I'm confused

Montana

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 06:45 pm
Awwww!!! Thanks Wilso ;-)

I agree that a lot of men and women go for the person who is hard to get because I was that way when I was younger and I wouldn't look twice at these guys that were so sweet to me, so believe me when I tell you that it was my loss. I ended up with the biggest jerks simply because it was a challenge to get them and I wasted so many years with these losers. I did manage to pick some nice ones out of the loser bunch, but I still kick myself in the butt for all the great guys I let slip through my hands. I am no longer like that and I assure you that your flowers would not have been wasted on me. Please don't change who you are because some day you'll find a really great gal who will appreciate a man who is as sweet as you and is not interested in playing games.

Hang in there sweetie ;-)
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 02:47 am
Montana wrote:
Awwww!!! Thanks Wilso ;-)

I agree that a lot of men and women go for the person who is hard to get because I was that way when I was younger and I wouldn't look twice at these guys that were so sweet to me, so believe me when I tell you that it was my loss. I ended up with the biggest jerks simply because it was a challenge to get them and I wasted so many years with these losers. I did manage to pick some nice ones out of the loser bunch, but I still kick myself in the butt for all the great guys I let slip through my hands. I am no longer like that and I assure you that your flowers would not have been wasted on me. Please don't change who you are because some day you'll find a really great gal who will appreciate a man who is as sweet as you and is not interested in playing games.

Hang in there sweetie ;-)

I really needed that.

As it turns out-she has been treating my other study partner (female) almost the same. It wasn't me. It was nothing to do with being too clingy or too pushy. She's just a fruitcake.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 04:54 am
And she also believed that I was smoking dope before going to lectures, and then she was getting asthma from the smell of it. Totally ignoring the fact that the last time I smoked that stuff was the 10th April 1997 apparently I am talented enough to get stoned whilst riding my motorcycle from work to uni.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 05:01 am
Wilso, I am so glad she turned out to just be a nutter, and that it wasn't you Wink I seem to recall that back in uni, I fell in with quite a few of those often figuring it out too late. Confused
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 06:30 am
Wilso
One day you will meet a woman who will be quickly attracted to you and you to she and before you know it you two will be an item. It will happen so naturally you won't stop to worry and analyze.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 04:44 pm
Wilso
I knew all along that there had to be something wrong with her ;-)

Don't ever change who you are for anyone. Well, actually, if you tend to walk down the street slapping people and stuff like that, you might want to change that, LOL.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 04:48 pm
Wilso wrote:
And she also believed that I was smoking dope before going to lectures, and then she was getting asthma from the smell of it. Totally ignoring the fact that the last time I smoked that stuff was the 10th April 1997 apparently I am talented enough to get stoned whilst riding my motorcycle from work to uni.

Hahaha!!! That's a riot!!! This is the first I've ever heard of anyone getting asthma from smelling dope, LOL! Just when I thought I heard it all Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 05:09 pm
errrrr, montana, that's a fairly common allergen.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 08:05 pm
Still doesn't explain how I smoked it on my 10 minute ride from work to uni each Monday!!!!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 08:25 pm
Nope. It doesn't begin to explain the woman. Looks like it isn't just you that she has a problem with though.

Here's the deal. Wimmins is crazy. Minions is crazy too. Once you accept that, you're on your way to a great relationship. Don't think/say you're going to change. Don't hope/expect anyone else to change.

I read something once about love not being not seeing the other's flaws, but seeing and accepting them. It's tough business, discovering love and a partner.
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 08:29 pm
but as you love someone you do change in small ways and don't realize it. I have done things just to make my wife happy because seeing her happy makes me feel happy too but no matter what they must love you for who you are.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 08:36 pm
I think that's right, safecracker. We do make little adjustments as we're going along. It's just dangerous to expect someone else to change, or to demand that they do. In my view, that just leads to trouble. You've got to accept who they are to begin with (you can of course be happy when the little changes happen).
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 08:38 pm
Right ehBeth.

Why do people who are attracted to each other, as the relationship moves to different levels, want them to change?

I can see minor things that irritate you, but you know it's the minor things that make or break a relationship.
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 11:15 pm
I agree here totally, my wife and I just talked about this. It is the little things that seem to matter after all it's the little differences that made you fall in love in the 1st place, if you truely change yourself in the relationship you are not the person your partner fell in love with in the 1st place.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2003 05:25 am
ehBeth wrote:
errrrr, montana, that's a fairly common allergen.

Yes, but she claims it was from smelling it on him. I should have phrases differntly earlier since I didn't mean the person actually being around the smoke, lol!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2003 05:30 am
safecracker wrote:
I agree here totally, my wife and I just talked about this. It is the little things that seem to matter after all it's the little differences that made you fall in love in the 1st place, if you truely change yourself in the relationship you are not the person your partner fell in love with in the 1st place.

Exactly! It doesn't hurt to change little things like cleaning up your place which might have been on the messy side before the relationship and stuff like that.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2003 05:40 am
When I met my sons father, I fell in love with his personality at the time because he was kind, loving, compassionate, etc..., but after I was about 6 months pregnant he turned into a jealous, possesive, abusive monster, so I have no use for anyone who pretends to be someone they're not.
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2003 11:37 am
sorry to hear that Montana *gives you a hug*
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2003 11:38 am
(I like that safecracker! Welcome!)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 06:05 am
safecracker wrote:
sorry to hear that Montana *gives you a hug*

Awww!!! Thanks!!! It was a long time ago, but I ended up having to raise and support my son on my own all these years. I like a person who is genuine all the way :-)

Hugs right back at ya ;-)
0 Replies