What is so bad about Gov. Spitzer's plan? Hillary is Right!

dyslexia

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 10:02 am
I find it exceedingly interesting how lame brained conservative capitalists analyze/problem solve.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 10:03 am
woiyo wrote:
One thing that will slow illegal immigration is stopping the incentive, which is jobs. Penalize the employer.

And why should America's employers be drafted into the role of Uncle Sam's deputy sheriff? How about if an illegal operates an ice cream stand, and you buy a cone of ice from him -- should the government bust you too?
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 10:05 am
woiyo wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
this issue is complicated. I agree with woiyo (holy ****) that an illegal is illegal and that's really the only point. They don't belong here.

Having said that, we can't just put the cat back in the bag. this is 13 million people for god's sake, and no matter who says what they're not going to be depoerted.

Meanwhile we argue this nonsense and more and more illegals sneak in because we're so busy arguing we're not tightening up our borders and security.

Makes great party conversation though huh?
Laughing

They don't have to be "rounded up " and deported.

One thing that will slow illegal immigration is stopping the incentive, which is jobs. Penalize the employer.

Force these day laborers to come legally.

Why is this hard for Washington to understand?

You understand the problem and the solution, woiyo. I agree 100%. Dry up the demand and the supply goes with it. Make the employers play fair with their competition. Increase legal immigration if necessary and screen out criminals and drug dealers. Bring honor and full rights and privileges to hard working law abiding immigrants and end this nonsense.

The biggest problem is ourselves, with many people wanting to hire under the table, below the law, to save money and to continue to treat immigrants as second class citizens.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 10:07 am
Thomas wrote:
woiyo wrote:

And why should America's employers be drafted into the role of Uncle Sam's deputy sheriff? How about if an illegal operates an ice cream stand, and you buy a cone of ice from him -- should the government bust you too?

Employers are expected to obey thousands of other laws, including withholding taxes. What is so unrreasonable about expecting an employer to verify citizenship so that taxes are withheld legally?
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 10:09 am
dyslexia wrote:
I find it exceedingly interesting how lame brained conservative capitalists analyze/problem solve.

At least conservatives have a brain.

I suppose a smart liberal communist could do better, as you seem to be insinuating?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 10:16 am
okie wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

At least conservatives have a brain.
I'm not talking about "conservatives" I respect "conservatives" what I am talking about is "lame-brained" conservatives who latch onto "ideas" that are totally against the grain of "conservative" values for no other reason then that some media ashholes have created an issue that is more fact-toid that real.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 10:17 am
Oh, thanks for the clarification, dys. It makes perfect sense now.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 10:22 am
okie wrote:
Oh, thanks for the clarification, dys. It makes perfect sense now.
No problem Okie you seem confused quite often, I'm just here to help.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 10:28 am
I love it when the explanation of what to do about breaking laws is to simply ignore them, dys. It is beginning to make sense now, but not inconsistent with other brilliant liberal solutions. If only I could become a better student of liberalism, I might become a good little citizen out here and pay more taxes, celebrate Earth Day, and go ooh and aah when Hillary says anything about anything. She is after all the smartest woman to ever be in politics, is totally consistent, and always tells the truth. How am I doing, dys, am I getting smarter and less confused?

Another little point I am beginning to figure out too. I was trying to figure out how Thomas would think it is reasonable to expect employers to deduct Social Security from an employee's paycheck without finding out if the employee actually had a valid Social Security number? It is too much work to verify the social security or citizenship status, dys, and it is totally unreasonable. In fact, maybe just don't deduct the taxes, or if you do, keep it and don't send it in to the government. I understand it now. I am working hard on being reasonable and less confused. Give me some more pointers, dys, and Thomas.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 10:43 am
My wife and I have substantial investment in the companies that produce and market erectile dysfunction medications. As such, I'm a bit torn in my considerations of the worth of certain sorts of conservatives as these men are helping to enhance the family net worth.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 10:55 am
I'm a bit bearish on those sorts of stocks Bernie. I think men are gradually getting the message that erectile dysfunction is a jolly good thing as it saves them a great deal of hard-earned cash (a jibe), allows them to do what they wish with their precious time and reduces the risk of ear-drum perforations and other unfortunate conditions.

Oh for a moment's glory!!
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 11:13 am
blatham wrote:
My wife and I have substantial investment in the companies that produce and market erectile dysfunction medications. As such, I'm a bit torn in my considerations of the worth of certain sorts of conservatives as these men are helping to enhance the family net worth.

What a cute and absolutely brilliant liberal post, blatham! As I become educated here, I am absolutely amazed and impressed by such visionary thinking and intellectual excellence as you are obviously providing a prime example of here. I will await your further enlightenment for the rest of us stupid conservatives that want to crawl out of the dark ages of ignorance.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 11:15 am
Sheesh...I am hardly going to wait the length of time that might take.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 11:36 am
Thomas wrote:
woiyo wrote:

They have a patriotic and legal duty to obey the laws of this land. Having a license to transact business is not a right, it is a privilage. Therefore, how could an illegal immigrant be granted a license to transact business?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 11:49 am
woiyo wrote:
Having a license to transact business is not a right, it is a privilage. Therefore, how could an illegal immigrant be granted a license to transact business?
Interesting, is this true?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 11:56 am
dyslexia wrote:
woiyo wrote:
Having a license to transact business is not a right, it is a privilage. Therefore, how could an illegal immigrant be granted a license to transact business?
Interesting, is this true?

Your kidding, right?

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=99336,00.html
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 11:59 am
so an IRS tax number is also a business license?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 12:00 pm
dyslexia wrote:

You're a bigot, right?
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 12:05 pm
dyslexia wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

You're a bigot, right?

I knew it wouldn't be long before the bigot calling started. Great post, dys, go for it. Everybody is a bigot that does not agree with you.

One of the rules of liberal debate is that if you begin to lose a debate, accuse your opponent of being a bigot.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 12:11 pm
dyslexia wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

You're a bigot, right?

No, but you have proven yourself to be quite a stupid person.

Shall I also post the State requirements for starting a business so you can further ignore simple facts?
0 Replies