions can be reworked for the ready to wear market. Jillian's are already there. she does great work and her stuff was gorgeous, but a little bit pedestrian.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2008 01:29 pm
Just back from the bravo site. Wanted to read Tim's Take and what the fans had to say. You can see Chris's and Sweet P's collections. Hers, IMO, eh. His, some amazing stuff.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2008 04:19 pm
I always enjoy Tim's take on things. I'll be back.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 11:57 am
I've stayed out thus far, planning to catch a rerun. No luck. It's been impossible. All reruns I've seen scheduled so far have been after 9 PM. Driving me crazy!!

At any rate, I haven't been able to escape the fact that the boy wonder won, so thought I'd check in and also ask for help in catching a rerun of the finale. I know it's on tomorrow at 9 PM, too late for me though.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 01:26 pm
soz, Sorry I can't be of help with the rerun. My tv listings are good only for a day ahead. I'm guessing that you might be able to catch this on the weekend. But that's a guess.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 02:42 pm
You can see the three collections at bravotv.com. I'll check the listings timight when I get home and see if their rerunning it soon.
0 Replies